House Price Crash Forum

Iraq - The Black Swan Event

HOLA441
  • Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

The violent insurgency in Iraq is the "predictable and malign effect" of the West's inaction over Syria, former UK prime minister Tony Blair has said.

Writing on his website, he said the takeover of Mosul by Sunni insurgents was planned across the Syrian border.

Every time "we put off action, the action we will be forced to take will be ultimately greater", he added.

He said the idea that the current crisis was a result of the toppling of Saddam Hussein in 2003 was "bizarre".

"We have to liberate ourselves from the notion that 'we' have caused this," he wrote. "We haven't."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-27852832

Oh, right, I see Mr Blair. So, if we had just given the Syrian "Freedom Fighters/insurgents" even more weapons, then this wouldn't have happened.

+1

read Tony's words at

http://www.tonyblairoffice.org/news/entry/iraq-syria-and-the-middle-east-an-essay-by-tony-blair/

HOLA443
HOLA444

I think he should send his kids there, the murderous corrupt piece of shyt.

Yes, white people deserve democracy, human rights and life of rich. Brown people have to be ruled by bloody dictators to keep them in line and live in crap to serve interests of the white people ...

It is a shame that your family was not a target of Saddam's secret police so we would not need to share your great ideas ...

Edited by Damik

HOLA445

Yes, white people deserve democracy, human rights and life of rich. Brown people have to be ruled by bloody dictators to keep them in line and live in crap to serve interests of the white people ...

It is a shame that your family was not a target of Saddam's secret police so we would not need to share your great ideas ...

What a silly thing you are, firstly to suggest all people in this region are all brown highlights the fact youre the racist idiot.

For centuries the so called best minds of western governments have only ever caused problems in this region, we are not wanted there and we only ever make the problem worse.

Thirdly my family would never be a target of Sadams secret police as im in England, but scum like you probably would like to see my 4 year old girl get abused by your Muslim brothers you vile piece of Blairite scum.

If you want to help your Muslim brothers pick a side and go out there instead of trying to be the tough man on the internet you abhorrent little man.

Edited by Corruption

HOLA446

What a silly thing you are, firstly to suggest all people in this region are all brown highlights the fact youre the racist idiot.

For centuries the so called best minds of western governments have only ever caused problems in this region, we are not wanted there and we only ever make the problem worse.

Thirdly my family would never be a target of Sadams secret police as im in England you stupid fool, but scum like you probably would like to see my 4 year old girl get abused by your Muslim brothers you sick vile piece of Blairite scum.

If you want to help your Muslim brothers pick a side and go out there instead of trying to be the tough man on the internet you abhorrent little man.

Yes, you live in England, rich and safe. And you could not care less how women and children suffer in Iraq/Syria, etc. And you believe that doing nothing make you innocent and not responsible. The problem is that you are just a selfish racist, nothing more ...

Edited by Damik

HOLA447

Yes, you live in England, rich and safe. And you could not care less how women and children suffer in Iraq/Syria, etc. And you believe that doing nothing make you innocent and not responsible. The problem is that you are just a selfish racist, nothing more ...

My child is of a mixed race you piece of scum. But come on keep up the racist name calling all because i said Blair ought to send his kids there this time.

All you can do is mouth off on the internet you pathetic coward, people like you who want others to die for your cause when you are too much of a pussy to do anything your self.

And you think going into these countries and getting millions killed is the answer, well your Blairite lot did that and it failed ... and now you want some more of it.

What a wonderful idea of democracy you have you deluded internet warrior.

Edited by Corruption

HOLA448
HOLA449

My child is of a mixed race you piece of scum. But come on keep up the racist name calling all because i said Blair ought to send his kids there this time.

All you can do is mouth off on the internet you pathetic coward, people like you who want others to die for your cause when you are too much of a pussy to do anything your self.

And you think going into these countries and getting millions killed is the answer, well your Blairite lot did that and it failed ... and now you want some more of it.

No, you want to rule "other" people by dictators to have selfishly easy, simple and comfortable rich life, watching soap operas on your large plasma screen. And it simply makes you racist. And it really does not matter at all what particular race you are, or your kids, or your village ...

HOLA4410

I am sure that you would tell Oliver Cromwell the same. Surely there was no good reason to kill and fight against the King ...

