House Price Crash Forum

Too Much Risk - I'm Out....

Jumble

HOLA441

Took you a long time to look that up. :lol:

:( No it took me a long time to type it and multiple clicks to get past the 90 second flood protection

So the reason you are buying a house is to protect yourself from your own fecklessness?

Whatever works...

how did an awooga thread last so long.......

I'm not an awooga; I'm not trashing someones thread, I'm not abusing the forum members (athough I'm getting plenty of abuse), and I'm not discrediting your hypothesis - although I am saying it doesnt work for me.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
I'm not an awooga; I'm not trashing someones thread, I'm not abusing the forum members (athough I'm getting plenty of abuse), and I'm not discrediting your hypothesis - although I am saying it doesnt work for me.

sounds like an awooga to me...but what do i know. im drunk as a lord...!!

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

I think trolls are people pretending to be what they are not. Simple as that.

EDIT: And I think I've spoken to you before under other noms de plume.

So which bit makes me a troll... :huh:

And I can assure you I would recall having met a durch before, particularly a cold suspicious one like you but I dont think I have.

HOLA446
HOLA447

Thanks for your wishes. It is expensive, but I like living somewhere nice - life is to short to live in anything else. New place is more cottagey but should be cool too.

One thing I have enjoyed about renting is the sense of being able to move on with minimal hassle. One bad thing is the constant fear of marking a wall or damaging a carpet and losing deposit....

I try, I do try, I really try not to do this. But, I am going to make an exception in your case as you are talking so much bolleaux.

You said, 'life is to short to live in anything else'.

Well, apart from the obvious response of 'TOSSER!' I have to point out that life is long enough to learn the difference between 'to' and 'too'.

HOLA448
HOLA449

£350,000k in the bank and you are renting ???

News headline from spain

------------------------------

bulls hit artist

Why is that bs?

I sold my house for £425k, remember I have had houses for 23 years - when I sold up I paid off the mortgage of £75k and banked the rest.

I rented at first because I kept getting let down on the simultaneous buy/sell thing, and then started to worry about a hpc so stayed in rented for a while. But now with no interest rate hike imminent to send prices into a crash I've become more worried about my exposure to a moving market than the short term pain of a market correction.

look at it like this:

If I buy and the market crashes my only issue is that I will be paying a few hundred pounds more in mortgage payments per month than if I had waited.

But if I stay out for another year, and the market rises again just 10% rise on a £635k house will leave me £63k behind with one less year to pay it back.

rights so thats a pint for durch. a small port and lemon for bart of darkness and a coconut malibu for dunroamin. does anybody want any scampi flavoured fries or planters dry roasters ?

im only asking once.

Just go and help yourselves then boys. No gentlemen in here I see. I guess I'll go and pour my own.

HOLA4410
Guest Bart of Darkness

rights so thats a pint for durch. a small port and lemon for bart of darkness and a coconut malibu for dunroamin. does anybody want any scampi flavoured fries or planters dry roasters ?

im only asking once.

Anything salt & vinegar flavoured available?

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Too much time wasted on a troll?

Jumble: "12 months ago I sold up and started renting. Have to admit liked the place, nice high ceilings etc. But I cant stand the waste any more.

I've had my offer accepted on the new house and I cant wait to be back in the game. Paying £25k a year to a landlord for no return is not my idea of common sense"

This post smells very fishy. It is too vague to be believable. There are no specifics. It does not have the flavour of a real life story.

Perhaps it also seems lazy: "high celings etc" - ie that's my token concession to the opposite point of view.

Then on to the clincher: " I can't wait to get back in the game" - what? GAME? Is your idea of common sense viewing the property market as a game? NEGATIVE EQUITY IS NOT A GAME.

HOLA4413

I try, I do try, I really try not to do this. But, I am going to make an exception in your case as you are talking so much bolleaux.

You said, 'life is to short to live in anything else'.

Well, apart from the obvious response of 'TOSSER!' I have to point out that life is long enough to learn the difference between 'to' and 'too'.

Now that's pedantic. Guess you've never made a keystroke error in your 1900+ posts.

:(

HOLA4414

But if I stay out for another year, and the market rises again just 10% rise on a £635k house will leave me £63k behind with one less year to pay it back.

But, in case you hadn't noticed, this site's basic premise is a house price crash. If you believe there is a chance a 635k house will rise 10% in the forseeable future, why are you here? Just buy the thing.

