House Price Crash Forum

It Looks Like A Proper Crazy Asking Price Bubble Outside London Now...

HOLA441

I don't think there is a myopic attitude currently, but its a slippery slope when someone says they don't want anyone on the forum who isn't bearish. And I wasn't attributing the data or reasoning statement to ExeC - there wasnt any there, just moaning they had been brainwashed by the forum previously, which is pathetic on their part. To them - Own your own decisions. But I welcome proper debate here whenever it is there.

And i am a massive bear :-)

Yes; that part of the response also troubled me. And HPC was right at the time.

It was policy response which prevented the real HPC outcome just a few years ahead.

That, the 'financially benefited me immensely' part from someone who was on below average wage anyway in 2005, where HPI prevents upsizing for families.

And this.

I just find a lot of the stuff written now is rehashed from 2005 and I feel a lot of it will mean nothing like it did back then.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

Yes; that part of the response also troubled me. And HPC was right at the time.

It was policy response which prevented the real HPC outcome just a few years ahead.

That, the 'financially benefited me immensely' part from someone who was on below average wage anyway in 2005, where HPI prevents upsizing for families.

And this.

Oh i agree on all parts. It was a ******** post that deserves ripping to pieces.

HOLA443
HOLA444

Indeed

If you have a tendency to be brainwashed by internet forums, it is best to stay away from them

I can understand why ExeC 'feels that a lot of it will mean nothing like it did back then' and I can't offer him the comfort of being able to say that it will mean something this time.

If he is looking for a guaranteed answer to the question of what will happen to house prices over the next X period, he is going to be very disappointed when his search ends and he hasn't found it.

HOLA445

Time for a Victim Dance

[The Cult - She Sells Sanctuary]

Aye. Just that asking price for that sanctuary is way too high, and others bubble-heads been falling and pushing over each other to pay if, time and again, year after year.

Don't expect me to pay a fortune-fortune for it. :)

At least the 118ers are doing the victim dance with 'unfairness' at the moment. Totally astonished at what Gov is readying them for. :)

HOLA446

come back in 20000 posts

I suggest you see the bigger picture and think about that you say.

I've left the UK because it's so awful, posts like yours remind me why.

Wow. 20000 posts? i'm impressed. You must be some sort of genius.

I joined this forum in 2005. I was renting, but thinking of buying, & wanted to hear as many views as possible on the wisdom of such an action (although I never actually looked at the opposition - Singing Pig was it?).

It was the days of many graphs, Dr. Bubb & confident predictions of imminent price falls of 30% - 90% (yes, 90%) falls in house prices. History has confounded the accuracy of these predictions.

I come here to glean as much information as possible, usually active when I have an interest in the housing market, & contribute bits & pieces of my experiences wherever possible. I believe the housing market to be as mad as does anyone on here & I firmly believe it will all end in tears. I just don't know when.

I DO NOT LIE & I DO NOT TROLL.

So jog on, EDITED BY MODERATOR - NO NEED FOR INSULTS.

HOLA447

What would you define as the right reasons ?

Im not here to defend anything which I have done, I lurk mainly out of curiosity and also like to keep an open mind.

I was a bear between 2003 and 2005 and listened to what a lot of the bears had to say and was pretty brainwashed by it all, I ended up not buying at the time when it would have financially benefited me immensely by now.

I just find a lot of the stuff written now is rehashed from 2005 and I feel a lot of it will mean nothing like it did back then.

2 words

Gordon Brown

HOLA448
HOLA449