House Price Crash Forum

Uk Labour Fears As Migrants Go Home

doh

HOLA441
That just it, too many people see this problem back to front.

Wages for menial jobs are NOT too low, property is TOO EXPENSIVE and this imapcts on all aspects of the cost of living eg. shops charge higher prices to pay their commercial rents.

Somthing has to give, and it aint going to be wages

I totally agree.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442
If you do a job that requires no qualifications, you should get paid the minimum wage. If all jobs paid high wages, there would no incentive for anyone to do the higher paid stressfull jobs that require alot of responsibility.

Do you seriously believe that the people who put the food on our tables are worth so little, that they can only aspire to a subsistence existence.

What job is more important than feeding us?

HOLA443
Do you seriously believe that the people who put the food on our tables are worth so little, that they can only aspire to a subsistence existence.

If all unskilled jobs paid really well there would be no point in education because you wouldn't need any qualifications.

HOLA444
HOLA445
If you do a job that requires no qualifications, you should get paid the minimum wage. If all jobs paid high wages, there would no incentive for anyone to do the higher paid stressfull jobs that require alot of responsibility.

YOU DICK, WHAT A **** COMMENT. Qualifications mean jack poop in the world of work and what really matters is how hard you work and how much common sense you have. You are saying that hard works means nothing?

HOLA446
Guest vicmac64
If all unskilled jobs paid really well there would be no point in education because you wouldn't need any qualifications.

aha - so we are spending billions on education that is of no practical use? I happen to think so...

Why should you need an art degree? or degree for social service jobs? we have become a slave system --- lets face it.

Time for a Libertarian party in the UK.

HOLA447

Prostitution? ;) Only Joking :lol: As long as someone pulls the tatters out the ground. How would we survive without chips as a nation :o

HOLA448
I suspect we have our own supply of unskilled labour.

Yes its called the dole queue. I have been to places that employ mentally handicapped people and people with one arm, no legs etc. What excuse does anyone else have for not working? I have seen people purposely make themselves unemployable by getting their face tattooed. Yes they can work but now no one wants them. People like that should be made to work for dole.

My brother told me about a man a few doors down from him. He has signed off work for years for mental problems. Rent paid, disability paid, council tax paid you name it . Recently he went to an assessment at which point they told him his benefits were being stopped. He told them if they cut his benefits he was going home to kill himself and leave a note blaming them. At which point he was declared mentally incompetent and his benefits restored.

He was laughing his scumbag head off.

HOLA449

Because you were born more intelligent, or maybe just with better access to education, you expect the less able members of society to be your serfs? That IS what you are saying. They should grovel in the dirt and be glad of it, because they aren't clever like you.

Don't forget, it's only an artificial construct of law and order which prevents these unskilled workers from removing your wealth by force. Why shouldn't they have the right to do that, since you think that you have the right to remove theirs because you have a certificate?

HOLA4410

Again another foolish statement. The minimum wage is an artificial arbitrarily set number with no relevance to its true labour cost. It only exists and is used because of biases in the system which lowers wages in many sectors below its true worth and others above theirs. Its no coincidence that median wages have stagnated since globalisation started to occur (only one of many biases). Block all inward/outward migration and correct food imports for PPP and you'd soon see wages change in this sector to reflect true values.

HOLA4411
Because you were born more intelligent, or maybe just with better access to education, you expect the less able members of society to be your serfs? That IS what you are saying. They should grovel in the dirt and be glad of it, because they aren't clever like you.

Don't forget, it's only an artificial construct of law and order which prevents these unskilled workers from removing your wealth by force. Why shouldn't they have the right to do that, since you think that you have the right to remove theirs because you have a certificate?

Hear hear!

The market should set the rate, if that rate happens to be above minium wage and it means i have to pay more for my spuds so be it. If it means people might get a higher wage than me for it, then so what! There's nothing to stop me donning my wellies and getting out there to do this kind of work myself.

HOLA4412
YOU DICK, WHAT A **** COMMENT. Qualifications mean jack poop in the world of work and what really matters is how hard you work and how much common sense you have. You are saying that hard works means nothing?

There's a very few sectors where qualifications matter for the degree of knowledge it represents for a particular field. e.g. doctor, lawyer, scientist. But for 90% it has little bearing.

Edited by alexw

HOLA4413
If you do a job that requires no qualifications, you should get paid the minimum wage.

