House Price Crash Forum

(Another) Foreigner Tells Me Immigration Is Good

TheCountOfNowhere

HOLA441

A warning shot to all those UKIP voters ( aka british people ).

Via Twitter Julian Harris, news editor at City AM

tweets: "Carney says high net immigration is due to 'relative [economic] strength in the UK'. Something millions of Brits would do well to understand."

Nothing to do with the free money give away.

Mr Carney "would do well to understand" that taxing us 60-70% of our income and giving it to foreigners to support their ponzi -economy will results in us voting for more and more right wing parties until it is stopped.

IMHO, Mr. Carney, should leave and take your immigrants and monetary policies with him.

Thanks.

I am even more likely to vote UKIP than I was yesterday and I was 100% yesterday.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

Immigrants come here to work on the whole. The enormous giant mammoth in the room that everyone misses except local employers, is that you can get a foreign graduate, doing Web design, IT or whatever for NMW. Its not all fruit picking in the fields.

Now the foreign graduates know they are being exploited. However if its a choice between having a job and living in a country that simply doesn't have them, then its not much of a choice.

If, if we could Europe back on the road to recovery, it would be a different problem. Stopping the flood of people emigrating!!

HOLA445

Immigrants come here to work on the whole.

Ok, I can give you that.

Cut the 60-70% taxation to something fair and get rid of the public sector non-jobs to sane levels and how many jobs are there for these foreign workers ?

They come for the free money and we are forced to give them it.

HOLA446
HOLA447

Immigrants come here to work on the whole. The enormous giant mammoth in the room that everyone misses except local employers, is that you can get a foreign graduate, doing Web design, IT or whatever for NMW. Its not all fruit picking in the fields.

Now the foreign graduates know they are being exploited. However if its a choice between having a job and living in a country that simply doesn't have them, then its not much of a choice.

If, if we could Europe back on the road to recovery, it would be a different problem. Stopping the flood of people emigrating!!

It can't be just that reason as the net migration figures during the eu boom years averaged about the same as now.

HOLA448

My old work colleagues have all left. I and a handful of what must be sadomasochists have stayed. It has gotten steadily worse here, while my friends who left have lovely big houses abroad, nice motors and go skiing on the weekend I am stuck here with angry people grey skies and a country sliding more and more right wing as it collapses. Every few months mister emigration opportunity comes knocking with ever better jobs and I reckon I am a fool to stay and hope it works out, its totally finished here. They will do anything to protect the corrupt institutions even if it means sacrificing the whole country's well being. While i know nowhere is perfect the UK is really really bad now, especially in comparison to quality of life you can have elsewhere on the same wage.

HOLA449

It can't be just that reason as the net migration figures during the eu boom years averaged about the same as now.

Whatever you might think about the UK is that is has 'vibrancy' and I mean that in the genuine sense of the word. Not the abused estate agency use of the word.

When I visit France etc, I think to myself, this is all well and good, and very pleasant but its got all the get up and go of a graveyard, which is all very well if you just want to retire there.

Interesting what the Pope said today about EU accepting migrants, that the Med cannot become a graveyard, and lacking vibrancy,

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

So what effect dose that have on web design/IT wages ? plus if the graduate form xyz country has a family there`s the tax credit/housing benefit/child allowance bill to think of ....the only one that benefits is the employer and perhaps the UK`s GDP figures

HOLA4412

Whatever you might think about the UK is that is has 'vibrancy' and I mean that in the genuine sense of the word. Not the abused estate agency use of the word.

When I visit France etc, I think to myself, this is all well and good, and very pleasant but its got all the get up and go of a graveyard, which is all very well if you just want to retire there.

Interesting what the Pope said today about EU accepting migrants, that the Med cannot become a graveyard, and lacking vibrancy,

If you're referring to emigration out of the med countries and other similar countries then that's going to take some time before they recover enough (some might never truly recover) and in the meantime net migration levels to the UK continue.

These days the UK's vibrancy seems to be getting a bit dampened down in lots of areas and is being replaced by congestion.

