House Price Crash Forum

Miserable Killjoys Are Already At It..

libspero

HOLA441
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

Do dogs curl one out every time lightning strikes?

My Staffie didn't. Whenever there was thunder she was manic to get outside and attack whatever was making the noise.

I'm off to Sefton Park tomorrow night with the gandkids. The council do a decent 20 minute display every year. Bringing your own is banned but a blind eye gets turned to the guys selling sparklers, the little ones love 'em.

Cool part of the Sefton Park display is the high rises close by. The fireworks are reflected in the windows and the sound echoes back. Makes it on the surreal side.

HOLA443

A serious point actually. You don't hear people moaning about the noise of lightning in the same way. Nor the loud sound of rain on the window pane or the howling wind. They might comment on it but it lacks anger as such. Because it doesn't involve 'OTHER PEOPLE'.

Well, yes. One happens naturally, that's part of the world, the other is people deliberately doing something. I don't complain if some snow falls off a tree on to me, I would if some random **** threw a snowball at me.

HOLA444

Laws on fireworks seem quite tight nowadays.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fireworks_law_in_the_United_Kingdom

When I was a kid gangs of youths used to roam the streets chucking them at each other. There was also the thing where you arranged a circle of airbombs round one of your mates houses all to go off at once. I was never involved in that of course.

The two mortar deaths were very sad and imo something needed to be done and was done.

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

Laws on fireworks seem quite tight nowadays.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fireworks_law_in_the_United_Kingdom

When I was a kid gangs of youths used to roam the streets chucking them at each other. There was also the thing where you arranged a circle of airbombs round one of your mates houses all to go off at once. I was never involved in that of course.

The two mortar deaths were very sad and imo something needed to be done and was done.

I remember the mortar deaths wasn't one of them a wealthy city trader who went to light a chinese mortar in the grounds of his mansion?

It appears there was a bit of a firework "arms race" in kent that year.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

Tesco put the xmas tree up here yesterday.....

Let the fun begin.

It's not fun and I don't like it! Christmas does not last 3 months!

Archived