House Price Crash Forum

US election recount

workingpoor

HOLA441
4 minutes ago, workingpoor said:

When is the cut off date for a vote recount? 

I think the Electoral College vote to certify Trump into the POTUS position in early December? 

I don't think anything will come of a recount it just smacks of Remoaners & Brexit 2.0 

After the Podesta revelations, the sacked staff at Party heirachy, then if a recount is even to be considered, the issue of election fraud MUST come into it. Electronic voting is a really crap idea. They must get rid of it.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443
15 minutes ago, Bloo Loo said:

Electronic voting is a really crap idea. They must get rid of it.

That debate has been going on for some time, hasn't it?

I can remember those bumper stickers: 'Diebold. Machines that vote so you don't have to.

HOLA444

Recount underway in Wisconsin.

The state recieved a request for a vote recount from Jill Stein whose fund has now recieved $5 million in donations. 

Stein also pland to submit requests for recounts in Michigan & Pensylvania.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/wp/2016/11/25/election-recount-underway-in-wisconsin-after-stein-files-petition/?0p19G=c

The request was submitted 90mins before the deadline for a recount on friday.

HOLA445
HOLA446

What makes me laugh is things like this at 1>00 in

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/hillary-clinton-trump-threat-to-not-accept-us-election-result-is-horrifying-a3374066.html

Where Hilary expressly stated her HORROR that Trump would hold his judgement on the election result.  Now all her little zombies are doing just that, with her tacit support

HOLA447
HOLA448
11 hours ago, whitevanman said:

Strange that Jill Stein would be asking for a recount. Does she think they accidentally failed to count 60,000,000 votes in her favour? :wacko:

Maybe she's just showing she's been a Dem stooge all the way?

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
Guest TheBlueCat

I still can't believe that anyone thinks electronic voting machines that don't produce any kind of printed record are a good thing. With the Yanks running multiple elections at once (president, senate, congress, school board, sheriff, judges etc. etc.) I get why a pure paper based system might be very expensive to operate but surely some kind of properly hard to tamper with systematically after the fact record ought to be produced as part of whatever automated process is used?

HOLA4413
Guest TheBlueCat
27 minutes ago, Ill_handle_it said:

So George Soros is closely linked to a company that manufactures the e-vote machines. Now we're led to believe there are issues with the count, ie a hack. I can't help thinking that this is bs.

It's a re-run of all the Diebold stuff from 2004. I wouldn't trust an electronic voting machine any further than I could throw it myself but all the same it seems extremely unlikely that any kind of systematic tampering has happened.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
7 minutes ago, TheBlueCat said:

It's a re-run of all the Diebold stuff from 2004. I wouldn't trust an electronic voting machine any further than I could throw it myself but all the same it seems extremely unlikely that any kind of systematic tampering has happened.

you dont need systemic tampering...just a little percentage adjustment here or there on the servers.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
Guest TheBlueCat
1 hour ago, Turned Out Nice Again said:

The chances of 3 critical swing states all being miscounted in favour of the non-establishment candidate is zero. If Clinton/ Soros get away with this obvious boondoggle, it's the end of the USA.

Why all the Soros conspiracy theories, I don't get that one?

HOLA4418

It's not a direct link but it's certainly not debunked. Snopes says it is. I don't trust it any more.

Smartmatic is owned by Lord Mark Malloch-Brown. He is connected to Soros through the Open Society Foundation, an organization that gives grants to civil society organizations around the world. Malloch-Brown serves on the Open Society Global Board. Smartmatic says on its website, "George Soros does not have and has never had any ownership stake in Smartmatic."

Link.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/george-soros-connection-to-voting-machines-2016-10

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
Guest TheBlueCat
6 hours ago, Ill_handle_it said:

It's not a direct link but it's certainly not debunked. Snopes says it is. I don't trust it any more.

Smartmatic is owned by Lord Mark Malloch-Brown. He is connected to Soros through the Open Society Foundation, an organization that gives grants to civil society organizations around the world. Malloch-Brown serves on the Open Society Global Board. Smartmatic says on its website, "George Soros does not have and has never had any ownership stake in Smartmatic."

Link.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/george-soros-connection-to-voting-machines-2016-10

Even if he did own a stake, it seems exceedingly far fetched to think that he would be involved in vote manipulation in some way and that absolutely no-one would leak that involvement in any way.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
18 minutes ago, TheBlueCat said:

Even if he did own a stake, it seems exceedingly far fetched to think that he would be involved in vote manipulation in some way and that absolutely no-one would leak that involvement in any way.

2016 was the year that all conspiracy theories turned out to be true. ;)

HOLA4424
On 11/26/2016 at 3:56 PM, SpewLabour said:

What about the states that were marginals for Clinton? Shouldn't those be recounted too? Oh sorry.... obviously not.

The  states that Clinton won by less than 1.5% was New Hampshire (0.4%) with 4 electoral votes at stake  . Trump won PA by 1.2%, WI by 1%, MI by 0.3% with a total of 46 electoral votes at stake. (see http://www.politico.com/2016-election/results/map/president

I would certainly support checking the votes in all four states - it just seems sensible internal control. I do not expect that anything untoward will be found, but why not 'trust and verify'? Especially this year, where it is quite clear that outside forces have been attempting to influence the US election - mainly by russian based trolls posting on social media sites. I don't count the false news sites as attempting to influence the election - they are just profit motivated and the Trump supporters were apparently more gullible than the Clinton supporters - so that was the bias of the news posted. (see http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/25/world/europe/fake-news-donald-trump-hillary-clinton-georgia.html)

HOLA4425
6 hours ago, bearishonhouses said:

The  states that Clinton won by less than 1.5% was New Hampshire (0.4%) with 4 electoral votes at stake  . Trump won PA by 1.2%, WI by 1%, MI by 0.3% with a total of 46 electoral votes at stake. (see http://www.politico.com/2016-election/results/map/president

I would certainly support checking the votes in all four states - it just seems sensible internal control. I do not expect that anything untoward will be found, but why not 'trust and verify'? Especially this year, where it is quite clear that outside forces have been attempting to influence the US election - mainly by russian based trolls posting on social media sites. I don't count the false news sites as attempting to influence the election - they are just profit motivated and the Trump supporters were apparently more gullible than the Clinton supporters - so that was the bias of the news posted. (see http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/25/world/europe/fake-news-donald-trump-hillary-clinton-georgia.html)

In the interest of fairness recount the entire thing then, i.e. the blue states too. 

Also to keep blaming the entirety of all negative news on Russia and some poster boy kid in a basement in Georgia is frankly becoming pathetic.  

Archived