House Price Crash Forum

Webmaster, Has Hpc Honestly Made A Difference?

HOLA441

Do you honestly feel/believe that the forum has changed anything? I`d be interested in any feedaback on this. Perhaps one or two could point to a friend and say "we saved them from financial ruin" although they could argue back "well thanks a lot pal I`ve pissed away 3 years of renting money when I could have bought a place for 150K and it would now be worth 200K" I know I`m over-simplifying but we`re not honestly at the stage were HPC is taking credit for something that hasn`t happened are we? :o

"Thanks to everyone who has contributed to www.housepricecrash.co.uk since its inception in October 2003. The site has gone from strength to strength and has been a model success story for internet communities where the collective voice can really make a difference"

Edited by Converted Lurker

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

It has made a difference to the hundreds of people that though that they were the only ones thinking that property was overvalued and now feel part of a community, that's what I meant, I wasn't implying that the site has anything to do with affecting property prices, apologies for the confusion.

HOLA445
HOLA446

This forum represents a small group of people expressing complex views/ideas

Mainstream VI media can reach millions in a far simpler way

Of course not...

simple solutions for simple people......I'm fine with that!

they haven't twigged that they are the willing victims in a "hustle" yet have they!!!

look it really is that easy

......you go into a bar and a guy offers you a game of pool..you oblige.

you win the game and he(looking slightly like a sore loser),offers you a small wager on the next game....again you agree.

.....you win and think your luck is in....sensing blood you happily give the nod to the idea of "double or quits" when suggested.

..again you win...you think you're minted.

and then comes the hustle.........you're offered a large stack of money on" one last game"

you think it's because the guy wants to recoup his losses and you fancy your chances of winning, but it's a sucker-punch.......once you raise the game and bet the extra he will wipe you out....leaving you minus your wallet and rolex watch,not to mention the booty you had materialised over the last couple of games.

the secret is knowing when to quit.

HOLA447
Guest muttley

This forum represents a small group of people expressing complex views/ideas

Mainstream VI media can reach millions in a far simpler way

Of course not...

Well it's made a difference to me.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

It has made a difference to me....

I have an older friend who has no mortgage, is a qualified corgi gas fitter with 30 odd years experience of plumbing and property maintainence... He told me in autumn 2004 that some of his estate agent friends (Nuneaton area) were starting to talk of negative equity in the market and the fact that if the market showed any significant slowing then there were an army of 'investors' to pounce on the first wave of cheaper deals.... 'The money is waiting and they will buy anything' he told me..... 'But it will only delay the crash'.....

I started looking for information, found this site among my daily googles for house prices... Watched the market in my hometown and jumped off the ladder quick sharp......

So far he has been correct..... Prices in the east midlands are not doing very well at all now.... I cant see how things can get better during this cycle so i sit it out whilst i decide what to do.....

This site gives me more information on my chosen path than all the newspapers and tv put together, simply because both property investors and property bears are debating their case against each other for the good of the 'willing to learn'....

I now have a better understanding of some of the factor that decide the fate of our housing market, and it doesnt look that good for the near future from what i have learnt for myself..... Meanwhile my interest just about covers my rent.... B)

HOLA4411

It has made a difference to the hundreds of people that though that they were the only ones thinking that property was overvalued and now feel part of a community, that's what I meant, I wasn't implying that the site has anything to do with affecting property prices, apologies for the confusion.

This forum is the only place where i can find people who really believe that we are in a bubble - however i don't feel part of a community - because the threads where "conversations" take place are the really accademic threads - that i can't get my head around. The ones which are less taxing - i find it difficult to strike up any response most of the time - i think that's because there's so many threads, and people who want to have their say.

I feel there are groups of people who just want to discuss the facts, and want this forum to be purely academic, but it has to cater for the large range of people who visit on here, and just because you beleive there is going to be a hpc doesn't mean you are clever - it just means you might have a bit of common sense. Then again maybe i'm quite dull! I'll get mi coat!

HOLA4412

Sorry not to me because I don't believe in your theory. I only discovered this site relatively recently - some of your regulars trolled a site I use and abused some of its members - of course that led to curiosity about THIS site. Must say I think it's the bizarrest forum I've ever come across. All the changes in rules and upgrading and downgrading of status, labelling posters trolls, veneration of certain posters - bizarre, bizarre, bizarre!

Some top people on here though (quite a lot unnecessarily rude ones as well - c'est la vie!).

HOLA4413

Sorry not to me because I don't believe in your theory. I only discovered this site relatively recently - some of your regulars trolled a site I use and abused some of its members - of course that led to curiosity about THIS site. Must say I think it's the bizarrest forum I've ever come across. All the changes in rules and upgrading and downgrading of status, labelling posters trolls, veneration of certain posters - bizarre, bizarre, bizarre!

Some top people on here though (quite a lot unnecessarily rude ones as well - c'est la vie!).

Well its not stopped you hanging about. :rolleyes::lol:

HOLA4414

Its made a difference to me (hey why don't we print a T-shirt. This is starting to sound like an advert)

I have a far better understanding of how economics works (thank you marko) and I haven't jumped onto a dead horse in the past year, as I was looking to do if not for that despondent "house price crash" browser search.

Thanks to HPC I'm a happier, better adjusted, and more creative person now. :D:D:D

Bugger the T-shirt, lets just form a cult :lol::lol::lol: (HEY SAM, missing you too ;):P )

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

HPC has made a big difference to me. It's been an education in many ways.

The downside is I can no longer watch the news or read a paper without getting extremely irritated, and conversations about politics or economics are complete no-go areas (apart from on here). My opinions have become beyond the pale, but nobody said the truth was pleasant.... :(

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420

I know Mumsnet is very stale and placid in comparison. :lol::P

You ARE joking? - get on a breast - v - bottle thread - you won't know what's hit you!

It's actually a very varied site - you can go from naming someone's dog :rolleyes: to discussing the Muslim cartoon furore!

It has the added attraction that you can disagree with each other without being banned into the ether!

(it is boring at times though - like anywhere ;) )

PS - not that stale and placid for your friends though eh?

Edited by BricksandMortar

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424

Yes this site has made a difference!

I thought I was the only one who thought the property market in the UK was going crazy. Seemed to be the norm that "prices only go up up up" but when I asked the question, "Ahhhh so we will have to spend our entire salaries on mortgage repayments..." People gave me a slightly concerned look, "Oh you don't understand..."

I would ask them to explain to me so I could understand... And the best response, "Well, if you're going to be rude..."

I wasn't rude then, but I will be now.

You smug financial retards, I hope you lose every penny. When you do, I will patronisingly offer to lend a caring ear over a cup of coffee. I will then... very caringly of course, utter the immortal words....

I TOLD YOU SO, MUPPET!

Phew - better now

:lol::lol::lol:

HOLA4425