House Price Crash Forum

Evidence That Brown And The Central Banks Want To

HOLA441

Hard Evidence that interest rate decisions have served to promote only House Price Inflation, as Brown knows full well his economic miracle is nothing more than a debt laden pyramid scheme.

The Bank of England’s Monetary Policy Committee's (MPC) voted today to keep the interest rates unchanged at 5.75 per cent, as the six-year high in borrowing costs helped to push house price inflation down by 0.6 per cent in September.

In other words, Gordon Brown is dissapointed that MEW and Mortgage Debt is now Shrinking.

He is a first class Ars3, having priced out many generations of hard working british families from ever joining the housing market.

Edited by laurejon

HOLA442

Agreed. I loathe the Labour party. Doubt the Tories would offer any respite though. At least theyre somewhat more transparent about prioritising the interests of the rich, if that can be called a plus point.

I found the sight of G.Brown telling public sector workers that their wages are responsible for inflation when hes created boat loads of the stuff with his economic policies and telephone number salaries for his City buddies to be utterly odious.

HOLA443
HOLA444
Hard Evidence that interest rate decisions have served to promote only House Price Inflation, as Brown knows full well his economic miracle is nothing more than a debt laden pyramid scheme.

The Bank of England’s Monetary Policy Committee's (MPC) voted today to keep the interest rates unchanged at 5.75 per cent, as the six-year high in borrowing costs helped to push house price inflation down by 0.6 per cent in September.

In other words, Gordon Brown is dissapointed that MEW and Mortgage Debt is now Shrinking.

He is a first class Ars3, having priced out many generations of hard working british families from ever joining the housing market.

Sorry, didn't quite get that. I am sure the "hard evidence" you mention is somewhere in your post, or maybe you are referring to something not in the post that is in another thread.

If you mean the drop in prices, I would have thought the "hard evidence" would have been if the MPC had reduced rates, not left them as they were.

This is no evidence whatsoever, particularly as the CPI, fudged as it may be, doesn't show a necessity to raise rates.

Hard evidence that this time they are doing exactly the right thing I would say.

HOLA445
Agreed. I loathe the Labour party. Doubt the Tories would offer any respite though. At least theyre somewhat more transparent about prioritising the interests of the rich, if that can be called a plus point.

I found the sight of G.Brown telling public sector workers that their wages are responsible for inflation when hes created boat loads of the stuff with his economic policies and telephone number salaries for his City buddies to be utterly odious.

Agree with everything you say. As an ex member of the Labour Party I loathe it with a passion!

HOLA446
Guest Shedfish
Sorry, didn't quite get that. I am sure the "hard evidence" you mention is somewhere in your post, or maybe you are referring to something not in the post that is in another thread.

If you mean the drop in prices, I would have thought the "hard evidence" would have been if the MPC had reduced rates, not left them as they were.

This is no evidence whatsoever, particularly as the CPI, fudged as it may be, doesn't show a necessity to raise rates.

Hard evidence that this time they are doing exactly the right thing I would say.

inclined to agree with you - the MPC as a body must be acutely aware that the housing market is creaking under present conditions, and chose not to change the conditions. they probably observed Bernanke's 'put', and how it's failed to have the desired effect (interbank rates, housing), and had a few unwanted effects (equity market bubbleheadedness, inflationary pressures, foreign de-investment)

it'll be interesting to see the split in votes when the minutes are out though. almost guaranteed that Mervyn didn't vote for a cut, and hats off to him

HOLA447
Considering the money coming in to the government from stamp duty on these over-inflated house prices, its no surprise that Gordon would like them to remain inflated.

You can see Gordon pacing up and down in his office at No. 10 pondering the delicious thought that houses will soon ALL be over the IHT threshold. There follows the evil genius laugh as the camera zooms in to catch the jaw doing that odd thing as the eyes look strangley dead as they glare straight ahead.

