House Price Crash Forum

Btl Scum Regrouping And On The Offensive. -- Merged

HOLA441
2 hours ago, CunningPlan said:

Venger - I hope that you are correct but worry that you may not be.

It is a tidy theory that for every BTL property sold there is one less tenant but I don't believe that to be the case.

I don't think the buyers will come solely from the current renters. Rent is now at such a level that for most people, saving for a deposit is nigh on impossible. This will be particularly so for older renters with children.

The buyers that will have the deposit will be the savvy or lucky ones that have either rented significantly below their capabilities (i.e flat share HMO etc) or have remained living with parents or decided not to have children. There seems to be a lot of anecdotal evidence that this is a very large cohort.

So who are going to be the buyers?

Mangela B began selling last year and was amazed that it was all FTBs competing with each other.  Her and the EA remarked that they did not realise they are competing in a market with no BTLers (well none who have bought her properties).  Admittedly low inventory so far.

That leaves the landlords of the places they were renting having to find new tenants.   Perhaps not earning as much, or as well positioned, as the tenants who have moved out and bought from angela B, with some perhaps having to lower rents.   Well it's early days yet for that theory yet, but when it becomes more of a shift with BTLers selling.

Eh?  30s... renters with children being worse positioned?  I know many and they are positioned, but want a big fall in values before being willing to proceeds.  Values are found at the margin?  Deposit and already paying the rent, so can afford the mortgage, especially when value slide.   Better positioned to buy than young 20s singletons/couples just coming through who have not had time to save any deposit.  Obviously there are going to be some older renters with children with no deposit, although longtermrenter has £50K saved which he doesn't feel is much of a deposit against these prices.. and it sort of isn't against these prices (he has 3 kids I believe), and seemingly not so optimistic about HPC, as he still hopes to buy in today's market... but that could change, where his £50K goes much further down Kent way, as BTLers bail. 

So who are going to be the buyers?

Other BTLers?  

Into tighter LTV lending (what is it now.. 140%?), SDLT surcharge, Section24, licensing, new upper range fine hikes, slight tilt in change for tenants to get BTLers to repair things preventing S21s) and everything else coming along, including a sentiment change shift risk as S24 bites and any HPC ahead?

Even Mark118 put it this way days after Section 24 announced in 2015, with eye on Section 24 future.... which begins in a few days at the lower-level (ratcheting tighter in years ahead), but tax returns due later, to many unsuspecting property investors.

Of course one unknown is just how many BTLers will want/need to sell up, against the current position of renters, as to extent of any softening in prices or HPC.

OK, so now we are all pretty clear on what the implications are, what next?

I am in the process of remortgaging several of my properties to 85% fixed for 5 years but now I must re-think this.

Should I sell up? Maybe, but the CGT is horrendous!

Maybe I should remortgage to the max and wait for distressed sellers? I’m sure there will be plenty of these and the LPA receivers may well get very busy come 2017 and they won’t be wanting to hold highly leveraged assets that are losing money but still incurring tax liabilities for too long! Will we see early 90’s style fire sale opportunities? If so, cash will be king!

Will lenders change their notional rates to reflect the new cashflow issues? If they do borrowing will get tougher, and as we know, this drives property values down too.

Will mortgage brokers see another crash in applications?

Will BTL purchases in progress be aborted? If so this will hit estate agents and developers.

Will developers be able to continue to build if they lose the BTL off plan speculators which they are so reliant upon to get funding these days?

On balance, I think all those who have huge amounts of cash or the ability to raise it quickly are in for some rich pickings, leaving the rest with major difficulties to endure.

Maybe I will refinance at high gearing and a long term fixed after all?

What are your thoughts?

https://www.property118.com/budget-2015-landlords-reactions/76164/comment-page-7/#comment-57773

A BTLer multi-property section-24 shocked landlord says:

It is sad to see that some members of society are aggressively demanding that they have an entitlement to home ownership by displacing those who are not in a position to take on a mortgage. I dont think enough people have thought through the consequences of putting landlords out of business and tenants onto the streets just so that more people can be homeowners.

