House Price Crash Forum

Brexit What Happens Next Thread ---multiple merged threads.

HOLA441
HOLA442
7 minutes ago, wish I could afford one said:

Agreed, that's why I said 3 maybe 4.  I'm not really sure and I guess we won't know for another 10 or so years.

I know which of the 3/4 I'd like to be part of but then I'm a remainer.  I look forward to reading from afar about the negotiations for an FTA with the US as that I'm sure will be the focus.  It shouldn't impact me as I'll be long gone but I genuinely do hope for the best for the UK although I expect the US will have the upper hand in the negotiations.

Best move you can make - good luck ?

HOLA443
12 minutes ago, GrizzlyDave said:

I can’t read page after page of this shite.

I think this site is at risk of dying.  I guess something based on an event that never happened and looks further and further away with each day carries that risk.

I used to really engage with DB's Credit Deflation thread and suntory's Global Crisis of Epic Proportion's in addition to this thread periodically.  DB seems to have gone elsewhere and it was made very clear that my views weren't welcome on the Crisis thread.

Hey ho.  This site served a purpose to keep me sane at times but even I'm starting to feel less aligned with this forum and I've been on here for 11 years...

HOLA444
HOLA445
18 minutes ago, wish I could afford one said:

I think this site is at risk of dying.  I guess something based on an event that never happened and looks further and further away with each day carries that risk.

I used to really engage with DB's Credit Deflation thread and suntory's Global Crisis of Epic Proportion's in addition to this thread periodically.  DB seems to have gone elsewhere and it was made very clear that my views weren't welcome on the Crisis thread.

Hey ho.  This site served a purpose to keep me sane at times but even I'm starting to feel less aligned with this forum and I've been on here for 11 years...

You can’t put your life on hold for a crash.

Feck me when it comes though so many dumb ass one pay cheque away from disaster’s are going to be utterly destroyed!

HOLA446
1 minute ago, GrizzlyDave said:

Feck me when it comes though so many dumb ass one pay cheque away from disaster’s are going to be utterly destroyed!

I agree.  I had a Plan A and a Plan B.  As it happens Plan B worked and Plan A didn't.  I genuinely hope no HPC'ers put all their eggs in only the HPC basket.

If/when interest rates do rise then a lot of people are going to be badly burnt.  In any market move there are always winners and losers though.

HOLA447
47 minutes ago, wish I could afford one said:

I agree.  I had a Plan A and a Plan B.  As it happens Plan B worked and Plan A didn't.  I genuinely hope no HPC'ers put all their eggs in only the HPC basket.

If/when interest rates do rise then a lot of people are going to be badly burnt.  In any market move there are always winners and losers though.

I’ll be honest a big chuck of my brexit vote is to rock shit up. As Mrs Doyle says; “maybe I like the misery”.

HOLA448
37 minutes ago, GrizzlyDave said:

I’ll be honest a big chuck of my brexit vote is to rock shit up. As Mrs Doyle says; “maybe I like the misery”.

What choice did we have, Dave?

I'm a lifelong LIb Dem voter converted to a Brexit anarchist by NIck Clegg. The useless barsteward proved it's never worth voting for them again - I never will.

I voted Lib Dem (solely for PR) for almost a quarter of a decade edit: century! When the Lib Dems failed to deliver on their long promise of a hung parliament resulting in a vote for PR, there was no other vote for change left.

edit: apart from - possibly - the Brexit enabled Corbyn. He's our only chance at a LVT after the Lib Dem epic fail.

2nd edit: what pisses me off is the 'oh no, America will gobble up the NHS - of corse they'll try, that's how British invented capitalism works (please ask if anyone would like me to expound). Let any UK political party try - without the shelter of all those EU politicians & apparatchiks to shelter behind, they may well become unelectable for generations for anyone who becomes ill - or is related to poorly people.

We need to make UK politicians (solely) responsible for what happens in UK politics. Doing otherwise has been an epic fail.

Edited by Guest

HOLA449
HOLA4410
38 minutes ago, GrizzlyDave said:

And that's where my 45% brexit DNA  lies

HOLA4411
6 hours ago, ccc said:

He's far more polite on that Twitter chat. I don't even see why it's a big deal admitting it's him. 

If I was on twitter I wouldn't give two hoots. 

Well aside from the abuse of Chloe. But even that - whilst pretty nasty - wasn't a huge deal. 

Ok, it's me.  well done.

6 hours ago, ccc said:

How would you know this ....

I click on the link and it just says it doesn't exist. How could you possibly know it's been renamed :rolleyes:

In fact. It isn't you - apparently. So let us know what the new name is. You would have no issue with this of course as it isn't you.....:lol:

As I said, I dm'd him.  He thanked me, told me he'd deleted his name, removed personal info and renamed his account, to a different handle. 

