House Price Crash Forum

Waking up to Leasehold

HOLA441
4 hours ago, Locke said:

HAHAHA

What do you find so funny? That a relatively poor and unsophisticated person has been royally screwed over by a faceless corporation that is sucking the blood out of unwary people?

It’s not how I get my laughs. 

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
14 hours ago, Ah-so said:

What do you find so funny? That a relatively poor and unsophisticated person has been royally screwed over by a faceless corporation that is sucking the blood out of unwary people?

It’s not how I get my laughs. 

It makes my blood boil that a close relative of a fomer prime minister is into this and tried to block reform  and ..i agree it's not for merriment but direct your anger towards the real evil doer's....the establishment made and continues to make this possible....i honestly don;t think they see the difference between the bottom of the barrel council estate single mothers and anyone else in the population the fact that many on here have more wisdom than the likes of the moron cameron and more heart to boot...we're just not in the club....i was watching the programme on the titanic where they showed both sets of gates from steerage still locked.....that's murder....this country hasn't changed one iota there an establishment club and we're not in it....if we all stopped voting they would have no mandate....they get away with it becauee most people are not so much dumb they just make no effort to educate themselves...well i guess that is dumb....if your news comes from mainstream media or the mail or express or forbid worse...you're no more than a bovine on 2 legs wodering why your mates keep falling over ahead up the line going into that big building

the fact that that poor woman is enduring nothing but grief at the end of the days because she has been shafted by a system and people in that system who need taking out and being given some serious reeducation by the proles they despise and feed off.....makes me boil with anger.......i couldnt do what they do legal or not.(it's al legalese BS)..and i'm glad i am like that for to be like them is to be less than nothing ..no matter what fancy cars they drive or houses they live in

Edited by Spindler

HOLA445

and when they really **** things up out come the posters to get the proles into uniform....i always recall that poster from ww1

"women of Britain say go" or "what did you do in the war daddy ?" 2years after they locked the gates from steerage on the titanic..because you were poor..woman..child or man...you are poor and don;t count !

• 1 year later...
HOLA446

Competition watchdog takes enforcement action over leaseholds

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2020/sep/04/competition-watchdog-takes-enforcement-action-over-leaseholds

The competition watchdog has launched enforcement action against four of the UK’s leading housing developers – Barratt, Persimmon, Taylor Wimpey and Countryside Properties – after an investigation uncovered evidence that leasehold homeowners and prospective buyers were being misled and charged excessive fees.

The Competition and Markets Authority said the developers may have broken consumer protection laws and has started enforcement action against them.

“It is unacceptable for housing developers to mislead or take advantage of homebuyers,” said Andrea Coscelli, the chief executive at the CMA. “Everyone involved in selling leasehold homes should take note: if our investigation demonstrates that there has been mis-selling or unfair contract terms, these will not be tolerated.”

Read more

The CMA’s lengthy investigation found “troubling evidence” of unfair practices including homeowners paying escalating ground rents, which in some cases were planned to double every 10 years, and people being told properties on an estate would only be sold as leasehold homes when they were later sold freehold to other buyers....

Edited by Saving For a Space Ship