Edited by billybong

HOLA4413

So what effect dose that have on web design/IT wages ? plus if the graduate form xyz country has a family there`s the tax credit/housing benefit/child allowance bill to think of ....the only one that benefits is the employer and perhaps the UK`s GDP figures

Brings it all down in price. However I know one web host in the UK where all their helpdesk tech support/sysadmins are done from an East European country, so I don't think a lot of it could be stopped even if you turned UK into a fortress.

Challenge at the moment, is to stop rentiers/employers capturing all the gains from immigration (if there are any) and indeed passing on all the social costs to the 'rest of us'

Given that ALL our political parties represent rentiers/employers and ignore the 'rest of us' what are the chances of that? Zero I'd say

Edited by aSecureTenant

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

“Seven Deadly Sins

Wealth without work
Pleasure without conscience
Science without humanity
Knowledge without character
Politics without principle
Commerce without morality
Worship without sacrifice.”
Mahatma Gandhi

A great man. Not like our self serving week willed over privileged banker puppet leaders.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

I absolutely agree that the correct long term answer is to give these people jobs in their home countries, so that they don't have to leave behind their families and friends in order to live in a crummy HMO inside the M25 and be exploited by a penny-pinching boss.

However, I'm not sure how we go about overriding the internal politics of a sovereign state, other than by sending over the army and a Governor General... which is probably not a brilliant idea.

The world is imperfect, other nations have a 'right' to manage their economy as they see fit, and we have to cope with the side effects of the politics of other nations.

While it's really nice to have free movement in the EU, it's hardly a 'must-have' - the EU survived for decades without it. I remember living in France when exchange controls were in place, which made trips to other EU countries a real pain. But it was survivable.

HOLA4418

Brings it all down in price. However I know one web host in the UK where all their helpdesk tech support/sysadmins are done from an East European country, so I don't think a lot of it could be stopped even if you turned UK into a fortress.

Challenge at the moment, is to stop rentiers/employers capturing all the gains from immigration (if there are any) and indeed passing on all the social costs to the 'rest of us'

Given that ALL our political parties represent rentiers/employers and ignore the 'rest of us' what are the chances of that? Zero I'd say

This is exactly whats happening,,,,,,and this is why if you want to emigrate to NZ/AUS/USA and many other country`s they use a points system to stop this happening ,those that pass are deemed to be a financial asset not a financial drain

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

Yip, the bottom of the barrell.

Eventually, the worm at the bottom of the barrell turns, so they ought to be careful.

I don't think so somehow.

Got involved in a Twitter/Facebook spat about HRH Prince Charles and had to do some research about 'land enclosures' which the Duchy of Lancaster took full advantage of!

This has been going on for hundreds of years. Thousands/millions dispossessed and barely a blip to the ruling elite really.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

I don't think so somehow.

Got involved in a Twitter/Facebook spat about HRH Prince Charles and had to do some research about 'land enclosures' which the Duchy of Lancaster took full advantage of!

This has been going on for hundreds of years. Thousands/millions dispossessed and barely a blip to the ruling elite really.

Load up the country with 20 million impoverished people who want the country run in their favour and you have a whole lot of trouble.

This is inevitable.

HOLA4423

No decent web developer is going to work for NMW in the UK when they can bring in £200 a day from outsourced work and stay in Poland. The decent European developers I know who do work in the UK, earn UK rates and pay UK taxes. My experience is that on the whole they are more solid and reliable than the ones reared in the UK as well.

It probably doesn't fit this web sites increasingly UKIP skewed narrative but my experience of foreign developers is not that it has reduced the rates that developers charge - but that a shortage of decent developers for the increasing amount of UK tech projects has been averted. And the ones here tend to be around for the long haul and pay their taxes just like anyone else.

HOLA4424

Compared to (for example) Greece, the UK is indeed in recovery.

Relatively speaking.

Would not agree.

Greece is marked to market, Uk is still marked to fantasy.

If I had a choice to make a 10 investment today in the UK or Greece, Greece would be the choice. It's a no brainer.

HOLA4425

Compared to (for example) Greece, the UK is indeed in recovery.

Relatively speaking.

Did you see the graph yesterday showing the real fall in wages in the UK, down something like 10% since 2007.

The greeks, collapse has more honest about it that the British one.

My conclusion is that either british people are more stupid than europeans or the British government is more clever.