House Price Crash Forum

Brexit Referendum Poll - In Or Out?

warpig

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/syed-kamall-mep-leave-eu-david-cameron-renegotiation-a6925241.html

So the man cameron appoints to represent the tory party in the Europarl, the man who has to deal with the Eurocrats on a daily basis, comes out in favour of leaving :lol:

Yes, that doesnt make Camerons position of no Brexit at any price seem a tad bonkers.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's about EVERYTHING we can't do because the EU have a noose around our neck. It's about making our OWN decisions on EVERYTHING and YES that will include benefit tourists.

You're obviously a grumpy Scot who voted OUT on the Scottish referendum and didn't get their own way, so the next best alternative is to make sure no one else does. How magnanimous of you.

So it IS about immigration? So what was all that previous flannel about?

So, tell me, which UK political party do you trust to reduce immigration?

Edited by warpig

It's about EVERYTHING we can't do because the EU have a noose around our neck. It's about making our OWN decisions on EVERYTHING and YES that will include benefit tourists.

You're obviously a grumpy Scot who voted OUT on the Scottish referendum and didn't get their own way, so the next best alternative is to make sure no one else does. How magnanimous of you.

Well thank you for that. Can I reciprocate, and suggest that you're obviously an Englishman who is so used to being reamed, you can't even feel it now?

No no, don't thank me :lol:

braveheartEU_zps3pfd4an5.jpg

Straight from the horse's mouth...

A disaster zone that's dominated by the Germans: Ex-Bank chief King's verdict on euro project

Lord King, who steered the Bank through the 2008 financial crisis, refused to take sides in the referendum debate. But he said the launch of the euro had been an unmitigated disaster. 'The attempt to create a monetary union has been damaging economically, and it has been damaging politically,' he said. 'There are no good ways out of it. It's only a question of the least bad way'.

'We've always been a global trading power and we will continue to be'.

King concedes that being part of the EU trading bloc may have been helpful in the post-World War II era when there were high tariffs imposed on international trade and little co-ordination of commerce around the world. But he doesn’t seem to doubt that Britain will continue to be a global commercial power whatever happens in the referendum.

‘The problem in the euro area is that there is absolutely no agreement as to who should put up the money required to recapitalise the banks and the problems inherited from the past,’ he says.

‘People in Germany don’t want to pay towards Greek, Spanish, Portuguese banks. I am sure people in Spain don’t want to pay for German banks.’

‘I don’t think [the Europeans] have found a way through.’ Everything he says reaffirms why we were right not to become part of the Euro. It shows, too, why we should resist ‘ever-closer union’. Indeed his comments could provide ballast for the Leave campaign.

Outers using Mervyn King to suppoert Brexit, talk about desperation.

One thing is probably true. House prices in the UK would have been lower in the UK than they are now had the UK joined the Euro. Look what happened in Ireland.

That`s a given look at Greece 50% + youth unemployment same for most of the southern states

All the economic armageddon arguments being used today buy the stay camp were used by the join the Euro camp back then none of it came to fruition...remove house prices out of the equation and we are far far better off now because we did not join the single currency

Who benefited from all the bailout money that was forced upon the PIGS ? when every one of the countries would have been far better off defaulting and starting a fresh

All these countries economies have been sacrificed to save the German banking system , the ECB stepped in a few weeks ago to save it again ,yet they stamped the PIGS into the ground .......your idea of utopia

Have the EU been negotiating with turkey of late ,no Merkel has and you can`t see a theme developing

Edited by long time lurking

Well to play devil's advocate he did steer us into the banking crisis ,but yes he`s right about the EU being run for the benefit of Germany that has been blatantly obvious for over a decade

‘The problem in the euro area is that there is absolutely no agreement as to who should put up the money required to recapitalise the banks and the problems inherited from the past,’ he says.

‘People in Germany don’t want to pay towards Greek, Spanish, Portuguese banks. I am sure people in Spain don’t want to pay for German banks.’

But they were forced to which will cost them dearly for generations to come

Edited by long time lurking

I am absolutely certain that it wasn't his decision. A central banker would never agree to the folly that transpired in 2007/8/9.

Well to play devil's advocate he did steer us into the banking crisis ,but yes he`s right about the EU being run for the benefit of Germany that has been blatantly obvious for over a decade

But they were forced to which will cost them dearly for generations to come

I can't believe there's 25 people who think being in the EU is a good idea. I wonder what their angle is...

Interesting correlation with the poll over at the army rumour service.

On a poll sampling of around 360 currently 75% are for out 9.2% in.....Which is close to the out numbers here.....

http://www.arrse.co.uk/community/threads/combined-eu-referendum-thread.251679/

Must admit though the 'remainders' as they have come to be known put up a far more spirited debate than they do here.

There are many parties that are pro independence. If the SNP won't deliver, others will.

Nicola will have your head put on a spike outside Edinburgh castle for talk like that....

Like it or lump it the SNP is the only independence game in town currently.... I can't see how that will change in the short to medium term. It remains to be seen if they have shackled themselves with the 'once in a generation' statement and the result of the UK Euro Ref will have a lot to play in that....

Thanks for the link and good to see we're not alone!

Interesting correlation with the poll over at the army rumour service.

On a poll sampling of around 360 currently 75% are for out 9.2% in.....Which is close to the out numbers here.....

http://www.arrse.co.uk/community/threads/combined-eu-referendum-thread.251679/

Must admit though the 'remainders' as they have come to be known put up a far more spirited debate than they do here.

Of course you are not alone. The Daily Express and the EDL will no doubt produce similar poll results.

I can understand a bit of bias on the rumour service as most there will have taken the shilling and will have allegiance to the UK as a sovereign nation....

But here?

Have just conducted a very quick straw poll using referendum + forums as a google search term.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?p=81538889

62% out 28% in

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18715436

55% out 44% in

https://community.tes.com/threads/referendum-poll.733340/ <<something to do with teaching I think.

49% in 40% out

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/topic/104463-eu-referendum-opinion-poll/ Leicester City supporters.

42% Out 36% in.....