House Price Crash Forum

Denethor, Steward Of Gondor

MrPin

HOLA441

I've just troughed through the entire Lord of The Rings. When I woke up this morning, I looked like Denethor, Steward of Gondor. Has anyone else here woken up looking like a LoTR character. Obviously for any Arwens or Eowyns out there, give me your phone number. :blink:

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

... the problems start when they they stay in character ...

Bit of a small Gandalf! Maybe I have no connections with Yorkshire after all

HOLA447

I've just troughed through the entire Lord of The Rings. When I woke up this morning, I looked like Denethor, Steward of Gondor. Has anyone else here woken up looking like a LoTR character. Obviously for any Arwens or Eowyns out there, give me your phone number. :blink:

Is this a euphemism to say that you have scoffed your way through a family size bag of onion ring crisps, or that you've eaten a whole bag of frozen supermarket home brand onion rings?

I would suggest strictly fruit and veg today!

HOLA448
HOLA449

I walk like an ent when I first wake up, slow and awkward.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

I do that every couple of years, there are bits in it you miss when chasing the action. His nature writing is excellent and the lands around Bree are a good imagining of a 5th century Britain.

Probably Borodin as I haven't shaved today.

Tom Bombadil for me. Continuously spouting gibberish but sometimes maintaining rhyme.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

I do that every couple of years, there are bits in it you miss when chasing the action. His nature writing is excellent and the lands around Bree are a good imagining of a 5th century Britain.

Probably Borodin as I haven't shaved today.

Borodin? Loved his Prince Igor!

I always thought I was a miserable version of Tom Bombadil.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Borodin? Loved his Prince Igor!

I always thought I was a miserable version of Tom Bombadil.

The character that never made it into the film. :blink:

HOLA4417

Ha ha. Yes, I meant Boromir. Well done on being the first to pick it up.

It's OK to be like Sean Bean, Frank. I'm more like the other Mr Bean. :wacko:

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422

Do the whole lot. 3 Hobbit then 3 LOTR. You'd look like Gollum at the end.... :o

Oh sh!t! I have a friend that looks like Gollum.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

With regards to Tom Bombadil. I read this expose/blog post on this particular character. And basically it was saying Tom Bombadil isn't just this fruity dude in the forest, but is rather the most evilest thing or somesuch. Like a really powerful creature.

Quite interesting:

http://km-515.livejournal.com/1042.html

"What do we know about Tom Bombadil? He is fat and jolly and smiles all the time. He is friendly and gregarious and always ready to help travellers in distress.

Except that none of that can possibly be true."

HOLA4425

Archived