House Price Crash Forum

Secret Memo Warns Of Crime Wave

Ash4781

HOLA441
HOLA442
Guest The_Oldie
It says that crime will rise “because the rate of economic growth is slowing”

This point was mentioned by George Jones, the guest reviewer on the BBC News 24 roundup of today's papers a few minutes ago.

HOLA443
The confidential and unusually frank report from Tony Blair’s strategy unit also attacks the police for failing to improve their performance despite big budget increases.

If labour found the correlation between their pen pushers introducing the mountain paperwork and red tape to strangle the efficiency of the police, then they'd have to redirect the condemnation back on themselves. Is there any end to the talents of this governement.

Political correctness and paperwork are undermining our police. The police can only do their job properly if they are able to intervene, to confront and to take action against crime and anti-social behaviour. They cannot police our streets if they have one hand tied behind their back, or if paperwork keeps them chained to their desks.

So great is the deluge of paperwork that, for every extra police officer Labour have recruited, almost one extra bureaucrat has had to be employed. So great is the number of pen pushers that they will not fit into the new Home Office that Labour are building.

Mismanagement is rife in both the Crown Prosecution Service and our courts. Seven per cent of cases are now abandoned because of errors by the CPS. In London alone 1,400 defendants went free last year because of delays in gathering evidence. A fifth of all trials don't start when they are meant to.

So the 'economic miracle' is coming to an end :lol:

"The HPI/MEW machine is slowing down, quick, someone do something!"

HOLA444

Sky News have just reported on the increase in crime, and the need for more prisons. Now they`re talking about problems with debt and a slowing economy.

Suddenly, what most of the people on this forum have been predicting for the past year or two, seems to be starting to be recognised by the media. Absolutely typical of the government and media in this country, allow things to go wrong, then try to put them right, rather than prevent things from going pear-shaped in the first place.

Happy New year, UK.

HOLA445
Guest pioneer31
"It says that crime will rise “because the rate of economic growth is slowing”

Too right. There's nothing like a drop in the GDP figures to make you want to go out and chop bodies up :rolleyes:

Good god, is there anybody in this sorry country with any brains??

Sky News have just reported on the increase in crime, and the need for more prisons. Now they`re talking about problems with debt and a slowing economy.

Suddenly, what most of the people on this forum have been predicting for the past year or two, seems to be starting to be recognised by the media. Absolutely typical of the government and media in this country, allow things to go wrong, then try to put them right, rather than prevent things from going pear-shaped in the first place.

Happy New year, UK.

Govt's ALWAYS do this.

Usually they wait 20 yrs before acknowledging the problem though.

HOLA446

I'll tell you what, there's a lot of people who've paid top dollar for ex council houses who'll be wishing they hadn't when the economy takes a turn for the worse. These places are going to enjoy a short, sharp reversion to the badlands - especially if the tories win the election.

HOLA447

Happy New year, UK.

Prof,

If you want to hear what is really going, when it is going on, you ignore the politicians and their patsies in the media. Keep your ear to the ground and listen to teh phone-in shows, it really is a revelation.

Here's a perfect example - rigged accidents. There are people out there purposely cuasing traffic accidents to make fraudulent insurance claims - I knew about this probably a good couple of years ago, yet you would have heard virtually nothing from mainstream media. What has been done about it - we shold of heard of dozens of high publicity cases where perps were banged up for a good number of years - this is extremely serious stuff. Yet what do we get - speed cameras on safe roads and tax collection.

This country is like a bomb waiting to go off. A large proportion of the population are seething theat they have been consitently lied to, duped and let down by a political class that looks like it doesn't give a toss about the sort of crap that people have to deal with on a daily basis. They are in for a very big shock.

http://www.sundaypost.com/news2.htm

Scams cost millions

By Adam Docherty

ROAD accidents staged by criminal gangs who claim from insurance firms are reaching alarming proportions and pose a growing risk to public safety.

That’s the message from the Insurance Fraud Bureau.

Since 1999, more than 22,500 fraudulent staged and induced accidents have taken place across the UK, including hundreds in Scotland.

Typically, the fraudsters drive to busy road junctions and perform unexpected, unnecessary and dangerous emergency stops designed to cause innocent members of the public to crash into them.

Car stooges

In one incident, Mr Davies revealed, two cars were used as stooges to cause an articulated lorry to crash.

“We reckon the thinking behind that was commercial companies were more likely to pay out.”

However, this new trend has thrown up a sinister possibility.

We’ve been getting feedback from the road haulage industry that if articulated lorry drivers feel they are being set up by stooges they will drive straight through.

“That could have dreadful consequences,” added Mr Davies.

HOLA448

The confidential and unusually frank report from Tony Blair’s strategy unit also attacks the police for failing to improve their performance despite big budget increases.

Oh right. Crime rates have been falling since the mid-1990s but the police arent performing?

Perhaps the police could be more effective if they werent compelled to fill out a form, ask you for your name and address and insult you by asking you to define your own "ethnicity" every time they say "good morning"...then employ hundreds of people to input these forms into a database....

/rant

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

This latest 'memo leak' is no surprise to me.

I've said for several years now that the anti-liberty, mass-surviellence, National ID drive of the State has nothing to do with mad Muslims and everything to do with containing the anger of the general population faced with ever-declinging quality of life and any chaos arising out of the unwinding of the debt-bubble. The State has a whole host of economic and social scientific research at its disposal. If random nobodies on web forums can see what's coming next they surely have the possible outcomes of their policies mapped out in some detail.