What about this? I assume also that this is somebody else problem and not yours as you live in lovely England and not in some crap place:

In a separate incident, the Taliban cut off the fingers of 11 civilians on Saturday in western Herat province to punish them for voting, police spokesman Raoud Ahamdi said.

Edited by Damik

HOLA4411

I believe you are making a moral case for killing >100,000 Iraqis. Good luck with that one.

More informed sorts than you have tried - and failed. Perhaps the most informed and influential of these is Kanan Makiya. Never heard of? Well, maybe you should quit right there, cos he's your and George Bush's (and therefore Blair's) chief war-apologist in general. I'll leave you to wade through his ramblings on why the war was the moral thing to do, though if you've heard Blair and Bush on that matter, you've heard him, cos he was the "intellect" behind the stuff they said.

More pertinently he also said this :

“the removal of Saddam Hussein and the toppling of a whole succession of other Arab dictators in 2011 were closely connected.” The invasion, he added, “paved the way for young Arabs to imagine” the removal of dictators elsewhere in the region.

In case it's not clear what he is saying from that exerpt, maybe you'll get the gist from the title of the piece from which it was taken: THE ARAB SPRING STARTED IN IRAQ.

Yep, Bush and BLAIR'S war apologist justified the loss of >100,000 Iraqis by claiming it led to the Arab Spring.

Of course, he wrote that just over a year ago. Recent enough for most of us to realise the so called "Spring" was anything but, but presumably still long enough ago for him to fail to realise what a mess Syria, Lybia and Egypt really were and are.

Fast forward 14 months and, with Iraq in crisis, who should pop up on telly but our favourite self-publicist, Tony Blair, once again attempting to justify Iraq.

Now, apparently, he thinks he can't be blamed for the cluster-f*** now going down in Iraq, because, Saddam or no Saddam, Iraq invasion or no Iraq invasion, we'd have an Arab Spring with all the accompanying instability.

So the retrospective intellectual case for invasion was the Arab Spring, which had no causal connection to the Arab Spring.

Of course, accompanying this self-contradictory clap trap, are Blair's insults, thinly veiled as entreaties: we need to understand abc; we must recognise xyz.Or put another way, you plebs are dumb and you common folk are blind. Not, say I, without your dodgy dossiers Tony to dull our brains,not without your WMD 45 minute claims to obscure our vision. And for the record (it's a matter of such on this forum) I never swallowed on ounce of that muck.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

And now Blair thinks we can contain the situation with air power. Hey, yeah! What say we impose a no-fly zone, and run frequent fly-pasts over Iraq, with air surveillance? That's gotta be the answer.

But wait a mo, that's what we had BEFORE we invaded and was deemed wholly inadequate by 'guess who' : yep, Blair.

Edited by Sledgehead

HOLA4414

I am sure that you would tell Oliver Cromwell the same. Surely there was no good reason to kill and fight against the King ...

What about this? I assume also that this is somebody else problem and not yours as you live in lovely England and not in some crap place:

In a separate incident, the Taliban cut off the fingers of 11 civilians on Saturday in western Herat province to punish them for voting, police spokesman Raoud Ahamdi said.

OK little hard man.

Can you tell me which side you wish to back in Syria and the latest uprising in Iraq, and also which side were you wanting to help in 2003? And try not to contradict yourself you uniformed little man.

Secondly i dont have a house, i live in a spare f'en room, i work in some of the most dangerous places on earth, on a dangerous oil platform sometimes sharing 4 to a room and eating disgusting food .... and i get my hands dirty something that an internet warrior like would last about an hour doing ... all to buy a tiny little house, and if this makes me rich then ive certainly f'en earned it.

And i dont watch soap operas, im all knowing like you apart from the fact you know f all, and i go on pointless websites like this so i can feel superior to people like you.

Oh and my father has a Plasma being as it cost a few hundred quid and his black and white packed up last week, clearly he is also racist for owning such a product.

Im going out now to fly a kite, is kite flying also a waycist pastime?

Edited by Corruption

HOLA4415

OK little hard man.

Secondly i dont have a house, i live in a spare f'en room, i work in some of the most dangerous places on earth, on a dangerous oil platform sometimes sharing 4 to a room and eating disgusting food .

