House Price Crash Forum

I Really Could Cry

HOLA441

And I'm disgusted the Estate Agents knowing their situation has allowed this to happen.

Young couple 2nd baby on the way, sold their house for £5k less than the asking price, viewed a house they can stretch to afford, they were the first to see it and have offered the full asking price :o

Can they be talked out of it ? Oh no the EA has told them everything sells for the asking price (expect their own house - is there a head banging against a brick wall icon)

HOLA442
And I'm disgusted the Estate Agents knowing their situation has allowed this to happen.

Young couple 2nd baby on the way, sold their house for £5k less than the asking price, viewed a house they can stretch to afford, they were the first to see it and have offered the full asking price :o

Can they be talked out of it ? Oh no the EA has told them everything sells for the asking price (expect their own house - is there a head banging against a brick wall icon)

Sickening isn't it?

EA industry needs to be regulated more. Professionalism has gone out of the window to be replaced with greed.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
Guest muttley

Sickening isn't it?

EA industry needs to be regulated more. Professionalism has gone out of the window to be replaced with greed.

The EA is a salesman and he sold the property for full asking price.I'm not sure what you think he's done wrong.

You can't legislate to protect people fom their own stupidity.(Sorry homeless,but they are if they believe everything the EA tells them)

Buyer beware!

HOLA446
HOLA447

mur.gif

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

so estate agents can manipulate stupid people. Why not blame the stupid people?.....

Every salesman manipulates his stupid customers, and always will. Clever people always get better deals - that's why they are clever. No news here - you'll never force a salesman to admit that his product is a bad buy, in any sector of the market.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Dealers hey, I think that most of em are basically legalised crack dealers. At least you can get out of crack with a few 1000 on rehab. where as a 30 year mortgage is with you for most of your working life.

a Mortgage is for life, not just for Christmas ;)

HOLA4415

Dealers hey, I think that most of em are basically legalised crack dealers. At least you can get out of crack with a few 1000 on rehab. where as a 30 year mortgage is with you for most of your working life.

When I have the misfortune of seeing one of those Loan Sharks Direct type advets on the TV presented by some z-list celeb I often wonder why they didn't choose a more legitimate career path, instead of sinking so low so quickly. They could have done something a little more morally upright like smuggling crack.

HOLA4416

I also know someone who is buying at the asking price, the house was owned by an estate agent

first to view the house, suprisingly there were loads of people viewing after them (of course there were!)

In the book Freakonomics by Stephen Levitt, the author researches the price achieved and the time on the market for EAs own homes versus the normal homes they sell.

Would it surprise you all if I told you they sell their own homes for 10 percent more and leave them on the market for an extra 10 days compared to the punters homes?

They deserve the reputation they have.

HOLA4417