• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

https://yougov.co.uk/news/2016/03/24/eu-referendum-provincial-england-versus-london-and/ is worth a read. From my blinkered midlands centric view of the UK, I cannot understand why Scotland, Wales and N.I. are quite strongly in favour of EU membership ?

It's pretty simple. The money our government would have spent has been given over to the EU only to be spent by the EU in the smaller countries. It's our money but it looks like it comes from the EU. Complete with flags, banners and advertisements.

Imagine your landlord taking half of your wages in rent and then giving your wife half of that. How long will it be before she leaves you for the landlord?

She might moan that you never have any money and that you don't love her. Meanwhile the landlord just showers her with money and attention and asks for nothing. Well that's because it's cost him nothing.

HOLA446

https://yougov.co.uk/news/2016/03/24/eu-referendum-provincial-england-versus-london-and/ is worth a read. From my blinkered midlands centric view of the UK, I cannot understand why Scotland, Wales and N.I. are quite strongly in favour of EU membership ?

Well in my part of Wales S/E and its only anecdotal but i have yet to speak to anyone that's in favour of staying

I`m very sceptical of polls these days i`m guessing here and would be interested if anyone has a definitive answer/or correct me on the following

Traditionally yougov polls were done via phone (landline /random numbers from the phone book ?) are they still done this way? i have been asked/polled years ago via my home phone by yougov ,and this is where my scepticism lay, out of everyone i know there's probably less than half a dozen people that have a landline phone in use and these are all bar one ,elderly relatives and most of them don`t answer any calls if they don`t recognise the number or if it`s withheld (pi$sed of with cold calling snake oil salesmen) ,the rest have land lines but use it for internet connection only, any communication by phone is done via a mobile

Are yougov using mobile numbers /email now as well as the traditional land line ? if not i think their data could be from a very narrow band of the population

Edited by long time lurking

HOLA447

Surprisingly little in the media about the out vote lead in recent polls, well you wouldn't really expect anything else from the Ministry of information at the BBC for one with its mainly first and second generation immigrant workforce. But as shown from the Scottish referendum the more fanatical vote is likely to be the out and therefore a more reliable turnout. The US has been pouring over the stats, even if we have a news blackout here, and the point is made here re. the reliability of the remain turnout..........

http://www.nasdaq.com/article/exclusive-brexit-poll-update-do-the-math-cm617893

Edited by crashmonitor

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
  • 4 weeks later...
HOLA4411