On 2/8/2016 at 6:08 PM, Neverwhere said:

That is either incredibly stupid or incredibly manipulative. Where are these new homeowners going to come from if not from the stock of current renters? Where are all these magically unhoused well off first time buyers going to appear from, out of thin air?

The stock of properties will not change as a result of these measures. The total number of people needing to inhabit them will not change as a result of these measures. (It might actually go down a tiny fraction, accounting for tax exiled landlords looking to sell up CGT free!)

Noone is being displaced onto the streets because there is no magic group of currently unhoused well off buyers just waiting to pop into existence to save all the leveraged landlords who find that their own poor financial planning leaves them needing to exit.

A notionally multi-millionaire, multi-multi-property, highly leveraged landlord who claims to be going into tax exile to avoid paying his fair share of taxes on the capital gains he had already made before these changes were even announced implying that younger working people who simply want to own a single home of their own, in which to raise their families free of the insecurity of tenure rampant in the private rental sector, aggressive and entitled does basically prove the thread title once again though.

On 2/8/2016 at 6:15 PM, Neverwhere said:

Every single tenant who funds their rent out of their own wages. This is what BTL landlords can't bring themselves to acknowledge. All of their working private tenants can obviously service mortgages because they are currently servicing theirs.

On 2/8/2016 at 6:23 PM, Exiled Canadian said:

What's more scary is that if they put their tenants income through the MMR formula, and add (say) 5% for a deposit they'll see exactly how much their BTL property is now worth (as a maximum) in the new world.

On 2/8/2016 at 6:26 PM, Bland Unsight said:

...Now, if my landlord tried to put my rent up by 10% in an environment where CPI was 0% and AWE were inflating at about 1% to 2% I would move on, no doubt. Similarly, this is only a problem for people operating at maximum allowed leverage. There will be plenty of them but they will not by any means dominate the PRS. These are the late entrant BTLers for whom BTL will be a money pit and a move they bitterly regret, (Class of 2005-2016 I'd guess).

As for renters not being able to afford it......

On 6/22/2015 at 2:43 PM, spunko2010 said:

Everyone here says the young are being ******ed over, which they are. But even if there is HPC of -50%, few young people will be able to buy on a zero hours contract - if they even have a job at all.

On 6/22/2015 at 8:04 PM, Bland Unsight said:

Then we'll have to have a 90% correction.

HOLA442
12 hours ago, Lavalas said:

I've just skimmed through the second part. Must be 50 pages long. If I didn't know he was a lunatic I'd say he was having a breakdown. A perfect illustration of the mug money that S24 needs to obliterate. 

It's 90 pages long. Imagine getting a 90 page letter from your landlord detailing how the politics in his crazed mind mean your rent is going up. I think I'd move out just to remove all chance of waking up one day with 'Tenant Tax' written in sh*t on the bedroom wall.

HOLA443
HOLA444
2 hours ago, CunningPlan said:

I don't disagree. I just think that the new FTB will be a very different animal (as you say, no Bomad, tighter criteria etc). I just fear that those waiting in the wings may be able to leapfrog the existing cohort who have been priced out for years. 

Of course there will also be a bunch of shirtless LL adding to the renter pool - and I guess they really will be nightmare tenants!

The details don't matter, which is good because they are far too complicated to reckon. 

The number of houses is essentially fixed (it is growing in line with population). If landlords sell, houses will switch from tenanted to owner occupation, and owner occupation will increase. Meanwhile, having the marginal buyer switch to a marginal seller will decrease prices. 

Obviously it isn't as simple, in reality, as landlords selling to their current tenants. Wealthier tenants will leave expensive rented accommodation and buy less expensive homes. That leaves vacant rented accommodation free for someone to move into.

The real chains will be long and complicated, but the details don't affect the overall outcome. 

Ultimately, landlords selling up will fix the problem because landlords buying in is the problem.  

