House Price Crash Forum

Drink Some Wine And Order A Pizza

homeless

HOLA441

Yes its friday again people.

As most on here dont have the noose of a mortgage to pay, then its time to get your favourite tipple, and your favourite meal.And enjoy this friday evening.

We realy gotta chill more on here, A house is all very well but dont let the anger and worry drive you into the grave.

have a good weekend all and remember.

lay off they credit cards

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443

As most on here dont have the noose of a mortgage to pay, then its time to get your favourite tipple, and your favourite meal.And enjoy this friday evening.

We realy gotta chill more on here, A house is all very well but dont let the anger and worry drive you into the grave.

very good point,

HOLA444

And watch a film. The Money pit. :lol::lol::lol: .

You know you want to.

HOLA445

Totally agree, homeless -- and it goes for 'bulls' too. I'm off to the pub, and to pick up a Chinese takeaway on the way home.

Cheers!

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

well im almost through a bottle of 3.99 wine and i must say it was realy rather good :).Ive always found it realy pays to rise a little above the minimum price ie 2.99 to get great value.and its a waste to pay 5.99.

id get a takeaway as well. but unfortunatly im i think 85 miles away from the nearest one

HOLA449

well im almost through a bottle of 3.99 wine and i must say it was realy rather good :).Ive always found it realy pays to rise a little above the minimum price ie 2.99 to get great value.and its a waste to pay 5.99.

id get a takeaway as well. but unfortunatly im i think 85 miles away from the nearest one

Have fun homeless. Get a £5.99 bottle of wine and your turning bull. Your nearly there.

Edited by BrickingIt

HOLA4410

£2.99 :o:o:o

Inflation really is rising.

HOLA4411

homeless - where do you live!!!!!!!!! (general area of course)

HOLA4412

I don't think the £2.99 basic wine exists anymore. I was in the wine section of Sainsbury's earlier (for HPC forum inflationwatch research purposes you understand!). Everything seems to start at £3.99 these days. Cheapest one I could find was a £2.10 Sainsbury's 'Basics' range red. Except I couldn't find any bottles of it at all - completely sold out of course ;)

HOLA4413

£2.99 :o:o:o

Inflation really is rising.

£3.99 is a reasonable benchmark for tried and tested supermarket brands, IMO. This benchmark has barely moved in 15 years. Hurrah for negative WPI!

I'm celebrating with a nice bottie of Pinot Grigio having cut up 3 credit cards in the past week. :) (Did not pay a penny of interest paid on any of them - they're a relic of my rate tart days.)

cheers!

HOLA4414

I don't think the £2.99 basic wine exists anymore. I was in the wine section of Sainsbury's earlier (for HPC forum inflationwatch research purposes you understand!). Everything seems to start at £3.99 these days. Cheapest one I could find was a £2.10 Sainsbury's 'Basics' range red. Except I couldn't find any bottles of it at all - completely sold out of course ;)

okay - call me a pikey !!

but.......... you can get drinkable wine from £2.40ish at LIDL, there are cheaper bottles than that but i do have some standards, there bordeaux is nice

HOLA4415

okay - call me a pikey !!

but.......... you can get drinkable wine from £2.40ish at LIDL, there are cheaper bottles than that but i do have some standards, there bordeaux is nice

Are there any other LIDL wines you'd recommend besides the bordeaux? At that price I'm willing to take a punt!

Edited by bugged bunny

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

we also had some (chilean?) cabernet sav which was ok

cheers - I'll hop down to LIDLs along with the rest of the pikeys in the morning ;) to check those out.

Good God Man! How much are you going to buy? I've heard of the wine lake but that's ridiculous ;-)

(One sleeve of the coat already on)

Hehe, will probably play safe and take just a 1-bottle punt, but, you know, I need a plan B in case there's been a run on the bordeaux.

On second thoughts ... I have a few last-minute Christmas gifts left to buy, and who's going to taste the difference. :ph34r:

Edited by bugged bunny

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

Ahem, while we're setting out of wine pikeyness stalls I'd like to add to my last post that we (well okay, basically I) normally get through a couple of bottles of circa £5 wine a week. :P

That said, Lidl have £3 bottles of Cava on at the moment. Think I might load up!

Agggh, 'Arestel' has the distinct whiff of German (or even Austrian :blink:) about about it - it's certainly not Spanish. We all have to draw the line somewhere, and I'm definitely drawing it there.

I remember someone buying some teabags from LIDLs once and the tea tasted of dust.

But cheap red wines are always worth a wee punt IMO.

HOLA4421

It does sound a bit German, but Arestel.com is Spanish (although not Cava-related). I've done some searches on Arestel Cava and found plenty of Spanish results and after plugging them into Google translate the reviews seem favourable. It's a LIDL exclusive and apparently was going for €2.30 a bottle :o

"Arestel Brut Reserves (It digs) * Moreno36 * 30.12.2003

Arestel is the digging that is sold exclusively in the supermarkets LIDL, and its relation quality-price, like all the wines of this establishment that I am proving, is insurmountable. By this same relation it is worth the trouble to acquire the Brut Reserve within range: it is wonderful, and at the moment for writing these lines the bottle costs the pretty number of 2.30 euros."

Well hey, I'm going to give it a go anyway.

HOLA4422

It does sound a bit German, but Arestel.com is Spanish (although not Cava-related). I've done some searches on Arestel Cava and found plenty of Spanish results and after plugging them into Google translate the reviews seem favourable. It's a LIDL exclusive and apparently was going for €2.30 a bottle :o

"Arestel Brut Reserves (It digs) * Moreno36 * 30.12.2003

Arestel is the digging that is sold exclusively in the supermarkets LIDL, and its relation quality-price, like all the wines of this establishment that I am proving, is insurmountable. By this same relation it is worth the trouble to acquire the Brut Reserve within range: it is wonderful, and at the moment for writing these lines the bottle costs the pretty number of 2.30 euros."

Well hey, I'm going to give it a go anyway.

Top research!

I'm not going to be able to carry so many bottles home from LIDLs tomorrow :D

HOLA4423
Guest wrongmove

Good God Man! How much are you going to buy? I've heard of the wine lake but that's ridiculous ;-)

(One sleeve of the coat already on)

:P

I think there should be more threads like this. The Motley Fools has a "Living Within Your Means (LWYM)" subforum for just this sort of thing - somewhere to pool ideas on how to reduce your outgoings without reducing your quality of life.

Here is one of the "stingiest" ones I cane across there:

When buying broccoli by weight, carry a penknife to surruptisiously cut off as much of the stem as possible before you weigh it in.

I have to admit I have never taken things that far, but you get the idea. :P

Edited by wrongmove

HOLA4424

:P

Here is one of the "stingiest" ones I cane across there:

When buying broccoli by weight, carry a penknife to surruptisiously cut off as much of the stem as possible before you weigh it in.

I have to admit I have never taken things that far, but you get the idea. :P

That is so funny! I can imagine it now, I will pass on that tip.

HOLA4425