House Price Crash Forum

Just Had A Gluten Relapse

The Masked Tulip

HOLA441

Just made the mistake of picking up two packs of sarnies reduced in my local Sainsbury Local and a custard cream slice - I am going to regret eating the gluten.

Probably a mixture of airway gunk and subsequent constriction, feeling bloated and spots in the coming days. Idiot me.

It is interesting being gluten free as, when relapses lilke this happen, I feel so yuck and guilty after eating the stuff. I know I am going to feel this way but sometimes the opportunity arises along with a desire to eat the stuff.

Rant over.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

You've just eaten two packs of sandwiches AND a custard slice?

I am a bit depressed. I had a big asthma attack, and subsequent panic attack, in Sainsburys yesterday. Not had one of them in a long time. My left airway have been gunked up for the past 1o to 14 days.

I am feeling knackered today and couldn't face cooking something so went in search of something cheap and.... I think I am fed up that I do the whole avoiding wheat thing but then I still get the airway problem... keep thinking that the no wheat thing would clear that up.

Ranting again.

HOLA445

Yes, the search for something cheap and quick when under pressure is not good.

I had three cheap meat pies and three cheap pasties last week. Not the best meals and they qualify as comfort food only until all the fat in the pastry starts giving you mild stomach ache.

HOLA446

Yes, the search for something cheap and quick when under pressure is not good.

I had three cheap meat pies and three cheap pasties last week. Not the best meals and they qualify as comfort food only until all the fat in the pastry starts giving you mild stomach ache.

I am expecting the stomach ache and/or glue ear by tomorrow morning. Sorry, I am feeling sorry for myself at the moment. One of those weekends.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

I don't keep alcohol in the house - mainly because I am a tight wad. I might go out down the offi and buy myself a bottle of Gower Gold.

Phone a friend for a rant or preferably invite yourself round to a friends house for a spot of supper. Real contact with real people. Not advisable to be by yourself if your in the middle of a depression.

HOLA4410

Phone a friend for a rant or preferably invite yourself round to a friends house for a spot of supper. Real contact with real people. Not advisable to be by yourself if your in the

middle of a depression.

Thanks - actually that is pat of the problem.

I am fortunate to have a small group of very good friends but most of them are couples. Something that I have twigged in recent years in not being in a couple is that you do not truly have access to the girlie network.

I will give you an example. I regularly get my female friends texting me or messaging me that the husband/partner of one of my other female friends has got a bad back... or a cold... or twisted their ankle... or something. Likewise, my other female friends do the same. Not having my own female partner means that I have no female to tell the other females if I am feeling down, unwell or was ambushed by a gang of al qaeda - do you understand what I mean?

A good example was several weeks back when I had to go and have some tests done. I didn't tell anyone because, well, I don't have anyone to tell. So I end up on a Saturday morning having a cuppa with friends in a cafe being told that such and such husband has the flu.... and

veryone was going on about how sorry they felt for him... and I was sat there thinking what I had gone through, that I had gone through it by myself and that I had not told anyone.

Yes, I probably should have told them... but you don't as a bloke do you. It is why I started this thread - I had that asthma / panic attack in Sainsbury yesterday... and not a single fecker stopped to ask if I was OK or help. I managed to get home and crashed out... and now have ended up eating wheat... I think I am trying to commit suicide via gluten :lol:

Women do have their uses - the girlie network is one of them.

Rant over.

HOLA4411

Interesting timing. I've been reading just this evening about the health effects of a range of emotional deprivations / issues. The one that really struck a chord was the one about feeling like you have to do it all on your own, that there's nobody who can help you, except yourself.

Best thing I can say is get out in the countryside for a walk. Avoid technology for a few hours, get out and feel nature. Look closely and you'll see the signs of summer turning to autumn. It's beautiful. Works for me every time.

HOLA4412

I am fortunate to have a small group of very good friends but most of them are couples. Something that I have twigged in recent years in not being in a couple is that you do not truly have access to the girlie network.

I will give you an example. I regularly get my female friends texting me or messaging me that the husband/partner of one of my other female friends has got a bad back... or a cold... or twisted their ankle... or something. Likewise, my other female friends do the same. Not having my own female partner means that I have no female to tell the other females if I am feeling down, unwell or was ambushed by a gang of al qaeda - do you understand what I mean?

A good example was several weeks back when I had to go and have some tests done. I didn't tell anyone because, well, I don't have anyone to tell. So I end up on a Saturday morning having a cuppa with friends in a cafe being told that such and such husband has the flu.... and

veryone was going on about how sorry they felt for him... and I was sat there thinking what I had gone through, that I had gone through it by myself and that I had not told anyone.

Yes, I probably should have told them... but you don't as a bloke do you. It is why I started this thread - I had that asthma / panic attack in Sainsbury yesterday... and not a single fecker stopped to ask if I was OK or help. I managed to get home and crashed out... and now have ended up eating wheat... I think I am trying to commit suicide via gluten :lol:

Women do have their uses - the girlie network is one of them.

Rant over.

Don't you have someone you can have phone/cyber sex with? It always works for me.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Well I understand that most people don't react well when you tell them you're suffering from depression, with the possible exception of those who have suffered from it themselves.

You mention having a lot of female friends, I hope you have some bloke friends too. I get on with the women I work with but I know that if you get a bunch of women together you sometimes get a lot of 'ant it awful' type conversation, which isn't much help if your depressed.

HOLA4416

Yep, that is it. It is hard to stand alone when you need someone beside you. (John Denver)

Yep, it's hard, miserable, and lonely. And I speak as someone who is known for not "needing" any social interaction. Oh, the irony.

So no BS "chin up" stuff, just that I get what you're feeling. It's shit, hope you get back on your feet soon.

HOLA4417

Oh and when your in the depths of it all like this, it sometimes helps to adopt the 'this too shall pass' attitude - hopefully there's been a time recently where you felt much better than you did now - if you can think about that time then hopefully it'll help that feeling that things will never improve.

Hope you get better soon.

HOLA4418

I find if I get the groceries on an empty stomach, I am tempted by these snacks. The Turkish kebab shop doesn't open until 15:00, and that's much better.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

Yes, I probably should have told them... but you don't as a bloke do you.

Rant over.

I sympathise TMT

My isolation hit home when I'd broken 3 ribs and punctured my lung.

I thought "table for one" as I enter a restaurant on holiday was crushing, but telling the a&e receptionist "no next of kin" wasn't a good feeling

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Best thing I can say is get out in the countryside for a walk. Avoid technology for a few hours, get out and feel nature. Look closely and you'll see the signs of summer turning to autumn. It's beautiful. Works for me every time.

+1

Did this on Saturday, so glad I did. Two hours, it's free, saw some deer, so peaceful and beautiful.

Archived