House Price Crash Forum

1. Quit Job 2. Build Camper Van 3. Travel

200p

HOLA441

They are nice vans to drive but the early 2003>2010 all had major problems that are still ongoing,and they are silly money

Value for money you won`t go wrong with one of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hyundai-ILoad-Comfort-Crdi-115ps-Van-DIESEL-MANUAL-2010-60-/281468042699?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4188cd7dcb

Good steer, hadn't heard of those. Hoiking out the details for reference:

$_12.JPG

Hyundai ILoad Comfort Crdi 115ps Van DIESEL MANUAL 2010/60 black 94000 miles

£6,990.00

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

I've seen this done on the quiet roads around Hampstead Heath in north London. I realised one van was being lived in, only because it was using some sort of rocket stove with a chimney. It was night, but I noticed the smell. Otherwise, there were no signs of habitation.

I've read that the best way to convert a commercial van is not to put windows in the sides, but instead have a big skylight or glass roof, which can't be observed from ground level.

$_57.JPG

You can get a sky light from ebay for about £50. So I guess you just angle grind a hole in the top and bolt it together. Hmm perhaps people who work in London already live like that, on the road.

HOLA445

They are nice vans to drive but the early 2003>2010 all had major problems that are still ongoing,and they are silly money

Value for money you won`t go wrong with one of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hyundai-ILoad-Comfort-Crdi-115ps-Van-DIESEL-MANUAL-2010-60-/281468042699?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4188cd7dcb

I'm now looking at a Sprinter with an IGLHAUT conversion

HOLA446

I'm now looking at a Sprinter with an IGLHAUT conversion

Far wiser than the factory 4x4s they have a electronically controlled drive train

Cant beat a good old transfer box with a low ratio

I think they done all the Various and early sprinters

The later on Mercedes buit their own 4x4 but the ultimate has got to be this VW

HOLA447

Are you looking to go on holiday or invade Afghanistan?!

Moroccan west coast in winter if i could find the right van in the right part of the world have always fancied the stan`s/Mongolia as well, possibly India to

All inclusive fancy hotels have never appealed to me adventure is what it`s all about not sat by the pool geting pi$$ed

HOLA448
HOLA449

Far wiser than the factory 4x4s they have a electronically controlled drive train

Cant beat a good old transfer box with a low ratio

I think they done all the Various and early sprinters

The later on Mercedes buit their own 4x4 but the ultimate has got to be this VW

~ £14k + Tax for a 2yr-old sprinter, ~ £23k + tax for the IGLHaut conversion, and then the interior ...

HOLA4410

@long time lurking

Is that Hymer bus like camper you linked to in germany a good buy at £16000? (22,000) i know its a '97 but seems like being a Merc it would still have some life left in it.

I've been thinking of spending a couple of years down the med south west spain / eastern algarve and have seen plenty of campsites in good locations down there.

I was thinking purchase it (or something like it) in Germany and drive it down. That'd be half the distance and ferry fares taken care of.

Edit: would probably spend £16k+ in accomodation fees in 2yrs

with a campervan i'd have somewhere to stay and recoup some money selling it on hmmm

HOLA4411

@long time lurking

Is that Hymer bus like camper you linked to in germany a good buy at £16000? (22,000) i know its a '97 but seems like being a Merc it would still have some life left in it.

I've been thinking of spending a couple of years down the med south west spain / eastern algarve and have seen plenty of campsites in good locations down there.

I was thinking purchase it (or something like it) in Germany and drive it down. That'd be half the distance and ferry fares taken care of.

Edit: would probably spend £16k+ in accomodation fees in 2yrs

with a campervan i'd have somewhere to stay and recoup some money selling it on hmmm

Yes it is its on the German equivalent of the UK`s Auto trader http://www.mobile.de/?lang=en

And yes the Merc ones are the ones to go for when the are getting older i would not look at the Fiat ducato ones unless they were very low milage

If you look at the same make/model/year van for sale in the UK today it`s very real possibility you would get most if not all your money back f if you brought it back to the UK in couple of years time

HOLA4412

A mate of mine bought a VW van, and had it converted. Nothing too glamourous, but cheaper than buying a ready done one with a load of tat you don't want. Just the basics. Not a Winnebago Gin Palace the size of a bus.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Can only the jobless build campervans?

Is that what they're all quietly doing?

can`t imagine going any where exotic in the back of vw T5 , sounds like a waste of time .

best off booking 2p flights on ryan air and staying in hostels

Archived