House Price Crash Forum

Five Guys

SNACR

HOLA441
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

They are opening one in Mumbles. People are excited because they think they are getting a posh burger restaurant. Methinks it is just a better marketed MacDs though?

It's superior to Mcdonalds/Burger King which I would only normally consider as a least worst crisis option.

Not sure about the HPC off topic claim of cheaper/better to make your own - possibly for a family economics may stack up better - mine cost

Mixed leaf salad £1

Burger buns £1.04

Hereford Beef Burgers r/d onion £4.29

Hellmans real mayo £1.70

Tomato relish £1.50

Castello Blue cheese slices £2

Air dried smoked streaky £3.89

Total cost £15.42 with no drink or fries and was pretty tasty but not sure was as tasty. Then there's labour/gas/electricity so really not sure there's much in it.

HOLA443

This thread reminded me of something.....I shall call it a gimmick....I nearly fell over laughing when a friend of mine mentioned she went out with a few friends and the cocktail they ordered at great expense was served up in a jam jar....a jam jar....the highlight of this expensive experience was when the bar man screwed the top open and it popped like if opening a new pot of jam........what will they think of next....and we buy it.....I give up. ;)

They're called Mason jars - and it is/was a hipster thing.

HOLA444

This thread reminded me of something.....I shall call it a gimmick....I nearly fell over laughing when a friend of mine mentioned she went out with a few friends and the cocktail they ordered at great expense was served up in a jam jar....a jam jar....the highlight of this expensive experience was when the bar man screwed the top open and it popped like if opening a new pot of jam........what will they think of next....and we buy it.....I give up. ;)

I think cocktails should be served in an elaborate glass on a stalk, with an umbrella in it, except in Newcastle of course. :blink:

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

Incorrect I am afraid ^

I used to think that - until I experienced Twin Peaks. Different level of burdage.

Both have great wings to be fair as well. Twin Peaks beers - in the places I went - were also ice cold compared to Hooters.

HOLA4410

Incorrect I am afraid ^

I used to think that - until I experienced Twin Peaks. Different level of burdage.

Both have great wings to be fair as well. Twin Peaks beers - in the places I went - were also ice cold compared to Hooters.

Mmmm - I feel a research trip on the horizon.

And I guess Twin Peaks has just had a website 'spike' from the UK!

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Incorrect I am afraid ^ I used to think that - until I experienced Twin Peaks. Different level of burdage. Both have great wings to be fair as well. Twin Peaks beers - in the places I went - were also ice cold compared to Hooters.

TBH, I'm not keen on any of those places and, I would say, Tilted Kilt is one of the worst examples. Just don't see the appeal of trashy women, plastered in make-up, with fake t1ts serving up food. I always imagine you're lucky not to get a fake nail or eyelash in the food.

Archived