HOLA445
HOLA446
3 hours ago, CunningPlan said:

I don't disagree. I just think that the new FTB will be a very different animal (as you say, no Bomad, tighter criteria etc). I just fear that those waiting in the wings may be able to leapfrog the existing cohort who have been priced out for years

So younger FTBs (with no Bomad) you think will on the whole leap-frog older renter-savers who have been priced out for years (renting with kids).

Of course that will be true for some older renters.   HPC doesn't work magic for those who have not positioned for it at all, with no saving done against years of HPI+ and renting, believing it nigh-on-impossible to even try.  To do without and try.  To limit ones rental home choices to lower end so can still save a bit each month.  

And even if some of your young leap-froggers do so... (from living rent-free with parents), it all comes out in the mix.  

There is no organised queue.   So even if a non-owner on younger side living at parents can leapfrog someone else into a HPC, doesn't mean that prices won't slide further, after they've bought.   

frederico recently told how he was quick to sell the property he confidently bought in 1987 after he twigged HPC was coming, selling a small loss, to some other buyers, who probably took on far more of the brunt of the HPC into 90s.   

If it's HPC, we're still going to have buyers buy on the way down, and see house price fall below what they paid.   HPC doesn't happen in one go, and we need buyers paying lower price, to bring down the wider market... in stages.

Each day on HPC alone we have HPCers who don't see prices falling... "Too much wealth in housing, and the PTB won't let it happen".  Market out there.  If they don't already own (some of the no-HPC HPCers may feel protective over HPI), maybe they'll be the first to rush in and buy at any 5% off current prices.

If it happens to me (values sliding substantially below than price I have paid) then so be it!!   All that matters to me is the price I pay.  

On 12/7/2015 at 8:23 PM, Digsby said:

No I don't care either what happens to prices after I buy, the only thing that matters is the price I buy at. But then, that's a commonality we often see among posters here vs the rest of them who can only envisage buying in a forever rising market, ignoring the obvious truth that nothing is forever.

--

All that matters from me is pressure is on more BTLers to sell, and that they are up against tighter conditions with what buyers can pay, where other BTLers drop out of the market because the math doesn't work (S24), and sentiment change with other BTLers who have doubled-down hard, getting financially hammered and facing bankruptcy.

I don't think the buyers will come solely from the current renters. Rent is now at such a level that for most people, saving for a deposit is nigh on impossible. This will be particularly so for older renters with children.

The buyers that will have the deposit will be the savvy or lucky ones that have either rented significantly below their capabilities (i.e flat share HMO etc) or have remained living with parents or decided not to have children. There seems to be a lot of anecdotal evidence that this is a very large cohort.

Longtermrenter with his recent  thread on petition to show banks can afford mortgages (at these price levels).  

In his 40s yet still has £50Kish saved..... (pretty certain I read he has 3 kids on another thread, but just found a post where he talks about his 2 kids).  £50K saved up into his 40s.  That isn't so much against these house prices in many an area.  At least he has it saved up, as a renter for so many years, with family.  His £50K could be worth a lot towards buying in any HPC.   

Needs HPC imo, rather than trying too hard to prove to banks can compete at these prices levels, to buy at these price levels.

On 3/20/2017 at 1:13 PM, Longtermrenter said:

Yes, I have the Android app, thanks for suggesting it though. It is a very good calculator. I don't want to outbid BTL - just would like to be able to get a small mortgage on houses i deem to be cheap enough. Lets hope for the HPC - I have about 50k saved, wont get me very far so would be nice to be able to get a mortgage if the crash comes but I'm guessing borrowing will be tighter still then. Will probably move abroad depending on Brexit outcome.

If he can still afford £800 - £1,300 a month into HPC, he should be sorted for a mortgage, at much lower buying prices, imo.

On 3/20/2017 at 11:21 AM, Longtermrenter said:

I don't make enough money. Our joint earnings are quite low. We are very frugal however, run second hand vehicles, I do all the maintenance. We cook from cheap ingredients, don't have extravagant holidays, meet the rent every month, Manage to save a bit every year. We could afford a mortgage of £800 a month with stress testing to 1300 a month which would allow for £150k borrowed at 10% over 25 years. No bank would give that to me, have tried brokers. Credit rating is ok although haven't had any loans for 18 years so they probably don't like that. What I am saying is, we could meet the repayments but we wouldn't get a mortgage on our earnings of that amount.

