Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
Why does the media generally refer to people 'withdrawing their deposits? 'Deposits' always makes me think of something you step around on the pavement. Why not dignify people's hard-earned life savings with the correct term 'funds'?

I am afraid many can find it is more 'traces of funds'...

HOLA447

There was a riot. unfortunetly it was quelled by a battalion of community support officers. unfortunetly the filth won!

look at that vulnerable old woman. mugged by a spiv in a Top Shop suit.

photo was taken at 2:30 after the doors had been locked and most of the remaining crowd (150-200 people) had disipated.

check out the picture on here

http://emotionless-speculation.blogspot.com/

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
Look at the woman on the right in this photo being turned away from the locked doors of the Kingston northern rock today that is the look of a vulnerable old woman being mugged.

Being refused acces to your funds on demand could b e very stressful for older people in particular, even more so if infirm. This is a very sad photo.

HOLA4411

So now we have a bank run - and I believe it probably has a few more days to ... erm... run, a new climate of fear has entered into the British psyche, possibly not seen in a few generations. "Is my deposit safe?" Certain banks are going to be really crapping themselves that a profit warning here or media speculation there is going to spook the herd and cause another run somewhere else.

Interesting times ahead I reckon!

HOLA4412
Of course, Joe Public can withdraw at a whim, but going down to the local NR is too much effort.

Also customers withdrew approx 1billion yesterday.

Judging by today unless you are down the branch before 8am on monday you won't get your money out. Going down the local NR implies you are willing to wait all day.... I spoke to a bolivian he said it happens all the time in south america but his parents wouldn't beleive him if they saw it happening in London.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
So now we have a bank run - and I believe it probably has a few more days to ... erm... run, a new climate of fear has entered into the British psyche, possibly not seen in a few generations. "Is my deposit safe?" Certain banks are going to be really crapping themselves that a profit warning here or media speculation there is going to spook the herd and cause another run somewhere else.

I think you're absolutely right. In some ways the fact that the BoE have offered assistance to them rather than forcing them straight into liquidation (presumably to avoid the hassle of processing millions of claims under the compensation scheme) could make the next one worse. At the moment too many people are ridiculing the people taking their money out because they think Northern Rock is still a sound business. Next time they'll be first in line.

HOLA4416
Guest Bart of Darkness
Credit Crunch Cornflakes, Credit Crunch Cookies, even Credit Crunch salad-sprinkle. That's what we will be eating for a while now. Not particularly nutritious, laden with unnecessary additives and salted with the tears of the newly-impoverished.

Now that's just evil.

Funny though! :lol:

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

It's a case of hearing someone shouting:...Lion! Lion! ...and the Wildebeast run like f@ck!

Only problem was I was shouting Liar! Liar! :lol:

HOLA4419
yep_we_really_are_shutting_at_2pm_Iknowthereare_hundreds_of_people_still_in_the_queue.JPG

here is happless NR employee. dressed in customary old person dupping atire. explaining to that Hot Sky news Reporter that they have to shut the doors at 2pm because the staff want to go home.

The guy is just following orders! More importantly, look at the advert behind the customer in the NR window, job opportunities with Northern Rock!!!

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

It's all over for Northern Rock.

It really doesn't matter what the politicians, central bankers, or media say anymore. The investors and depositors are not listening. They know the guy next door has a 5X 125% mortgage with them, and is on the piss every night. The UK population have finally twigged where all the money has been coming from to jack up the price of UK property, and they are now afraid.

Without investors or depositors Northern Rock is dead meat. The BoE could run the whole operation if they wanted to.

Folk are going to be watching all the other building societies for the slightest trip-up, once they do, the stock will get punished and depositors will queue up outside.

Let this be lesson to everyone who has one of these new fangled internet banking accounts. They can just be turned OFF as Northern Rock have just done.

This is not the end, but just the beginning.

Edited by Pluto

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
Being refused acces to your funds on demand could b e very stressful for older people in particular, even more so if infirm. This is a very sad photo.

I find that photo the most disgusting thing ever. Old people who went through the war and lord knows what else turned away by police, denied access to their life savings- in a democratic country for god's sake!! I think I just woke up in some third world country.

HOLA4424
No flour?!

Panic not, there are other foods ye can eat - pasta, potatoes, fruit, vegetables, even nettles and dandelions (at a push, I'm not making this up, what do you think REALLY helped England win WWII?!).

Astute positional playing by Churchill permitting Roosevelt to push Lend Lease through an isolationist Congress. Japan attacking Pearl Harbor bringing the military/industrial might of the US into the War as an ally. Hubris on the part of Hitler attacking an erstwhile neutral Russia. The actions of millions of people throughout the Commonwealth supporting an otherwise isolated BRITAIN.

Do tell us - how do you think ENGLAND won WWII?

HOLA4425
I find that photo the most disgusting thing ever. Old people who went through the war and lord knows what else turned away by police, denied access to their life savings- in a democratic country for god's sake!! I think I just woke up in some third world country.

Yes, and what about all the internet accounts that just tell them to basically fook-off. While this going on the media and politicians are telling everyone everything is fine. This reminds me of the band playing on the Titanic.