I wonder why the government is so leak prone, though. Surely this leak could be seen as a threat, ie. 'Let us massage the debt bubble however we like else the pissed-off hoi polloi will rampage down your streets'.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

crime (especially burglaries) has fallen dramatically since the mid 90's, nulabour and the police have given themselves a massive pat on the back <_<

however in reality it's got nothing to do with nulabour or the police -it's got much more to do with the Chinese

I always thought burglaries had decreased due to more people having double glazing (especially on council estates) and better all-round home security. Hence the rise in muggings (i.e. not a drop in crime just a displacement)

Edited by peemac

HOLA4414

I always thought burglaries had decreased due to more people having double glazing (especially on council estates) and better all-round home security. Hence the rise in muggings (i.e. not a drop in crime just a displacement)

mid 90's second hand knocked off video recorder 30 pound+ at the chav's pub or carboot sale.

06 brand new shiny silver dvd player 17 pound at asda

why risk buying stolen good when asda are cheaper?

HOLA4415

mid 90's second hand knocked off video recorder 30 pound+ at the chav's pub or carboot sale.

Agreed the second hand market in stolen consumables is dead. I hear though large scale theft of diesel and petrol is on the increase becasue its the only thing worth taking.

Agreed the second hand market in stolen consumables is dead. I hear though large scale theft of diesel and petrol is on the increase becasue its the only thing worth taking.

HOLA4416

True. Never thought of it like that :)

Having said that, I used to use a similar line of argument when my dear old nan complained about all the burglaries and how there were none in her day. The reason is simple, hardly anybody had anything worth nicking :D

Edited by peemac

HOLA4417

What they are talking about here is the same as when a pusher takes away a supply of drugs away from the junkie, he/she becomes aggressive, manipulative and will try and hold onto his gains(drug supply) in ways he/she would of never dreamed of when things wre going well.

A possible millions of junkies going cold turkey in the Uk in the next few years, too scary to contemplate

Sam

HOLA4418

I had double glazing (locked), didn`t stop my them wrenching the window open and breaking into my place a few weeks ago. A few "enhancements" have been made to my alarm system, as the one that went off during the last break in was not enough to stop them from "helping themselves". I`ve added extra locks to all the windows, feels like i`m in prison !

HOLA4419

What they are talking about here is the same as when a pusher takes away a supply of drugs away from the junkie, he/she becomes aggressive, manipulative and will try and hold onto his gains(drug supply) in ways he/she would of never dreamed of when things wre going well.

A possible millions of junkies going cold turkey in the Uk in the next few years, too scary to contemplate

Sam

An incredibly good comparison. With so much of the population addicted to the 'next best thing' what will they do when they have no job or credit rating available due to bankruptcy?

People do what works and will do what they need to, to feed their 'addiction'

GordEnron's legacy will be a nation of destitute theives.

Edited by john_d_uk

HOLA4420
Guest Charlie The Tramp

You have hit the nail on the head, the reason they discovered CC fraud was then more profitable.

HOLA4421

Bloody hell. Lucky the Japanese do not have the same iron rules of economics/social behaviour as this commentator believes that we do, or Tokyo would be a war zone by now!

HOLA4422

Media are linking the expected criome wave to DEBT (Gordon's creation):

http://www.freehelpadvice.com/debt-crimewave/

Debt crime wave
: Downing Street in a panic ready to introduce draconian measures
Filed under: Debt News — Matt at 3:40 pm on Sunday, December 24, 2006
1984.jpgA report created by a Downing Street strategy unit says the UK needs to brace itself for a nationwide crime wave if the economy takes a nosedive. The report leaked to the Sunday Times says the UK will see huge increases in crime levels bigger than the crime levels we saw in the mid-1990s after the economic nosedive of that era.
The report predicts prison numbers could increase by 25% within 5 years. This in itself would cause a total meltdown in the court and prison system.
The crime wave would be caused by the increasing “wealth gap” in British society.
The report also criticizes the police force for their failure in tackling crime with 9 out of 10 crimes going unpunished, unreported or unsolved.

HPI will prove itslef to be the worst social disaster in the last 50 years. Debt creation gone mad while Gordon boasts of miracles.

HOLA4423

They've identified that disillusionment due to the wealth gap will be the real reason for the rise in crime rate.

So instead of addressing this, what do they do?

They come up with a set of more inventive ways to punish us.

I particularly like the idea of 'public shaming of offenders with "pink prisons".

Oh, no ... not a pink prison please guv! ... I promise to be a good boy and learn how to earn and shop!

I rather fancy a bit of pink burburry.

HOLA4424

They've identified that disillusionment due to the wealth gap will be the real reason for the rise in crime rate.

So instead of addressing this, what do they do?

They come up with a set of more inventive ways to punish us.

I particularly like the idea of 'public shaming of offenders with "pink prisons".

Oh, no ... not a pink prison please guv! ... I promise to be a good boy and learn how to earn and shop!

I rather fancy a bit of pink burburry.

Yep, pink will become the new yoof 'fashion' colour - everybody will be wearing it

....like those short 'prison' style haircuts....

HOLA4425

Yep, pink will become the new yoof 'fashion' colour - everybody will be wearing it

....like those short 'prison' style haircuts....

'Crime' will increase due to the wealth gap that has opened up.

Mind you, Robin Hood was a 'criminal': if the bankers and assorted scum who have paid themselves into a fortune suddenly find that there is a mass of pissed-off people nicking their stuff, can they really claim to be:

(a ) morally superior;

(b ) surprised?

Society is going to snap...well done Gordon, Gordon's banker mates, Nulabour and all the other f**kheads who have helped bring us to this point.

May YOU be first up against the wall! :angry:

Edited by marko