House Price Crash Forum

Susanne Atanus, Who Believes Gay Rights Cause Tornadoes And Autism Is A Punishment From God, Wins Illinois Republican Primary

HOLA441
  • Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

Getting back to what the issues this thread was started over, homosexuality and abortion, even if you don't believe that The Bible was created by anything more than ordinary human beings, most the the New Testament and much of the Old one have been shown, objectively, to be common sense. Sexually transmitted diseases are far most prevalant in the gay and/or promiscuous population, and least prevalent in the heterosexual and monogamous one. Something like 2% of the female population have had an abortion, compared to around 30% of those who seek medical help with difficulty conceiving (and having two or more abortions is effectively the same thing as sterilisation).

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

I like this bit from Numbers 15

32 While the Israelites were in the wilderness, a man was found gathering wood on the Sabbath day.

33 Those who found him gathering wood brought him to Moses and Aaron and the whole assembly,

34 and they kept him in custody, because it was not clear what should be done to him.

35 Then the Lord said to Moses, “The man must die. The whole assembly must stone him outside the camp.”

36 So the assembly took him outside the camp and stoned him to death, as the Lord commanded Moses.

37 The Lord said to Moses,

38 “Speak to the Israelites and say to them: ‘Throughout the generations to come you are to make tassels on the corners of your garments, with a blue cord on each tassel.

Which is perfect common sense. I mean what could be more common sense than violently bludgeoning someone to death because they picked up some twigs on the wrong day of the week. Who could object to that. I also like the way god immediately segues into what colour tassles the Isreaelites should wear. Because obviously blue tassles is the logical corollary to violent and messy public executions on the flimsiest of pretexts.

There are other really good examples of common sense, like offering rapists your virgin daughters to protect a visiting man.

And there's all the stuff about how to handle your slaves. Particularly useful to me was the bit about what to do with my Hebrew slave who didnt want to leave. I was a bit baffled but I looked up Exodus 21 and nailed his ear to door. Now he's mine forever......

HOLA443

There are some not very WWJD-friendly zingers in Deuteronomy, e.g. Chapter 20...

10 When you march up to attack a city, make its people an offer of peace. 11 If they accept and open their gates, all the people in it shall be subject to forced labor and shall work for you. 12 If they refuse to make peace and they engage you in battle, lay siege to that city. 13 When the Lord your God delivers it into your hand, put to the sword all the men in it. 14 As for the women, the children, the livestock and everything else in the city, you may take these as plunder for yourselves. And you may use the plunder the Lord your God gives you from your enemies. 15 This is how you are to treat all the cities that are at a distance from you and do not belong to the nations nearby.

16 However, in the cities of the nations the Lord your God is giving you as an inheritance, do not leave alive anything that breathes. 17 Completely destroy[a] them—the Hittites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites—as the Lord your God has commanded you. 18 Otherwise, they will teach you to follow all the detestable things they do in worshiping their gods, and you will sin against the Lord your God.

HOLA444

There are some not very WWJD-friendly zingers in Deuteronomy, e.g. Chapter 20...

WWOCD - what would Oliver Cromwell do. In fact the rules of war pertaining to Laying seige to a city at the time of the wars of the three kingdoms are remarkabley biblical. Which is probably why so many people thimk Drogheda was an atrocity..

HOLA445

WWOCD - what would Oliver Cromwell do. In fact the rules of war pertaining to Laying seige to a city at the time of the wars of the three kingdoms are remarkabley biblical. Which is probably why so many people thimk Drogheda was an atrocity..

In the case of the unfortunate Hittites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites it's bordering on What Would Genghis Khan Do?

Still, it's much more cinematic than all that namby pamby Love God, Love Thy Neighbour, Turn the Other Cheek stuff. Come to think of it, the OT is pretty much a Golden Rule free zone.

Following the teachings of the Gospels, even taking a chance on the Resurrection narrative, I get.

Convincing yourself that you can simultaneously follow the teachings of the Gospels and the OT I don't get. Philosophically, they're almost totally incompatible. It strikes me as being as near to pure doublethink as Orwell could have conceived of.

HOLA446

I've just had an idea for a new parlour game 'Genghis or Bible?'

