House Price Crash Forum

HPC is off, according to the Guardian

HOLA441
HOLA442
28 minutes ago, PeanutButter said:

And yet the woke side criticise the Guardian endlessly for being too right wing. 

In some ways, it can be. 

😁

It will endorse the crude feminism of blaming men for all relationship problems, but not address why women have much more difficulties in relationships. 

It will be against snobbery, but sneer at anything that is unromantisised working class. 

It can be like @angrycapitalist in just thinking the system needs correction rather than the faults being of design. 

HOLA443
24 minutes ago, Bob8 said:

In some ways, it can be. 

😁

It will endorse the crude feminism of blaming men for all relationship problems, but not address why women have much more difficulties in relationships. 

It will be against snobbery, but sneer at anything that is unromantisised working class. 

It can be like @angrycapitalist in just thinking the system needs correction rather than the faults being of design. 

https://amp.theguardian.com/books/2023/jul/12/what-about-men-by-caitlin-moran-review-bantz-gone-bad

HOLA444
1 hour ago, PeanutButter said:

I commented, rather sneeringly I confess but I suspect appropriately, that people who think they are relationship gurus have long suffering partners.

I had no interest in what Caitlin Moran had to advise about being a man and I am quite enjoying having my assumptions confirmed.

I am often shocked again my how little men who think they are experts on football know about football. Unfortunatley, the female equivalent of football is often relationships and psychology.

HOLA445
9 hours ago, SE10 said:

Mortgage providers have bet that rates will peak at a lower point than previously expected, and HMRC figures show that homebuyers have returned to the housing market, ending speculation of a collapse in prices

WTF has HMRC got to do with house sales?

CGT maybe.

But any other metric??

LR records sales.

BoE/FCA record mortgage activity.

If you are going to write a gormless poof piece then at least get the core of your BS correct.

HOLA446
HOLA447
On 30/07/2023 at 09:24, Maghull Mike said:

Oil going over $100, gas price will rocket as likely to be a much cooler winter this year Russian contract finish in 2024. Ukraine is finished as a large scale food producer for the time being, Russia shipping to "Nice nations)...............just smell the inflation coming....= more rates.

Mike

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/russia-ready-clash-us-over-syrian-skies-putin-says

President Putin in a Saturday statement given to the press significantly ramped up his rhetoric regarding a potential clash with the United States over Syria.

TASS media quoted him as saying that "Russia is ready for any scenario" if it comes to that, but still "does not want a direct military clash with the US." 

How much Syrian oil is being dumped into the markets at low prices to keep inflation down (relieving pressure on the SPR)? Could Syria and Russia be concocting a plan to pressure the US into abandoning their positions in Syria, Afghanistan style? That might really put a rocket under inflation...

HOLA448
27 minutes ago, nero120 said:

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/russia-ready-clash-us-over-syrian-skies-putin-says

How much Syrian oil is being dumped into the markets at low prices to keep inflation down (relieving pressure on the SPR)? Could Syria and Russia be concocting a plan to pressure the US into abandoning their positions in Syria, Afghanistan style? That might really put a rocket under inflation...

THey re enforced their troop numbers in the area & made it clear IT WILL NOT BE CHASED AWAY.

This is now a totally criminal operation, the WEST is WAR with the Global south............won't help, oil over $85 this morning

"INTER ARMA SILENT LEGES"