House Price Crash Forum

BOE reveals split decision on IR

HOLA441
30 minutes ago, happyguy said:

what a childish post 

Depends, if you're someone wanting the best for your country a stab at having a return to capitalism and for house prices to crash so wages become affordable it could be deemed a visionary post, probably the greatest post in the history of posting on websites.

If on the other hand you're a leveraged BTL debt monkey visiting from Poverty118 or such like it could be deemed "a childish post".

However as any child with basic levels of common sense will know borrowing vast sums of money in the hope "you" can use someone elses wages to repay this for "you" indefinitely would be extremely idiotic idea; then quite clearly a child would not write it.

HOLA442
HOLA443
On 23/04/2018 at 12:16 AM, warrior88 said:

If I recall correctly - there was a 50/50 chance in late 2013 and then 2014

I'm taking my guidance off oil prices... the current prices (Last 9 months), have yet to hit the wider economy as its purchased at future prices. If BoE fail to raise in May, the pound will nose dive and inflation will go higher. US 10 year bond yields passed the 3% threshold then dropped again, tells me the US market is over heating. :ph34r:

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
18 minutes ago, mrtickle said:

I agree, but I wouldn't want Jacob to be tried for treason. He's a hero! ;)

Bankster-loving, god-botherer with a massive property VI.... Paid up member of the Neoliberal Thought Collective who thinks that food banks are fantastically Christian...

Smogg's just a more demented version of Tory B. Liar, or Call-me-Dave.

HOLA447
58 minutes ago, mrtickle said:

I agree, but I wouldn't want Jacob to be tried for treason. He's a hero! ;)

Twas Carnage that imho ought to be tried. JRM seems to me to be our only hope ... though i will be voting for Corbyn in May as i think he i capable of crashing the property market ... though not through choice as many of his chums will be neck deep in London property cash and debt.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
17 hours ago, maverick73 said:

Slightly different ball game, back then they were straving off stagnation... now they want to force other centeral banks to raise rates.

They want to? 

What makes you think that they want to force other central banks to raise rates?

HOLA4412
8 hours ago, warrior88 said:

They want to? 

What makes you think that they want to force other central banks to raise rates?

A high dollar value at the sametime, the barrel of oil prices is continuing to rise... means the buying country is paying more its currency to meet its supply demands. 

The US Treasury Bond prices also indicate that changes in the current baserate forecasts are looming. 

HOLA4413
9 hours ago, maverick73 said:

A high dollar value at the sametime, the barrel of oil prices is continuing to rise... means the buying country is paying more its currency to meet its supply demands. 

The US Treasury Bond prices also indicate that changes in the current baserate forecasts are looming. 

ok, that is just an opinion. 

HOLA4414
3 minutes ago, TonyJ said:

We will not have to wait to long to see if it is correct. "force other central banks to raise rates" presumably means this year, not by 2025.

I just think global economics is more complex.

What I would welcome is a correction / crash in housing prices, don't care who or what causes it.