House Price Crash Forum

The Bubbly Bitcoin Thread -- Merged Threads

HOLA441
28 minutes ago, evetsm said:

The internet in 1969 :

The current crypto bubble looks like an exact replica of the 2000 dotcom bubble. Looking at the charts, we're probably only in the early stages of the crash. 

This should be a period where leaders emerge as washed up tech eventually heads toward the crypto graveyard. 

People are currently scrambling out of Alts into Bitcoin to get out and the fiat exits are extremely tight.

HOLA442
HOLA443

Bitcoin is further cementing it’s dominace in the crypto market gaining more market share. Alts are falling hard, typical hype pump and dumps. 

Narco reading your posts you seem keen on crypto, but not current crypto. you want it to succeed but on some new coin not yet invented yet, one I presume you will have the foresight to notice and buy before everyone else? 

It does very much read like you missed the boat and by continuing to not actually buy any bitcoin at now quite low prices your determined never to own any. 

i don’t see any reason bitcoin won’t continue to grow rapidly, and have several more bubbles along the way as that rapid growth gets very over-heated. doesn’t seem a strong argument against that, it’s hsppened several times before. 

you might not get the insane % rises like the early adopters have gotten, but could easily still get a few hundred % in bitcoin. it will be Bitcoin not some other alt, or something to come along later. 

HOLA444

The caveat is 1. A new, better tech replaces bitcoin and/or 2. Govts find a way to contain it. I've seen no evidence of 1. and as the network grows ,in any case, it's harder to unseat and 2. similar tech with bittorrent file sharing downloads/uploads proved impossible to control by anyone and currently comprises almost half the network traffic on the entire internet.

HOLA445
HOLA446

The crazy thing is that it’s all code with can change with consensus. anything better comes along, bitcoin just adopts it’s best features and makes the ‘better’ thing worthless again.

its the user base and network effect which makes bitcoin more valuable. it can’t be unevented, bitcoin is years ahead of the rest in development and useage. it’s proven and secure. 

I think it’s interesting looking at the amount of people who piled into risky alts, and then obviously got burnt. it just shows most people are not interested in the fundamentals, they just care about a quick unrealistic % gain. it’s greed. A lot of the crytasism that comes from people does stem from missing out. 

bitcoin is not like the housing market. it’s open to everyone, you can buy small amounts, leverage is not really a factor. if you didn’t spend the time to read and understand the world changing possibilities of bitcoin, especially set against the social economical, historical and phycological backdrop then now is the time to get educated, stop being lazy and get a small position in bitcoin. 

so many people have called it dead before. And time and time again they were wrong. 

HOLA447
5 minutes ago, jiltedjen said:

Bitcoin is further cementing it’s dominace in the crypto market gaining more market share. Alts are falling hard, typical hype pump and dumps. 

Narco reading your posts you seem keen on crypto, but not current crypto. you want it to succeed but on some new coin not yet invented yet, one I presume you will have the foresight to notice and buy before everyone else? 

It does very much read like you missed the boat and by continuing to not actually buy any bitcoin at now quite low prices your determined never to own any. 

i don’t see any reason bitcoin won’t continue to grow rapidly, and have several more bubbles along the way as that rapid growth gets very over-heated. doesn’t seem a strong argument against that, it’s hsppened several times before. 

you might not get the insane % rises like the early adopters have gotten, but could easily still get a few hundred % in bitcoin. it will be Bitcoin not some other alt, or something to come along later. 

I'm a long term crypto bull but not with this current generation of coins.

My first Bitcoin experience was a miserable overnight wait for it to arrive in my wallet. My last Bitcoin experience was a 45 minute wait to get 2 confirmations on Binance while sitting there constantly refreshing the block explorer. 

Bitcoin can quite happily sit there attempting to be "Digital Gold" but I'm looking for a coin that will emerge as a legitimate coin for real world day to day adoption. I don't see Litecoin or Bcash filling that role either. 

I've got very specific criteria for what this coin will look like. Nano meets some of this criteria (ie - instant, free, scalable on chain) but it's not perfect. I see Nano being a great fiat gateway coin but fails on the privacy aspect.  

HOLA448
17 minutes ago, jiltedjen said:

The Bitcoin dominance increase is a mirage due to it being the primary Alt trading pair and one of the only coins with a fiat exit. 

On the other hand 90 % of all Alts are complete bust and wont be around in a few years. 

HOLA449
2 hours ago, jiltedjen said:

The crazy thing is that it’s all code with can change with consensus. anything better comes along, bitcoin just adopts it’s best features and makes the ‘better’ thing worthless again.

And this is happening. Bitcoin is on the verge of getting anonymous transactions and smart contracts, probably better designed than any of the originals, mainly because the largest network attracts the best and deepest pool of engineers

HOLA4410
59 minutes ago, evetsm said:

And this is happening. Bitcoin is on the verge of getting anonymous transactions and smart contracts, probably better designed than any of the originals, mainly because the largest network attracts the best and deepest pool of engineers

Bitcoin Core is looking like some patched up Frankenstein coin. BCash is more like Satoshi's vision and actually functions better.

At the end of the day you can't polish a turd and change the entire design of the coin. 

Edited by narco

HOLA4411
18 minutes ago, narco said:

The Bitcoin dominance increase is a mirage due to it being the primary Alt trading pair and one of the only coins with a fiat exit. 

Traders like BTC pairs because they use BTC to filter out general market movements vs fiat .If your trading inside the market you trade BTC<->X if your trading the market vs fiat you trade BTC<->fiat because your getting the purest general market pricing. Hence most trading will always be a BTC pair no matter what alternatives exist.

Also most of the exchanges with fiat ramps support ETH and LTC fait pairs.