“The greatest happiness is to scatter your enemy and drive him before you, to see his cities reduced to ashes, to see those who love him shrouded in tears, and to gather to your bosom his wives and daughters.”

Genghis or Bible?

“I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.”

Genghis or Bible?

HOLA447

I've just had an idea for a new parlour game 'Genghis or Bible?'

“The greatest happiness is to scatter your enemy and drive him before you, to see his cities reduced to ashes, to see those who love him shrouded in tears, and to gather to your bosom his wives and daughters.”

Genghis or Bible?

“I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.”

Genghis or Bible?

Did you ever read the Bible, Mr Mahoney? Being of slightly Jewish decent I only ever got the first series on DVD! Apparently Muslims, like my matey Mohammed have to watch the whole crap third sequel! :o

HOLA448
HOLA449

Did you ever read the Bible, Mr Mahoney? Being of slightly Jewish decent I only ever got the first series on DVD! Apparently Muslims, like my matey Mohammed have to watch the whole crap third sequel! :o

I can heartily recommend Mohammad, Messenger of God. A thrilling 178 minute epic biography of The Prophet (pbuh*) which, for doctrinal reasons, doesn't have him in it all.

* better safe than sorry, eh?

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Following the teachings of the Gospels, even taking a chance on the Resurrection narrative, I get.

Convincing yourself that you can simultaneously follow the teachings of the Gospels and the OT I don't get. Philosophically, they're almost totally incompatible. It strikes me as being as near to pure doublethink as Orwell could have conceived of.

They're meant to be different. It's what makes Christianity different from Judaism. In a period when I was a regular churchgoer we actually had a great priest who explained things incredibly well. He gave a great sermon on what it meant to sin at my son's christening. Anyhow, I digress. The thing about Jesus and the New Testament is that the relationship between people and God is fundamentally different from the OT.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423

I do wonder if people like this win votes more in protest against extreme leftist political correctness, rather than face-value support for the sort of views she espouses.

Personally, I am fed up to the back teeth with gayness and gay weddings. These people only constitute between around 0.2 and 8% of the population, depending on whose figures you believe, but yet any gay person who claims any sort of discrimination is instantly treated like royalty and has people walking on eggshells around them, celebrities who are minor (if any) talents are celebrated simply for the fact that they are gay, and politicians are spending a disporoportionate amount of their time addressing gay rights issues (e.g. Cameron and gay weddings), while ignoring bigger ones that directly affect the entire population, not just a tiny percentage of it. I would not like to see homosexuality re-illegalised, but neither do I want to see it promoted and obsessed about. And yes, as a Christian, I do believe that gay sexual intercourse is fundamentally unnatural. Human beings do lots of other things that are fundamentally unnatural as well, and we don't pass judgment on them (although we sometimes do on the acts themselves), and so I'm not for banning it. These are personal decisions, that you may have to explain to God when the time comes. But there is a reason why the word "buggered" is in widespread use as a colloquialism to mean "broken", "destroyed", "in trouble", etc. etc., and the left is not going to change that belief by imposing political correctness. At most it'll succeed in driving it underground.

As for abortion, I - and I believe, most of the population - that it should happen as little as possible, while recognising that there are cases in which it's the least worst option. Again, I'm not in favour of outright outlawing, but do believe that late-term abortion should be restricted to circumstances in which a mother's life is in direct danger from the pregnancy, and that there should be some sort of counselling procedure to ensure that earlier ones only happen if, after careful consideration, both parents are agreed that it is the only viable solution to a pregnancy that is perceived as being a problem. But yet if I were to express that view in any sort of public setting (and especially the view that, except in cases of rape, the father should be allowed an input into the decision), I would be shouted down by the "woman's right to choose" brigade.

However, I can vote for an extremist like Atanus in the privacy of the voting booth, and heave a sigh of relief that I've done something to counter the unreasonable elements of the gay and feminist lobbies. Those unreasonable elements are therefore reaping what the've sown when Atanus, Bachmann and their ilk start to win elections.

Great post! I wholeheartedly agree!

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Looking on the bright side, I'm getting Christian themed dating ads alternating with the Oriental ones on my HPC pages now. God wants me to see them apparently.

I'm getting conservatory roof blinds, and Honda cars. If that's not purgatory I don't know what is.

Archived