-----

Of course there will also be a bunch of shirtless LL adding to the renter pool - and I guess they really will be nightmare tenants!

:lol:

Edited by Venger

HOLA447

I am not arguing with you - rather trying to question a viewpoint.

HPC is a bit of an echo chamber of people that understand finance. It is not surprising that many here have a decent savings pot. Equally, we tend to associate with people like ourselves (I have pretty much excommuncated all my acquaintances as they are all BTL forever goons)

To understand the wider effects of what is happening we need to look further afield:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-37504449 

More than 16m people in the UK have savings of less than £100, a study by the Money Advice Service (MAS) has found. 

Even in the South East, 30% of people have less than £100 saved.

Paradoxically, that is the same number of renters in the South East. This does not, of course, prove a direct correlation.

' The region with the lowest proportion of renters was the South East at 31.3%.' (old link)

We can then look at the amount of savings people have on average

https://www.quora.com/What-are-the-average-savings-of-people-in-the-UK-in-the-25-30-age-group

I am not seeing a massive surge of 20-30 year olds with £50k saved up.

In which case, are we seeing that there are in fact far fewer marginal buyers than our own localised experience suggests?

As you say, BOMAD will be no more so deposits will be very hard to come by.  MMR and zero hours  / minimum wage contracts preclude a vast amount from any decent earnings multiple.

There could well be a lot more sellers than there is actual effective demand. In which case, to quote a certain American, 'It's goin' to be great folks. It's goin' to be great.'

HOLA448
57 minutes ago, CunningPlan said:

As you say, BOMAD will be no more so deposits will be very hard to come by.  MMR and zero hours  / minimum wage contracts preclude a vast amount from any decent earnings multiple.

Don't forget epic amounts of student debt

HOLA449
9 hours ago, Venger said:

With that type of thinking you should get into brilliance of BTL.   Tenants can always pay more eh, and houses being sold to OO means rents rise for others renters?

Shortage of rental property?    

That is not big concern for many of us on renting side wanting to become home-owners, in BTLer double-down upon double-down over 2 decades.

The demand to rent has been a 'choice' forced on so many renters.   Reason we're here is because BTLers have bought so many of the entry level homes down the years, and then bought more and more of them at higher prices.  Holding and preventing market from clearing.   

And there may be nothing in suggestion that rents-go-up as more houses sell from BTLers to OOs, as in many instances it's an equal trade-off.   1 family now paying a mortgage instead of renting directly from a BTLer.   And as better placed renters who can buy, go on to buy, it may mean other BTLers have fewer better paid tenants to meet the higher rents of today for nicer homes, bring down rental prices.   Regardless, whatever the future market disruptions I embrace it, bringing pressure down on the BTLers.   I would move each month to see the BTLers lose their grip on the market, and HPC.

Forced evictions?  Nearly all tenants have insecurity of tenure.

There's a BTL Forum thread of the other day where the tenants have actually spent extra £ on improvements making a divehole property more habitable after the LL said he was in it for the long-term.  11 months into it he has told them he is selling up.   Many BTLers rallying round on side of BTLer that long-term means different things to different people.....  insecurity of tenure.  

Of course the BTL minds want to believe they will sell to other LLs to take supply, and keep us in rented and HPI+.  Many of the large landlords are those most badly affected by S24.  There's a 160 property Hull landlord talking about selling up.   Maybe his tenants can buy those terraces at 50% off today's prices, and I would not be fussed if the council bought others at much lower prices.

I am not on the LL/BTL side.

Venger you have chosen to take my quotes out of context ! Select only certain quotes and paint an incorrect picture! 

Just for for the record I am totally in favour of the S24 rule amateur landlords need to go !

The small BTL amateur landlord is history, rightly so , along with his 20 % deposit he has given to the banks ! 

