House Price Crash Forum

Mr Super Moron

spyguy

HOLA441

https://www.ft.com/content/131cb084-395d-11ea-a6d3-9a26f8c3cba4

A high-end London estate agent known as “Mr Super Prime” has left Knight Frank after posting images of a wealthy client’s home on Instagram without the seller’s permission.

Daniel Daggers, who has 30,000 Instagram followers and frequently uploads pictures of luxury homes, sports cars and movie premieres, departed late last year after a client said the publicly available photos invaded their privacy and created a security risk, according to people briefed on his departure.

Jesus.

When I sell spy Manors, (Belgravia), Im not having a grubby EA posting pics on the interweb.

https://www.instagram.com/daniel_daggers/?hl=en

Look at me! Im in a rich blokes house! Me!! Eh, Im good!!!

https://www.knightfrank.co.uk/blog/tag/daniel-daggers

Look at me! Im like James ffing Bond with a infrared tape measure. My names Daggers, Daniel Daggers.

HOLA442
HOLA443
6 hours ago, spyguy said:

A high-end London estate agent known as “Mr Super Prime” has left Knight Frank after posting images of a wealthy client’s home on Instagram without the seller’s permission.

Daniel Daggers, who has 30,000 Instagram followers and frequently uploads pictures of luxury homes, sports cars and movie premieres, departed late last year after a client said the publicly available photos invaded their privacy and created a security risk, according to people briefed on his departure.

Jesus.

When I sell spy Manors, (Belgravia), Im not having a grubby EA posting pics on the interweb.

Look at me! Im like James ffing Bond with a infrared tape measure. My names Daggers, Daniel Daggers.

There is something particularly obnoxious about those involved with 'luxury' London property 

HOLA444
HOLA445
18 minutes ago, prozac said:

It is a tough one to work out is that buyers or the estate agent are the more dodgy 

In Hampstead Garden Suburb the principle EA that has it all stitched up has staff driving round in Porsches and do their schmooze from their private box at the Emirates stadium.

HOLA446
HOLA447
10 hours ago, spyguy said:

Jesus.

He says it all for us in one pithy (error-strewn) platitude:

image.png.c38b0261d1cbfee85b6dd6846a793e58.png

Yes, trust him to go taking photos of someone else's home and braging about it ... yes.

Trust him to actually do something correctly ... no.

Edited by Aidan Ap Word

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
14 hours ago, prozac said:

Those pictures are incredible, I recently purchased a Sony DSLR and can only dream of taking pictures that good 

Are you being serious?

A) Sony only make mirrorless cameras these days.

b) the pictures are basically - ooh look at the lowlight performance of this sensor. Piece of p1ss to take.

Edited by Frugal Git

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
21 hours ago, prozac said:

Sony A6400

Yep, not a dslr then - a very good compact apsc mirrorless though. 

If you are serious about his photos being decent, you have the kit. For similar night shots which will probably exceed the quality of his - composition not withstanding, do the following.

* use a tripod

* set it to manual mode,

* set the iso to 100 (to get clean images without much noise),

*the aperture to f8 (for a Broadish depth of field),

*  the metering/histogram as you set the shutter speed. It will likely be in the order of seconds.

* set up a two second timer to avoid camera shake as you press the shutter button, and take the shot.

This will get you excellent results in terms of technical quality, but you’ll still need compositional skills. 

you can compromise on the technical if you wish - push the sensor a bit harder using auto iso, handheld and just aperture priority. It’ll calculate the shutter speed needed for a reasonable exposure. Compromise will be noise in the image. 

as you get better, you’ll work out what’s important.

HOLA4414
2 minutes ago, Frugal Git said:

If you are serious about his photos being decent, you have the kit. For similar night shots which will probably exceed the quality of his - composition not withstanding, do the following.

* use a tripod

* set it to manual mode,

*  the metering/histogram as you set the shutter speed. It will likely be in the order of seconds.

* set up a two second timer to avoid camera shake as you press the shutter button, and take the shot.

This will get you excellent results in terms of technical quality, but you’ll still need compositional skills. 

you can compromise on the technical if you wish - push the sensor a bit harder using auto iso, handheld and just aperture priority. It’ll calculate the shutter speed needed for a reasonable exposure. Compromise will be noise in the image. 

Interesting point about using manual mode and lowering the iso, i will try that over the weekend

HOLA4415
27 minutes ago, prozac said:

Interesting point about using manual mode and lowering the iso, i will try that over the weekend

I guarantee you’ll be shocked at the difference ? You can do this trick on a really basic camera - a phone with an app that allows you to properly control every parameter, and the results are usually leagues ahead.

If you haven't got a tripod, use a jumper underneath on a wall or something, and use the self timer.

HOLA4416
9 hours ago, Frugal Git said:

I guarantee you’ll be shocked at the difference ? You can do this trick on a really basic camera - a phone with an app that allows you to properly control every parameter, and the results are usually leagues ahead.

If you haven't got a tripod, use a jumper underneath on a wall or something, and use the self timer.

i have a tripod, the chinese sellers gave me one for free.

HOLA4417
10 hours ago, prozac said:

Ram the exposure triangle through your noggin. Take photos with incorrect white balance pre-sets and compare to the most appropriate (pre) setting. Learn rules of thumb like focal length and shutter speed and what distance from subject does to the exposure. Have fun, make it a day out.

HOLA4418
On 24/01/2020 at 08:54, Frugal Git said:

* use a tripod

* set it to manual mode,

Good explanation, I would just add before you do this just take one normal photo to check that the composition is ok.