House Price Crash Forum

CORBYN: Fill empty homes with people who need them

HOLA441
1 minute ago, wighty said:

Is that because you are really a conservative, but just dislike Boris?.  

I was a lifelong Conservative voter and grass roots supporter. Cameron ended that when when he reneged on his 2010 manifesto and further inflated Labour's housing bubble.

conservative-manifesto-2010.pdf (blogs.com)

One thing is clear. We can’t go on with the old model of an economy built on debt. Irresponsible public spending, an overblown banking sector, and unsustainable consumer borrowing on the back of a housing bubble were the features of an age of irresponsibility that left Britain badly exposed to the economic crisis. Now, with the national debt already doubled and in danger of doubling again, it is this debt – together with the jobs tax that Labour will introduce to help pay for it – that threatens to kill the recovery

As for BJ, he is simply the most loathsome PM this country has ever had, and that includes Blair and Brown.

HOLA442
HOLA443
1 hour ago, spyguy said:

So should migration for economic speculation.

The best compromise is to only provide benefits to UK nationals and ensure that the UK turns a profit on all migrants living in the UK.

Theres 15m-20m extra people arrived in the UK since ~2000.

Youll find that the housing crisis is nothing more than migrant crisis.

But it's much more than 'just a migrant crisis', as evidenced by the GFC and the UK's runaway national debt.

And it's already devastated the hopes and expectations of a generation of young Britons. Are we going to let it do the same for the next?

HOLA444
1 hour ago, markyh said:

This, the UK's 1st "Killer App" was legally enforced property rights, without it we would have never gone on to own 1/3rd of the world in our Empire to set us up as one of the richest countries in the world.  

All piss poor 3rd World countries basically have terrible records of property rights and state confiscation, so they remain poor. If you want a nation to remain wealthy, no.1 priority is enforcing property rights. 

You dont see many Russians spending $millions on property in capitals of 3rd world countries. 

Free market capitalism fell over and died in 2008. The UK economy has been on life support ever since. 

If the Russian mafia continue launder their dirty money here it's because UK financial regulations are a joke.

HOLA445

I laugh at threads like this. It's labours fault, no it's the conservatives, no it's the immigrants, no it's general population, we are not building enough blah blah blah.

When are you lot going to see that high house prices are a deliberate policy decision between the government, banking establishment and builders. The government needs to stimulate spending to keep tax revenues flowing because people spend plenty when they move and the banks need to make money. We are pawns in this game and the builders are willing collaborators.

You can vote for any colour you like so but you will always get policies that try to stimulate the housing market. The best chance for value anyone has is to wait for a glitch in this imperfecty manipulated system....but you could be waiting for a very, very, very long time.

HOLA446
11 minutes ago, zugzwang said:

Free market capitalism fell over and died in 2008. The UK economy has been on life support ever since. 

If the Russian mafia continue launder their dirty money here it's because UK financial regulations are a joke.

+1

To the extent that it was ever real free market capitalism. 2008 and then 2009 when QE was introduced is when the mask finally fell off and the suspicion that the game was rigged gave way to the absolute certainty that is was rigged.

HOLA447
HOLA448
1 hour ago, Bruce Banner said:

Much as I dislike Corbyn, given a choice between him and BJ I would go for Corbyn. Fortunately, I no longer have to make that choice. 

A choice between BJ and Starmer is no contest, Starmer by a mile.

At least you'll have a tory in power 😉 

HOLA449
1 hour ago, Bruce Banner said:

I was a lifelong Conservative voter and grass roots supporter. Cameron ended that when when he reneged on his 2010 manifesto and further inflated Labour's housing bubble.

conservative-manifesto-2010.pdf (blogs.com)

As for BJ, he is simply the most loathsome PM this country has ever had, and that includes Blair and Brown.

Much as I dislike BJ I think the Iraq war makes Blair No 1.

Although saying that he probably believed that it would bring peace to the middle east.