Where I live there are many people (no onward chain all of them - wonder why they are getting out of the market?) who would bite your hand off.

HOLA4415
Guest Charlie The Tramp

I sold my house for £425k, remember, I have had houses for 23 years - when I sold up I paid off the mortgage of £75k and banked the rest.

I`m afraid I can`t find where you said that previously.

HOLA4416

Now that's pedantic. Guess you've never made a keystroke error in your 1900+ posts.

:(

Happy too put my hands up too the odd typo, but typing 'to' when you mean to type 'too' is not an easy one to make. Your finger is on the 'o' already, it's easy to stick the second one in.

Anyway, I would never be rude enough to point it out if you didn't come on here talking cr@p about 25k rents being money down the pan. Why the hell did you sell up in the first place? Clear off, buy a house, make someone who is desperate to get out with their equity intact very happy.

Edited by Marina

HOLA4417

Too much time wasted on a troll?

Jumble: "12 months ago I sold up and started renting. Have to admit liked the place, nice high ceilings etc. But I cant stand the waste any more.

I've had my offer accepted on the new house and I cant wait to be back in the game. Paying £25k a year to a landlord for no return is not my idea of common sense"

This post smells very fishy. It is too vague to be believable. There are no specifics. It does not have the flavour of a real life story.

Perhaps it also seems lazy: "high celings etc" - ie that's my token concession to the opposite point of view.

Then on to the clincher: " I can't wait to get back in the game" - what? GAME? Is your idea of common sense viewing the property market as a game? NEGATIVE EQUITY IS NOT A GAME.

Samuel - nice name.

Read the thread - there are plenty of specifics here, and you are welcome to test for more.

I do not fear negative equity. It only matters if you have to crystallize your loss - in my case they will carry me out of this house in a box. Also as I have over 50% of the house price as a deposit the risk of negative equity is acceptably low. My bigger risk is that I over pay on the mortgage, but at least by fixing the mortgage for 10 years I know what the worst case will be if BOE hikes the IR

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
Guest muttley

Just go and help yourselves then boys. No gentlemen in here I see. I guess I'll go and pour my own.

You're making a decision based on a perceived 10% rise in property.

Even on 2k a month rental,you're saving £500 a month on a IO mortgage.Stop buying so many shoes!!

HOLA4420
Guest Bart of Darkness

Having checked all Jumble's posts, neither can I.

HOLA4421

Happy too put my hands up too the odd typo, but typing 'to' when you mean to type 'too' is not an easy one to make. Your finger is on the 'o' already, it's easy to stick the second one in.

Anyway, I would never be rude enough to point it out if you didn't come on here talking cr@p about 25k rents being money down the pan. Why the hell did you sell up in the first place? Clear off, buy a house, make someone who is desperate to get out with their equity intact very happy.

You have anger problems.

I sold up because the distance from my house to my daughters school was too far. 20 minutes each way 4 times per day = 1h 20mins, and sometimes I was doing a 3rd round trip when she went to a school firnds for tea. So moved 5 mins from school.

read the thread again, I told you I got my first mortgage at 18 yrs old in 1983.

Keep up at the back.

Ah, a grammatical error. It should have read: I sold my house for £425k. Remember, I have had houses for 23 years - when I sold up I paid off the mortgage of £75k and banked the rest.

Edited by Jumble

HOLA4422
Guest Bart of Darkness

Sorry I have to take my pint to bed. Thanks RFD. Goodnight everyone (Walton's style). :D

Goodnight Durch.

Goodnight Fred.

Goodnight muttley.

Goodnight Marina.

Goodnight Charlie.

Goodnight John-Boy.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

You're making a decision based on a perceived 10% rise in property.

Even on 2k a month rental,you're saving £500 a month on a IO mortgage.Stop buying so many shoes!!

Not quite, I am comparing scenarios where property could fall by 30%, plateau, or rise by 10%. Each has positive and negative impact depending on whether I am in or out of the market.

Although I do believe that markets that excessively rise or fall will correct themselves back towards a path of gentle rise over the long term of 4%-8%.

And I wont save anything on renting. If I save the £500 you mention in a vehicle that gives me say average 5% compound growth y-o-y I will get to retirement with circa £300k in a cash fund. If I go back to spending it via a mortgage I will end up with that much or more in property value. And I wont have lived under the cosh of a greedy ******* like TTRTR