Fantastic! I do like a trip to oily shitholes myself!

HOLA4416

OK little hard man.

Can you tell me which side you wish to back in Syria and the latest uprising in Iraq, and also which side were you wanting to help in 2003? And try not to contradict yourself you uniformed little man.

Secondly i dont have a house, i live in a spare f'en room, i work in some of the most dangerous places on earth, on a dangerous oil platform sometimes sharing 4 to a room and eating disgusting food .... and i get my hands dirty something that an internet warrior like would last about an hour doing ... all to buy a tiny little house, and if this makes me rich then ive certainly f'en earned it.

And i dont watch soap operas, im all knowing like you apart from the fact you know f all, and i go on pointless websites like this so i can feel superior to people like you.

Oh and my father has a Plasma being as it cost a few hundred quid and his black and white packed up last week, clearly he is also racist for owning such a product.

OK, a very simple question just for you: Do women and children in Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan, etc deserve same rights as women and children in lovely England or no?

And a 2nd simple question: Do you think that doing nothing as it is not "our problem" is going to support your answer from the question above?

HOLA4417

OK little hard man.

99% Syrian refugees would like to swap with you your "dangerous" job immediately.

Plus just for you Taliban banned flying kites:

Banned the keeping of pigeons and playing with the birds, describing it as un-Islamic. The violators will be imprisoned and the birds shall be killed. The kite flying has also been stopped.

Edited by Damik

HOLA4418

I believe you are making a moral case for killing >100,000 Iraqis. Good luck with that one.

So you would rather blame US for the ethnic Shia X Sunni killings. Instead of Saddam, who could make Iraq democratic and brought Shia and Kurds into the government instead of gasing them ...

Outstanding out of the box thinking !!!

HOLA4419

So you would rather blame US for the ethnic Shia X Sunni killings. Instead of Saddam, who could make Iraq democratic and brought Shia and Kurds into the government instead of gasing them ...

Outstanding out of the box thinking !

Thanks for the reply. It's pretty clear you disagree with my post, despite the fact that it is pure reportage. As to your post, please forgive me for not wishing to debate its content. I learnt years ago that it is entirely futile to argue with people who do not have a good grasp of english syntax. I could take exception to a particular aspect of your post, only to find you hold an entirely contrary view; not an experience I enjoy.

I can see that you are refering to an government in Iraq. I should perhaps point out that no such entity worthy of such a name exists. That fact alone renders your post irrelevant.

HOLA4420

we are not the World Police.

We should be out. out of their government, out of their establishment, out of their country.

ie, out from top to bottom...out from installing puppets, out from selling them arms, out from supplying the rebels.

out.

HOLA4421

OK, a very simple question just for you: Do women and children in Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan, etc deserve same rights as women and children in lovely England or no?

And a 2nd simple question: Do you think that doing nothing as it is not "our problem" is going to support your answer from the question above?

A silly question. Democracy was introduced in Iraq but the rights of women and children were degraded under Shia rule as comapred to the rule of Saddam.

Doing something as opposed to nothing often makes the situation much worse, but I wouldn't expect a dumbass like you to realise that as you have been infected with the Trotskyite neo-conservative virus.

Edited by 1929crash

HOLA4422

Outstanding out of the box thinking !!!

This kind of argument and that of Tony Blair reminds me of a child looking into the garden watching birds eating.

"hey mummy, the little birds arent getting any worms, look, the big birdies are frightening the little ones away..shoo shoo them away mummy, help the little birds"

one wonders how the little birds come to be there at all....course, all the birds are getting fed, but the childish outsider sees unfairness and wants the balance to be changed...to make it look good and for the outsider to feel better.

HOLA4423

Will someone please just ban this troll? so that we can have sensible discussions about major geopolitical events.

HOLA4424

Id like a few of those women as my slaves (thatll be the inner Muslim in me), but for the rest i wish peace and prosperity.

HOLA4425

So based on the 4 previous posts Iraq would be a better place with Saddam (Butcher of Baghdad) and his 2 sons in charge as he woud sort out Shias and Kurds as they "deserve" ...

The Lord Preserves the Simple ...

Edited by Damik