My twitter feed is controlled by an app that deletes tweets over 7 days old.  His wasn't.  What makes me confused, is you had a week, when bruges gave you this persons name, you found an, as yet undefined, unique acronym (you didn't) and yet didn't see anything of the mans account other than his tweet to this Chloe whom he said he liked larger ladies.  I don't know if that's an insult or not, it's not me.  However, in the 30 minutes I looked over this mans account, I saw many things you do not know about, saying you saw a posh car outside a country house (which he posted this morning btw) and nothing else, yet on his account was, pretty much, his lifestyle.  You didn't know this.  I looked high and low all over his account in the 30 mins before it went, and there was no acronym, nothing.  Just pictures of him, his kids, his cars and his life.  That and he's an ardent remainer, like many.

What did surprise me, was his choice of golf clubs, given I imagine he could afford any.  Again, something I found inside 30 mins.

One thing is patently clear paddy, is that you're a liar.  There is no unique acronym, you've simply taken bruges at his word that it's me, and it really isn't.

But, aside all of that, I really don't give a shit. If you think I am that man, good on you, it isn't, but I'm happy for you to continue to think that way, and I will continue to laugh at you.

It doesn't stop who you are.

PS - I had a look at this Chloe's account by the way, and she's right up your street; A foreigner who is paid by dubious sources, and is interfering in UK politics, which you should hate, but given she's a white Christian, I am sure you're fine with ;) 

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
23 minutes ago, highYield said:

I'm a lifelong LIb Dem voter converted to a Brexit anarchist by NIck Clegg. The useless barsteward proved it's never worth voting for them again - I never will.

I voted Lib Dem (solely for PR) for almost a quarter of a decade. When the Lib Dems failed to deliver on their long promise of a hung parliament resulting in a vote for PR, there was no other vote for change left.

edit: apart from - possibly - the Brexit enabled Corbyn. He's our only chance at a LVT after the Lib Dem epic fail.

2nd edit: what pisses me off is the 'oh no, America will gobble up the NHS - of corse they'll try, that's how British invented capitalism works (please ask if anyone would like me to expound). Let any UK political party try - without the shelter of all those EU politicians & apparatchiks to shelter behind, they may well become unelectable for generations for anyone who becomes ill - or is related to poorly people.

Viva la revolution!

HOLA4414
Just now, GrizzlyDave said:

Literally, as I have said before, the only reasonable backing to a Brexit vote.  If you're properly insured, fiscally, for the results, it could be great, and a few folk could walk into houses mortgage free.  I do, if it goes properly tits up, expect a good 30-40% off prices.  I can't see the government being able to help out anymore.  I almost wilted and bought a new house the other day, a help to buy, given I think there will be a debt jubilee moving forwards, and I have none.  I think it might make sense.

I know some of you lads like your gins.

This one tops them all.

tanqueray-no10.jpg

It's good, but I get a new gin every month and the French one, made from Grapes, is amazing (Osmoz Citrus), possibly the best I have tasted.  Mainstream, I'll probably go for a GinMare with Olives and Rosemary with a Mediterranean fever tree.  Pretty much my stock.  This is very good though. I had their export strength the other day, but it's just a little overbearing, too strong, for me.

Edited by HairyOb1

HOLA4415
29 minutes ago, highYield said:

I voted Lib Dem (solely for PR) for almost a quarter of a decade edit: century! When the Lib Dems failed to deliver on their long promise of a hung parliament resulting in a vote for PR, there was no other vote for change left.

We need to make UK politicians (solely) responsible for what happens in UK politics. Doing otherwise has been an epic fail.

Well there was that pathetic AV vote to appease them.  It was however, a stitch up by the Tories & Labour in order to keep the status quo.  I have been traditionally a Lib Dem voter, but I can't currently vote for them, as the last LD constituency MP ripped off their expenses (although we were left with a village idiot Tory MP instead), then they went down the stop Brexit route...

Edited by Dave Beans

HOLA4416
3 hours ago, ccc said:

:D

Busted hairy boy. Utterly busted. 

A misogynist woman abusing loser. And don't worry about deleting your Twitter account. I have a screenshot.

Utterly busted. :lol:

Well unlike you paddy, I have a life ;)

Busted? So what's this acronym then paddy.  Just got back, taking a cup of tea so have some time for you to find it.

Go on, lets have a look at this unique acronym then.

HOLA4417
3 minutes ago, HairyOb1 said:

It's good, but I get a new gin every month and the French one, made from Grapes, is amazing (Osmoz Citrus), possibly the best I have tasted.  Mainstream, I'll probably go for a GinMare with Olives and Rosemary with a Mediterranean fever tree.  Pretty much my stock.  This is very good though. I had their export strength the other day, but it's just a little overbearing, too strong, for me.