Edited by Realistbear

HOLA448

I have been a lifelong Tory with the exception of the '97 election when I voted Labour because I thought it would do the Conservatives good to be kicked out of office so that their heads could be knocked together for their ultimate benefit.

I now rue that decision; the last ten years have seen hugely increased taxation, 'makework' job creation in the public sector, declining public services and schools, and the emergence of a culture of vile greed which eats away at the very fabric of our society. Add grossly inflated house prices, brought about by artificially cheap money and reckless lending, the wrecking of private pensions - once the envy of Europe - and it's a pretty dismal record after ten years of mis-management.

The arch culprit is Brown, the odious creature who has left his filthy fingerprints on every aspect of our economy and our society. I despise the man.

HOLA449
I have been a lifelong Tory with the exception of the '97 election when I voted Labour because I thought it would do the Conservatives good to be kicked out of office so that their heads could be knocked together for their ultimate benefit.

I now rue that decision; the last ten years have seen hugely increased taxation, 'makework' job creation in the public sector, declining public services and schools, and the emergence of a culture of vile greed which eats away at the very fabric of our society. Add grossly inflated house prices, brought about by artificially cheap money and reckless lending, the wrecking of private pensions - once the envy of Europe - and it's a pretty dismal record after ten years of mis-management.

The arch culprit is Brown, the odious creature who has left his filthy fingerprints on every aspect of our economy and our society. I despise the man.

a culture of vile greed which eats away at the very fabric of our society

This is the true legacy of Gordon's miracle of HPI-MEW-BTL. I am considering re-emigrating again and have been on the net this morning while on holiday in the US looking at properties that are drop dead gorgeous from around $250k. I just need to get a job transfer back and I am gone. Never thought I would feel like giving up on the UK after 2 years back but even with a huge HPC the damage done to the social fabric of our country by Brown may well make Britain a third rate hole for generations to come. The whole ethos perpetuated by Nulabour is vile and at the same time menacing. I think they have ruined Britain and will go down in history as such.

HOLA4410

I think the MPC have been very brave to hold interest rates- they must have been under great pressure from the Yanks to drop and help prop up the dollar- I think GB (goerge bush) is going to be on the phone to GB (gordoon bron) tonight

HOLA4411

On the housing bubble David Cameron seems to be little different to Gordon. His solution is to raise the stamp duty threshold. None of them will admit the king has no clothes.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

thats why its not even worth voting. you get the same meal whatever is advertised.

how can opposition NOT be tearing this government to pieces ?

thats when i start thinking it all corrupted anyway. all one big club.

and the illusion of a democracy is only that.

and then they want to ID CARD us all ?

who are they to ID us ???

HOLA4414

Sensible objective decision by the BoE I think.

I don't want to miss the opportunity to use the word odious in connection with NULAB or Stalin though. I just wish I could shake the hand of whoever it was who kicked him in the head when they had the chance all those years ago. :rolleyes:

HOLA4415

thank-you- i also agree with your statment- Great Britain is fookd- and its all brown's fault- the problem is the majority of people in this country who are home owners are loving the HPI- until the majority of people see what is happening nothing is going to change- and more and more good people will emigrate- what a sh1t hole london has become :angry:

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
thats why its not even worth voting. you get the same meal whatever is advertised.

how can opposition NOT be tearing this government to pieces ?

thats when i start thinking it all corrupted anyway. all one big club.

and the illusion of a democracy is only that.

and then they want to ID CARD us all ?

who are they to ID us ???

Democracy could work perfrectly well, if we had a hung parliament. Voting for independants and minority parties is the only way we can restore government to it's proper place. i.e leaving us the f**k alone.

I could just be crackers though :P

Edited by dazednconfused

HOLA4418
Considering the money coming in to the government from stamp duty on these over-inflated house prices, its no surprise that Gordon would like them to remain inflated.

And don't forget the ever rising amounts of inheritance tax from those same over-inflated house prices.