Next My main fear is as recorded 16 million people who don't have a 100 pounds won't be buying property any time soon!

I cant believe you are so naive to think osbourne introduced this to help the little man get on the property ladder you are having a laugh with that one !

osbourne did so the little man will lose his deposit , banks can block sell properties on mass  to the likes of the black rock  investment company he works for the corporate institutions shaft the small man landlord and their big corporate friends clean up!

huge huge corporate landlords will appear (backed by investment companies like black rock ) to hoover up the coming bankrupt stock ! These properties won't be back on the market for 50 years !

These AE properties will probably never come back to the market ! 

You are are so naive ! 

HOLA4410
3 minutes ago, PSP said:

Venger you have chosen to take my quotes out of context ! Select only certain quotes and paint an incorrect picture! 

Just for for the record I am totally in favour of the S24 rule amateur landlords need to go !

The small BTL amateur landlord is history, rightly so , along with his 20 % deposit he has given to the banks ! 

Next My main fear is as recorded 16 million people who don't have a 100 pounds won't be buying property any time soon!

I cant believe you are so naive to think osbourne introduced this to help the little man get on the property ladder you are having a laugh with that one !

osbourne did so the little man will lose his deposit , banks can block sell properties on mass  to the likes of the black rock  investment company he works for the corporate institutions shaft the small man landlord and their big corporate friends clean up!

huge huge corporate landlords will appear (backed by investment companies like black rock ) to hoover up the coming bankrupt stock ! These properties won't be back on the market for 50 years !

You are are so naive ! 

HOLA4411

32 minutes ago, PSP said:

Eh?  I made an effort to answer some of your leading questions.

18 hours ago, PSP said:

I can't see that being the case ? I read somewhere on here 1.7 million I think it was small BTL landlords which are now going bust ? Say on average 3 houses each then that is a lot of houses where tenants landlords are going bust . Therefore a mega amount of forced evictions? Will this cause a shortage of rental property as the houses are absorbed into O/O? Or will the banks just sell them off to larger landlord groups ?

20 hours ago, PSP said:

This has to smash the small BTL landlord into the ground ? Will this mean forced evictions ? Will this mean increased rent hikes for the bigger players as the supply pool becomes smaller ? 

As I suspected it, it seems you had already decided.   Blackrock and more people farming.  No chance for renter-savers.  HPI protected.  You lean to O/O buyers absorbing as a sop on this thread, but your main view is larger landlord groups and more shafting for renter-savers.

32 minutes ago, PSP said:

You are are so naive ! 

On 3/13/2017 at 10:15 PM, PSP said:

Move up north 220-250 k buys you a good place ! Your choice rent down south or buy up north

Which need hard HPC. £220,000-£250,000.  What's that in this market in the North West / your Manchester.  Perhaps a lower end semi-D in Offerton.   A squeezed house in lower end of Timperley.   An standard semi in upper Prestwich, or Macclesfield.   Basic semi in Heaton Chapel but not Heaton Moor.   Nicer areas and better housing stock and it's straight up in prices.

Edited by Venger

HOLA4412
33 minutes ago, PSP said:

You are are so naive ! 

Why do people buy property? People may come up with variety of reasons. But the core reason is to call a place home and raise a family. In the current rent market, renters are faced with insecurity about their homes. If LLs offer a long term tenancy most renters desire to own home may go down. 

I am told that the LL's were prevented by their lenders from offering long term tenancy agreements. 

If blackrock takes all these houses and manage to make a profit good luck with them. They might offer long term tenancies.  

But will they bet on property? May be not .

I agree that not all renters can afford to buy or lining up to buy the BTLers property. But a correction could help a few to buy homes. 

Edited by hi5lo5

HOLA4413

Onto 'the' thread after 10 days a member.

No chance HPC, you won't get a look-in, and corporates to buy up all the housing stock from BTLers (?)

My approach is to believe them concerned BTLers or HPIers.   Why else join up, with such passion against prospect of BTLers selling up to younger homeowners / HPC ?

