House Price Crash Forum

E As In Yorks Predict Hpi At 70% 2005-2010

HOLA441

http://www.thisisyork.co.uk/york/news/YORK_NEWS_LOCAL0.html

House prices on the move again in city

by Mike Laycock

YORK has been named as one of the country's top property hotspots.

The
website propertyforecasts.co.uk is predicting a 60 to 70 per cent rise in property values in the York
area over the next five years - one of the biggest increases in the country.
Until recently, it was forecasting an astonishing 100 per cent price rise in one York postcode - YO10 - making it the hottest hotspot in England and Wales.
The figures have fallen after
Land Registry figures for the last quarter of 2005 recently showed a surprising decline in York prices.
John Waterhouse, director of Hunters estate agents, said today the 100 per cent figure had seemed "wildly optimistic", while 60 to 70 per cent was at the top end of the possible scale.

"Wildly optimistic" does not begin to describe this EAs forecast. :lol::lol::lol:

HOLA442

Idiots.

Who exactly would be buying them? Are the Royals planning a mass move to York?

The EA has displayed a total lack of understanding, he must think everyone in the world shares his over zealous exitement when it comes to property. Self-Obsessive-ness leads to poor predictions in the market place.

I foresee a time (post correction) when people yawn and wince when property values are talked about in public.

HOLA443

This is ridiculous! I am in York and I am watching. Whilst prices are high, I can see that properties are taking a while to shift. For FTBs the prices are so mad that it's laughable. Potential increases of 60 to 70%! What is going on?! I know annecdotal evidence is the worst kind but a person I know, who is trying to sell their 2 bed semi in one of the postcodes mentioned have had only 1 viewing in 3 weeks by someone who hasn't yet sold their property. They are blaming the time of year, the weather, everything but the STUPID PRICE! I have to steel myself to keep my mouth shut. Why doesn't anyone see this is not good news? Sorry about the rant but right now I am beside myself with frustration! [breathe...in.....and out....]

HOLA444
Guest Winners and Losers

:lol::lol::lol:

Pity those who just bought in YO10 - not. I worked in York for a couple of months and people there do seem to think it is something special. OK, its nice, but not at London prices. I don't think so.

HOLA445

Parents live in the area, they seem to think york prices are alot higher than worcester, dad saying prices in worcester seem cheap, 500k for a detached property in the country etc etc... just checked his area and prices appear to be about the same if not less in york. I think my dad thinks his house is worth alot more than it actually is worth...

checking nethouseprices proves it, the detached house next door sold in 2001 for 140k!!!!!! My dad bought in 1990 for 120k.. and believes his house is worth 400->500k....

I think people in the area think there houses are ALOT more than they are actually selling for.

Edited by moosetea

HOLA446

propertyforecast.co.uk.they are the "uber bulls" that on the first sunday in the month, tell you in the sunday express what property was worth last month,this month and what it will be worth in 12 months time.they have been doing this for 3 years now,and their forecasts have been getting more and more outrageous.i did email them once to tell them it was vi spin dressed up as independent information.their md is one mandy bradley.wonder if she is any relation to brian bradley, md of bradleys estate agents.that would explain the hysterical forecasting.

HOLA447
HOLA448

This is the sort of spin the Yorkshire Evening Press lap up every time. Normally they pop to the estate agents along from their offices on Walmgate for an 'expert' view on the latest Rightmove/Nationwide etc figures.

That the credibility of propertyforecast has been brought into question by virtue of them having had to adjust their highly scientifically derived figures downwards from their previous even more ludicrous forecast, due to the fact that prices have actually gone down in defiance of their own data, would be hopelessly lost on them.

HOLA449

by Mike Laycock

The
website propertyforecasts.co.uk is predicting a 60 to 70 per cent rise in property values in the York
Until recently, it was forecasting an astonishing 100 per cent price rise in one York postcode - YO10 - making it the hottest hotspot in England and Wales.
Land Registry figures for the last quarter of 2005 recently showed a surprising decline in York prices.
John Waterhouse, director of Hunters estate agents, said today the 100 per cent figure had seemed "wildly optimistic", while 60 to 70 per cent was at the top end of the possible scale.

"Wildly optimistic" does not begin to describe this EAs forecast. :lol::lol::lol:

But it is just wishful thinking by some not very bright people employed as EAs. They don't know where the market is going but they think they know where they want it to go. We don't know either but on HPC.co.uk people tend to try to make a logical case based on economics, not just it is heading down because I want it to...

HOLA4410

This is the sort of spin the Yorkshire Evening Press lap up every time. Normally they pop to the estate agents along from their offices on Walmgate for an 'expert' view on the latest Rightmove/Nationwide etc figures.

That the credibility of propertyforecast has been brought into question by virtue of them having had to adjust their highly scientifically derived figures downwards from their previous even more ludicrous forecast, due to the fact that prices have actually gone down in defiance of their own data, would be hopelessly lost on them.

Yorkshire News is for Northerners after all - they're more than a little spawny.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

by Mike Laycock

The

OMG! I can't stop laughing. Brilliant.

mouths_004.gif

post-67-1141247331.gif

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

it's certainly a mistake. probably they wanted to say `minus 60%'?

i'm subscribed for updates in YO10 and today received this one: http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property/11231966 - 50% discount sale. :o

HOLA4416

it's certainly a mistake. probably they wanted to say `minus 60%'?

i'm subscribed for updates in YO10 and today received this one: http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property/11231966 - 50% discount sale. :o

YO10 includes the very pleasant areas of Heslington, Fulford and the University but also includes the poor areas around Hull Road. York prices are quite reasonable at the moment compared to some areas of North Yorkshire and even West Yorkshire but I cannot see the basis for such optimism about prices; it's not exactly a boom town, lots of jobs are going. Nice gift shops though.

HOLA4417

by Mike Laycock

The

Okay... (sniggers.... ) so.. (laughing...)

The MPC is promising that wage inflation will... Must (giggle) be.... (tee hee) kept below 2.5%..

but.. people will.. will be able to afford 100% more...

I laughed so hard.. I think I have weed a little..

EXPLAIN HPI?

OKAY..

PEOPLE ARE DUMB, THEY HAVE NO UNDERSTANDING, PUT A SUIT ON SOMEONE AND SET HIM TO WORK..

GUESS WHAT...

STILL DUMB..

THIS DUMB PERSON HAS SEEN FTB'S DROP TO RECORD LOWS AND SUGGESTS THAT WE CAN AFFORD THE DOUBLING.. PERHAPS WE CAN RENT THOSE BAD BOYS FROM A LANDLORD.. DOUBLE RENT... ????

WORDS CAN NOT EXPRESS THE IMPORTANCE THAT THIS EA IS STERILISED, HIS INPUT TO THE GENE POOL WOULD NOT HELP SOCIETY

Edited by apom

HOLA4418

YO10 includes the very pleasant areas of Heslington, Fulford and the University but also includes the poor areas around Hull Road. York prices are quite reasonable at the moment compared to some areas of North Yorkshire and even West Yorkshire but I cannot see the basis for such optimism about prices; it's not exactly a boom town, lots of jobs are going. Nice gift shops though.

Nice gift shops in Windsor too - which, on another recent visit, I notice are closing down in droves.