BTC is here to stay. Get over it.

Your say yourself that 90% of alts will fail, so whats the smart play - BTC right ?. Oh I forgot you, uniquely, have the ability to pick the winners and losers. Anyway I get the impression that you dont have skin in the game, or maybe a best a few grand in couple of shitcoins.

Edited by goldbug9999

HOLA4412

also there are millions of miners, mining alts and being paid in bitcoin. 

a wall of selling alts, and constant buying of bitcoins. 

so many mechanisms in place to keep bitcoin domanent forever more. 

or just magically pick the future winner somehow? 

HOLA4413
7 minutes ago, goldbug9999 said:

Your say yourself that 90% of alts will fail, so whats the smart play - BTC right ?. Oh I forgot you, uniquely, have the ability to pick the winners and losers. Anyway I get the impression that you dont have skin in the game, or maybe a best a few grand in couple of shitcoins.

It only takes some basic research and forward thinking to see why BTC is a bust longer term.

Numptys like you dive in blindly, follow the crowd, listen to pumping shills and will end up bag holding. I bet you're sat on coins purchased near $20k and are going to ride it down to $1,360.

Those who have any chance of succeeding with their crypto investments will need to possess more than two brain cells. 

HOLA4414
17 minutes ago, jiltedjen said:

or just magically pick the future winner somehow? 

I've explained what the future mass adopted coin will look like. The only task is to find it early enough during inception and not when it's done a 10,000% moonshot. This coin doesn't yet exist but it will and the success criteria is clear:

1) Decentralised.

2) Instant transactions.

3) Zero transaction fees.

4) Scalable on chain.

5) Private (debatable).

You could add things like wide and fair distribution spread and energy efficiency to the list. The privacy aspect is debatable since it would need fiat gateways. 

Edited by narco

HOLA4415
2 hours ago, narco said:

Bitcoin Core is looking like some patched up Frankenstein coin. BCash is more like Satoshi's vision and actually functions better.

Any facts to this ?

In 2017 Bitcoin had 874 individual contributers to the code

- Git contributors (merged code): 161 - GitHub contributors: 713

Btrash may have had 10 at it's peak and probably now has 1.

Centralized point of failure evidenced on the unilateral decision by the one btrash dev ,deadalnix, to reuse op-codes that Satoshi previously eliminated. The rest of the devs (both of them) quit.

Satoshi's Vision is that the opcodes are a security hole.

Edited by evetsm

HOLA4416
22 minutes ago, narco said:

I've explained what the future mass adopted coin will look like. The only task is to find it early enough during inception and not when it's done a 10,000% moonshot. This coin doesn't yet exist but it will and the success criteria is clear:

1) Decentralised.

2) Instant transactions.

4) Scalable on chain.

5) Private (debatable).

You could add things like wide and fair distribution spread and energy efficiency to the list. The privacy aspect is debatable since it would need fiat gateways. 

Right so to summarise ... you've missed the boat this time round, and are going to compound your error by sitting on the sidelines during this mini crash.

HOLA4417
37 minutes ago, narco said:

Numptys like you dive in blindly, follow the crowd, listen to pumping shills and will end up bag holding. I bet you're sat on coins purchased near $20k and are going to ride it down to $1,360.

I bought in 2013, you can go and check this thread history.

HOLA4418
1 minute ago, goldbug9999 said:

I bought in 2013, you can go and check this thread history.

Well I hope you took your profits at the top as it looks like there's plenty of downside room here. 

If $5k doesn't hold, we're looking at $1,360 which is almost 2013 levels. 

BTC.PNG

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
7 minutes ago, maverick73 said:

I saw across someone who ploughed £100k in @ 20K a pop... I laugh as I watch this shift down gears and continues back to naught... :ph34r:

Oh dear. Another one that looks absolutely dreadful is Ethereum. 

If $400 doesn't hold, I don't see anything until $100 or even $60.

The current crypto market isn't a dip. It's a total collapse which is going to take years to come back. 

ETH.PNG

Edited by narco

HOLA4421
46 minutes ago, narco said:

It only takes some basic research and forward thinking to see why BTC is a bust longer term.

Those who have any chance of succeeding with their crypto investments will need to possess more than two brain cells. 

Lol. Read this thread from the beginning and A) See who are are the first page, and B ) who are on the first 10 pages, then come back and say sorry, many Crypto Holders here are sitting on tens to hundreds of thousands worth in $$,

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
42 minutes ago, narco said:

1) Decentralised.

2) Instant transactions.

4) Scalable on chain.

5) Private (debatable).

Also, this is typical thinking of someone with no/little skin in the game. if you've a substantial sum stored in crypto your criteria are somewhat different: stuff like having to spend more electricity than ireland consumes to steal the money come into play.

HOLA4424
6 minutes ago, markyh said:

Lol. Read this thread from the beginning and A) See who are are the first page, and B ) who are on the first 10 pages, then come back and say sorry, many Crypto Holders here are sitting on tens to hundreds of thousands worth in $$,

That certainly explains the Bitcoin maximalism going on here then. :lol:

Being in early is one thing but getting out at the right time is another. It looks like the retirement parties are about to be put on hold.

HOLA4425
On ‎22‎/‎10‎/‎2013 at 9:10 PM, sombreroloco said:

Ponzi scheme. Eventually it will go down to its intrinsic value, £0.

I love this Game. One for Narco from Page 2 in 2013. You don't know it yet but this is you in 2023, when BTC has passed $1m. Mind you he didn't set a date so anyone can say this about any asset class with an unlimited time scale as one day the Earth will be burnt to a crisp when SOL turns into a Red Giant.

Sorry for you, but you mentioned timescales which will make you an even bigger target for ridicule in the next few years.