**** the corporates, although I know others welcome the prospect of being farmed by them on big rental scale, and taking homeownership responsibility away from the young.  American Corporates... being responsible for UK housing and protecting wider HPI?   Same old money runs up, but just new landlords.  Make me shiver... it's like wanting to merrily sit on Trump's lap.

Main banks have their own reasons for HPC and to get fresh debt out there, else go out of business.  5 houses (£2m of property) owned outright by 1 landlord is not a win for the bank.  No debt being paid up to the bank.  Get him to sell some off at lower prices, to cash in on his 'portfolio', as other BTLers forced to sell up by S24 driving prices down.   We do know that US firms have bought up tranches of UKAR debt, which I'm okay with.

Edited by Venger

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
47 minutes ago, PSP said:

You are are so naive ! 

If you don't want to be mistaken for a BTL landlord you might want to stop repeating their desperate conspiracy theories without applying any critical thought.

(And also learn how to spell the name of the former Chancellor. That may be the common spelling on the landlord fora but it is not the one he actually goes by.)

Tax relief on debt for "huge huge corporate landlords" is being heavily restricted, in effect to at least the same degree as small-time amateur landlords, and the idea that such large corporates would be interested in the long-term management of disparate properties, in varying states of repair, at a time of economic uncertainty, when they are being actively encouraged to enter into the much more streamlined and profitable build-to-rent sector, is highly dubious to say the least.

If BTL landlords have sucked up years of peoples' unearnings that would have otherwise gone towards buying that self-same house, then in the event that BTLers become forced sellers that house is likely to be worth whatever income multiple it would have gone for previously minus however much of that has already been spent on rent.

HOLA4416
10 minutes ago, CunningPlan said:

The corporates want easily managed build to let. They won't be interested in knackered little portfolios dotted about the place.

+ 1

Exactly, it's just a BTL fantasy (and even if it weren't it would still be vastly preferrable to amateur BTL landlords with insanely dangerous levels of debt).

The big bad corporate landlords aren't going to come in and save them by taking their properties off their hands at what they imagine they're worth, and then making everyone else feel bad for not being more grateful about all of the insecurity of tenure and inconsistency of service they enjoyed when dealing with heavily indebted amateurs.

HOLA4417

You seem to want to live in the soon to be capital of England ( Madchester)  Yet stil pay (London is the worlds capital for dodgy money ! ) Smart money is unfortunately moving to Manchester ! 

Try rightmove  (Mill Hill Blackburn ) 

225 k buys you a lot of property, 5 min walk to railway station, 5 min drive to motorway network, there is even a canal to sail up and down on at weekends, loads of good cycle tracks 5mins away ;search Roddlesworth walks /rides on YouTube !( ( to a soon to be back in the premiership football club) okay maybe a little wishful thinking) then there are loads of recenently council block granted fully refurbished/ insulated tidy terrace houses from as little as 50 k for when the kids want to move out ? 

Life as it it should be ! Mortgage not taking all your money disposable income to enjoy life !

HOLA4418

I ain't so stupid as to believe that the good old chancellor is trying to help joe blogs get on the home homership bandwagon! 

The sheeple have been conned into believing having a new car on rent is good ,sky monthly is good, an annual holiday is a right ,pissing a fortune against the wall Friday and Saturday is good , renting a shithole flat you can't swing the car in in the black hole of the M25  is good ! spending all your disposable income is good ! Borrowing all you can on credit cards is good! Having the latest iPhone is a must ! 

Therefore these properties won't be picked up by the majority of sheeple who believe that ******** because they will have spent all their deposits!

Stop sitting on your winging southern soft arses whining because you can't afford a one bed shithole in the the black hole of the M25.

southerners have mocked northerners for years ! Secretly we have been known who the cocks are ! ?

HOLA4419
23 minutes ago, Neverwhere said:

+ 1

Exactly, it's just a BTL fantasy (and even if it weren't it would still be vastly preferrable to amateur BTL landlords with insanely dangerous levels of debt).