I struggle with the fancy flavoured tonics. Fever tree original is excellent but the rest - for me - are a distraction.

What I especially can’t abode is spiced gins. This one is utter vomit;

ophir_2.jpg

As for the export strength - I like it - but it’s not as sophisticated as No 10.

HOLA4418
6 hours ago, inbruges said:

Well technically No because it has not happened yet just like I might not be technically having my birthday on the 19 December because it has not arrived yet

No, this is where, yet again, you run out of intellect.  Your birthday is an absolute.  Even if you died tomorrow, your birthday is an absolute.

March 2019 isn't, it's a target.

I am sure you can dig deep, think for once, and work that out.

HOLA4419
Just now, Dave Beans said:

Well there was that pathetic AV vote to appease them.  It was however, a stitch up by the Tories & Labour in order to keep the status quo.  I have been traditionally a Lib Dem voter, but I can't currently vote for them, as the last LD constituency MP ripped off their expenses (although we were left with a village idiot Tory MP instead), then they went down the stop Brexit route...

It let me down massively; the LibDems should have realised their strength and fought for it, as it was their one chance,.  But yes, Clegg bottled it.

I struggle with the fancy flavoured tonics. Fever tree original is excellent but the rest - for me - are a distraction.

What I especially can’t abode is spiced gins. This one is utter vomit;

ophir_2.jpg

As for the export strength - I like it - but it’s not as sophisticated as No 10.

I know, I am more a kind of Gin, Tonic and a bit of Lime.  However, I am in a gin club, just to taste different things, and I was sent a "Valencian Orange" Tonic water.  Sceptical, at best, but it was utterly delicious, and I can't find it anywhere.

I don't mind Opihr once in a while; put a cardamon pod or two, a star anise and bit of chilli and it's nice, from time to time.

HOLA4420
6 minutes ago, Dave Beans said:

Labour weren't involved AFAIK. The Westminster schoolboy was outfoxed by the Etonian into somehow failing to deliver on his/their core mandate over decades.

Remainers claim that we could just rejoin. Some even advocate a hard Brexit because they guess that'll end up in us doing so. I've always enjoyed the phrase 'as mad as a box of frogs' - but if they're right, what do we have to lose (apart for the increasingly diminished rebate, and a veto for our government over some small aspects - N.B. a government that we're (nearly) all agreed is awful).

HOLA4421
52 minutes ago, GrizzlyDave said:

I actually know quite a few local "high profile" people, who are like this, literally in one case, banking it all on an elderly parent passing away to save them; month to month, living like Lords, but one pay cheque from disaster.  I don't hate them, I don't dislike them, I just marvel they can live like that.  Even as a contractor, I had a 2 year war chest that I never dipped into, and always wanted.  Maybe that's the different mentality contractors have?  I don't know.  I couldn't sleep if I knew I was, literally, a redundancy notice away from it all being taken from me.

HOLA4422
9 minutes ago, HairyOb1 said:

It let me down massively; the LibDems should have realised their strength and fought for it, as it was their one chance,.  But yes, Clegg bottled it.

I know, I am more a kind of Gin, Tonic and a bit of Lime.  However, I am in a gin club, just to taste different things, and I was sent a "Valencian Orange" Tonic water.  Sceptical, at best, but it was utterly delicious, and I can't find it anywhere.

I don't mind Opihr once in a while; put a cardamon pod or two, a star anise and bit of chilli and it's nice, from time to time.

Fentimans Valencian Orange Tonic Water 500ml https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/shop/ProductDisplay?storeId=10151&productId=1213680&urlRequestType=Base&langId=44&catalogId=10123

Edited by GrizzlyDave

HOLA4423
3 minutes ago, highYield said:

Labour weren't involved AFAIK. The Westminster schoolboy was outfoxed by the Etonian into somehow failing to deliver on his/their core mandate over decades.

Remainers claim that we could just rejoin. Some even advocate a hard Brexit because they guess that'll end up in us doing so. I've always enjoyed the phrase 'as mad as a box of frogs' - but if they're right, what do we have to lose (apart for the increasingly diminished rebate, and a veto for our government over some small aspects - N.B. a government that we're (nearly) all agreed is awful).

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2010/nov/05/labour-will-not-campign-alternative-vote

They couldn't be bothered with it..especially as more that half of Labour voters wanted to keep FPTP (at the time)..

HOLA4424

Hahaha, really?  I'd embarrass myself by telling you I don't do the shopping, and my wife probably doesn't shop at Sainsbury's, but I must buy this stuff.  Thanks for the link.  It literally, with any gin, is amazing, really refreshing!

Edit: that's actually a good, good price relatively to fever tree too.  I'll check it's the same one, but yes, thanks.

Edited by HairyOb1

HOLA4425