Are you are saying that all jobs that require no qualifications are equally as difficult as each other?. For someone that is going on about education and qualifications the above is a stupid statement. Maybe we should all be paid according to our height.

HOLA4414

Yes the market should set the rate and if there is a shortage of people willing to work on farms then the pay should be increased. That is surely how the market should work. My experience is that people in this country want to work but the reality is that the pay doesn't match the graft involved or the cost of living. Id work on a farm and I much prefer to do that than sit behind and desk in a call centre. At least you our in the fresh air and your getting some exercise and probably having a laugh.

There is nothing wrong with getting dirty and the quicker Brits learn this the better. The skills you learn with your hands will end up being a lot more useful than knowing how to use a bit of software or how to sell things over the phone. We all know what's coming and most of these desk bound jobs are going vanish.

HOLA4415
There's a very few sectors where qualifications matter for the degree of knowledge it represents for a particular field. e.g. doctor, lawyer, scientist. But for 90% it has no bearing.

Very true, it is the type of person you are, rather than the qualifacation you hold...knowledge is power, but it doesn't necessarily have to be proven on paper. ;)

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
Very true, it is the type of person you are, rather than the qualifacation you hold...knowledge is power, but it doesn't necessarily have to be proven on paper. ;)

And lets face it a lot of undergrad qualifications are not worth a bean. You would be better off going to college and learning a skill such as horticulture which is just a diploma. There are simply too many grads coming out with media studies and humanities, these don't qualify you for work.

HOLA4418
Hear Hear! Sorry i could not resist!

LOL, but I am write. I sometimes pop into the supermarket after work with my work clothes on and the snobby looks I get from people coz I'm covered in oil and crap makes me laugh. The fact is I probably earn a lot more than the average manager in an office but because I work with my hands and I don't drive a company BMW makes them better than me.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
wow there is a second person on hpc that things rents are far too high :blink:

VERY TRUE. The fact is that the cost of living in the UK can't be supported by the economy. We are heading for a disaster on inflationary proportions and there's not a lot the government can do about it now. I think we are heading for a massive recession and its going to last at least 5 years, this is just the start.

HOLA4421
And lets face it a lot of undergrad qualifications are not worth a bean. You would be better off going to college and learning a skill such as horticulture which is just a diploma. There are simply too many grads coming out with media studies and humanities, these don't qualify you for work.

You can't knock any form of learning, but yes it does not guarantee you a job...so you have to weigh up the benefit, value and reward on what you are about to undertake...easy as A.B.C.

Attitude.

Belief.

Confidence. ;)

Edited by winkie

HOLA4422
You can't knock any form of learning, but yes it does not guarantee you a job...so you have to weigh up the benefit, value and reward on what you are about to undertake...easy as A.B.C.

Attitude.

Belief.

Confidence. ;)

Wow.

looks like the recession is cancelled then.

HOLA4423
LOL, but I am write. I sometimes pop into the supermarket after work with my work clothes on and the snobby looks I get from people coz I'm covered in oil and crap makes me laugh.

And me! I just put on my poshest most inbred voice and start my greeting with "Top hole and pip pip to you on this fine afternoon"

HOLA4424

you socilist p*ick, what he is saying is that you are one D*MB f*ck. and i agree with him

it isnt a case of paying people £20PH to pick potatoes, then everything will be fine.

if your a farmer, and you grow potatoes. If it costs you £90 a tonne and you can sell it for £100 a tonne you are fine and stay in business

If it costs you £110 and you can only sell it at £100 you go out of business!

so, what you suggest, just pay people more, will lead to LESS PRODUCTION and SHORTGAGES.

Alternatively, prices will go up and EVERYONE who buys potatoes will be worse off

Look at communist russia in the past they did just what you say, pay people a living wage. What happened? shortgages of food, people straved!

PRICE CONTROLS NEVER EVER WORK

which is why socilism never ever works in the long run

HOLA4425
You can't knock any form of learning, but yes it does not guarantee you a job...so you have to weight up the benefit, value and reward on what you are about to undertake...easy as A.B.C.

Attitude.

Belief.

Confidence. ;)

I've nothing against an education, I'm a great believer in learning and new experiences. But qualifications these days doesn't mean a good education. We also have to accept that everyone who works deserves a living wage even if it means working on a farm. The country wants cheap food but those that are making it are expected to be poor or face losing their jobs from foreign workers....doesn't seem very fair to me. Lets start importing MPS and professionals then.