The big bad corporate landlords aren't going to come in and save them by taking their properties off their hands at what they imagine they're worth, and then making everyone else feel bad for not being more grateful about all of the insecurity of tenure and inconsistency of service they enjoyed when dealing with heavily indebted amateurs.

I never said the corporates will pay market value ! They will want big market discounts ! The ****** bankers will want me and you to bail them out again ! The property will end up in hands of the big corporates not the Sheeple ! 

HOLA4420
8 hours ago, CunningPlan said:

I strongly suspect that said anecdotes give a misleading picture.

People discuss extreme cases. They talk less about the run-of-the-mill. They also often don't take account of the number of extreme cases that lean in the other direction, i.e. people who are living in properties with empty bedrooms that they don't use at all and are only holding onto because they expect further HPI.

rufd50q6.jpg

id58FMSU.jpg

Source: Homeownership and renting in England and Wales

And such anecdotes by their very nature tend to only take into account properties that are currently in occupation, not properties that are about to come into occupation (new build supply) or properties that are not in continual occupation due to current economic incentives but which would be brought back into continual occupation were these incentives to change (property that is intentionally held vacant in anticipation of HPI and later sale, second homes that wouldn't have been bought if they weren't also expected to increase in value, and the rolling stock of rental properties that are currently experiencing voids - see below - etc).

10 hours ago, Neverwhere said:

And owner-occupation keeps properties in more continuous use precisely because of the security of tenure it confers: the rolling number of rental properties currently experiencing voids means that holding properties in the PRS actually decreases the number of properties available for use, and moving that same stock over into owner occupation actively increases the number of properties available for use.

(For instance, say you have a 1,000,000 rental properties that incur, on average, 3 weeks void each year, as per the ARLA PRS Report 2013. That means that at any given point in time 57,690 of those properties will always be unoccupied. Therefore 1,000,000 physical properties tied up in the PRS effectively results in only 942,310 properties available for housing - obviously different average voids / PRS sizes would translate to different figures - whereas if those same exact properties were moved back into owner occupation the full 1,000,000 would be available for housing again. It might be tempting to assume that forcing people into crowded conditions in the PRS might be counteracting this impact, but actually over and under occupation across both sectors are broadly similar - see Homeownership and renting in England and Wales - detailed characteristics.)

HOLA4421
12 minutes ago, PSP said:

I never said the corporates will pay market value ! They will want big market discounts ! The ****** bankers will want me and you to bail them out again ! The property will end up in hands of the big corporates not the Sheeple ! 

Conspiracy theories abound. :rolleyes:

HOLA4422
16 minutes ago, PSP said:

I ain't so stupid as to believe that the good old chancellor is trying to help joe blogs get on the home homership bandwagon! 

The sheeple have been conned into believing having a new car on rent is good ,sky monthly is good, an annual holiday is a right ,pissing a fortune against the wall Friday and Saturday is good , renting a shithole flat you can't swing the car in in the black hole of the M25  is good ! spending all your disposable income is good ! Borrowing all you can on credit cards is good! Having the latest iPhone is a must ! 

Therefore these properties won't be picked up by the majority of sheeple who believe that ******** because they will have spent all their deposits!

Stop sitting on your winging southern soft arses whining because you can't afford a one bed shithole in the the black hole of the M25.

southerners have mocked northerners for years ! Secretly we have been known who the cocks are ! ?

I'm a northerner and it's you who seems like the **** to me. Have you got anything decent to add to this thread, preferably funny too?

HOLA4423

Sorry !!

i will write what a set of ***** small BTL landlords are ?

I will regurgitate the party line that houses will soon be i the hands of all the sheeple at 30 % of current prices ! 

I will ill repeat the mantra that all bright youngsters should travel to London to spend a miserable existence surrounded by a load of miserable southerners drinking flat beer they can't afford ! ?

HOLA4424
20 minutes ago, PSP said:

The ****** bankers will want me and you to bail them out again !

BTW, if you are a BTLer this is exactly what you signed up for and exactly what is going to happen.

The banks will make themselves whole by going after BTLers' other assets and income. Everyone else will be fine.

HOLA4425