House Price Crash Forum

Luxury 13 Foot Wide Abi Westwood With 11 Month Season (£59,995)

neilrich

HOLA441
Brand new Abi Westwood 41x13 with full UPVC decking situated on 5 star Park on the outskirts of the charming town of Hexham, the pretty village of Lowgate.

**** Fees paid for 2007****

The Park is a quiet and peaceful retreat with shop, launderette, nature trail and wireless internet access.Recently awarded 5 stars- Exceptional Grading by the English Tourist Board and awaiting confirmation of A Gold David Bellamy Award for services to conservation and the Environment, this a truly exceptional park with NO vacant plots!. The Westwood is brand new, comes full furnished with Kitchen/Diner including an integrated Dishwasher, Freezer and Fridge. Utility room with Washing Machine and storage. One Double bedroom with dressing area/study, walk in wardrobe and en-suite facility, bathroom and large lounge with feature fireplace and French Windows opening onto a South Facing Veranda.The Holiday Home is for sale due to a house sale falling through.

Gumtree

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
£59,995 seems a bit steep for a caravan. £7500 would be more realistic. Someones having a laugh.

Not wishing to nit pick, but the technical term is "static home." For some strange reason they can cost more that a real house.

me? I'm buying I'm four brand new shipping containers from China (cost approx £1300 each) and converting them.

HOLA445
Not wishing to nit pick, but the technical term is "static home." For some strange reason they can cost more that a real house.

me? I'm buying I'm four brand new shipping containers from China (cost approx £1300 each) and converting them.

Hi, just out of interest, where do you plan on placing them once you have them (and converted)... Do you have land for them? I assume being fixed they would still need planning permission?

I only ask as I am interested in looking up a similar solution to a problem I have... thanks.

HOLA446
Guest vicmac64
Hi, just out of interest, where do you plan on placing them once you have them (and converted)... Do you have land for them? I assume being fixed they would still need planning permission?

I only ask as I am interested in looking up a similar solution to a problem I have... thanks.

providing the building can be classes as temporary or moveable then as far as I know there is very little they can do about it - there are some site guidelines so check it out first.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

LOL it's a caravan with a plastic verandah!

It's so typical of rip-off Britain that becoming trailer park trash is marketed as some sort of luxury lifestyle choice.

In the USA it's the lowest form of housing. Nothing wrong with it per se, but you are basically living in a shack. Perfectly ok if that's all you can afford and not something I would be ashamed of. But in the UK, it's touted as being something special!

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Well in my case, some might get shifted to France,

However I think you can get away with getting planning permission for a "temporary structure." That seems to be how they are playing it in East London, where "Container Cities" are spreading, in Tower Hamlets, River Lee area and from my latest Docklands Light Railway trip, Shadwell it seems (not far from Tower Bridge).

I also might also buy an old Thames Lighter to mount the containers on, however I may now have lost my mooring.

My London office is based in a container and its fine. Inside you wouldn't know (I'll have to post some pics). Many have patio's and are well insulated. I do know of proposals to build an 11 storey high structure.

For fitting out a container I've been quoted £55/sq.ft to £85/sq.ft plus VAT, but its still a cheaper, more robust solution to the "static home" and uses a greater extent of recycled materials.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
How's your mobile reception?

Mobile phone reception is fine. Wireless internet a little dodgy not suprisingly as its almost a Faraday cage, but there are doors, windows etc.. which let sufficient signal through.

Might be the ideal accomodation for tin foil hat types...or these people now claiming to be allergic to wireless internet radiation :lol:

Edited by rover2000

HOLA4416

Anyone else interested in these Chinese containers? I'd be up for a shared ownership arrangement if anyone knows 3 other people that would like to share?

We could have theme partys! where we dress up as mexican or asian workers, for added authenticency we could huddle in one corner pretending to be dead!

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
£59,995 seems a bit steep for a caravan. £7500 would be more realistic. Someones having a laugh.

Thats nothing, I once saw a shed at an Isle of Wight seaside 'resort' on Rightmove for £8,500. A similar shed for sale in B&Q was up for £350. Though of course this comes without the land to put it on.

HOLA4419