House Price Crash Forum

George Zimmerman Found Not Guilty.....

Darkman

HOLA441

Personally I'm unsure what really happened, and I'm inclined to have faith in the legal system rather than jump to conclusions. I did half-expect Zimmerman to be convicted of some kind of offence though tbh. But apparently not. Now sit and watch the riots... possibly. Florida has a fair few racially segregated and very dangerous areas. I think this could really kick off :ph34r:

George Zimmerman, the Florida neighbourhood watchman who shot dead an unarmed black 17-year-old male last year, has been found not guilty.

Lawyers for Mr Zimmerman, 29, argued he acted in self-defence and with justifiable use of deadly force in the death of Trayvon Martin.

The jury retired on Friday to consider its verdict on charges of either second-degree murder or manslaughter.

The case sparked a fierce debate about racial profiling in the US.

Protesters are gathering, reports the BBC's David Willis, in Sanford, the Florida town where the shooting took place.

Police and community leaders have appealed for calm.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-23304198

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

Personally I'm unsure what really happened, and I'm inclined to have faith in the legal system rather than jump to conclusions. I did half-expect Zimmerman to be convicted of some kind of offence though tbh. But apparently not. Now sit and watch the riots... possibly. Florida has a fair few racially segregated and very dangerous areas. I think this could really kick off :ph34r:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-23304198

And as usual the people getting hurt the most will be those living in the poorest areas and trying to run businesses....

HOLA443

Personally I'm unsure what really happened, and I'm inclined to have faith in the legal system rather than jump to conclusions.

That is a really good attitude to take :)

I haven't really followed this case but what interested me from the start was the idea of these gated communities guarded by 'Neighborhood Watch' type organizations with guns. The fear these people much live with on a daily basis to be surrounded by a wall and protected by a bunch of adolescents with pistols.

Truly a horrific society.

HOLA444

Zimmerman is an Hispanic who did Neighbourhood watch patrols.

he followed Martin who was acting suspiciously.

Martin attacked Zimmerman and pinned him to the ground and repeatedly punched him in the head which was hitting the ground...

Unable to get up and punch back, he reached for the gun and shot.

In spite of this evidence and forensics backing up the story, there has been a concerted campaign that the entirely innocent Martin had been to the shops to buy some sweets...pictures published showed him as a young skinny teenager, when in fact he was a large gang member with gold teeth and a attitude...and convictions I gather for drug dealing and violence.

Somebody has stirred this up...thats why its on the news and the trial was televised....witnesses lied in court, one couldnt even read the statement she purported to have written herself.

Obama has become personally involved too...said Martin was the son he never had...odd that he jumps onthis injustice, yet does nothing about all the other crimes his own government openly commits.

HOLA445
HOLA446

Zimmerman is an Hispanic who did Neighbourhood watch patrols.

he followed Martin who was acting suspiciously.

Martin attacked Zimmerman and pinned him to the ground and repeatedly punched him in the head which was hitting the ground...

Unable to get up and punch back, he reached for the gun and shot.

In spite of this evidence and forensics backing up the story, there has been a concerted campaign that the entirely innocent Martin had been to the shops to buy some sweets...pictures published showed him as a young skinny teenager, when in fact he was a large gang member with gold teeth and a attitude...and convictions I gather for drug dealing and violence.

Somebody has stirred this up...thats why its on the news and the trial was televised....witnesses lied in court, one couldnt even read the statement she purported to have written herself.

Obama has become personally involved too...said Martin was the son he never had...odd that he jumps onthis injustice, yet does nothing about all the other crimes his own government openly commits.

Bit of a lopsided analysis there lol.

HOLA447

Well... When the other bloke is not around to tell his side of the story, it can't be any other way can it. Really haven't followed the details of this one closely, but strikes me as a classic case of insufficient evidence to do anything else apart from acquit.

HOLA448
HOLA449

It does sound like it, doesnt it....but the court case was the court case....witnesses that werent, Chief of Police fired for refusing to proceed with the case due to evidence, the whistleblower sacked for telling the defence the prosecution were witholding electronic evidence, PRESIDENTIAL involvement...DOJ shipping protesters in and doing their own campaign.

Yes, there is something lopsided about this case. The jury saw it too..

The Martin side has been put strongly in the MSM>..and they are unhappy now.

HOLA4410

It does sound like it, doesnt it....but the court case was the court case....witnesses that werent, Chief of Police fired for refusing to proceed with the case due to evidence, the whistleblower sacked for telling the defence the prosecution were witholding electronic evidence, PRESIDENTIAL involvement...DOJ shipping protesters in and doing their own campaign.

Yes, there is something lopsided about this case. The jury saw it too..

The Martin side has been put strongly in the MSM>..and they are unhappy now.

Ok let's start.

What EVIDENCE do you have that Martin was "acting suspiciously?

HOLA4411

Ok let's start.

I dont need any...The defence showed that Zimmerman followed the known gangster...he may have been stupid to do so, but, he was on the neighbourhood watch.

the term implies, a, he knew and lived in the neighbourhood, b. and he was watching..

Zimmerman wasnt charged with following in a manner to incite...He was sucker punched and bashed to the ground and pinned. All by a young innocent who was shopping for sweets. yeah right.

a jury found him innocent of murder, murder 2 and manslaughter, in spite of illegal judicial actions by the judge, who also seemed to have an agenda.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-zimmerman-evidence-firing-20130713,0,4147108.story

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Ok let's start.

Lets just add in what is going on in the US.

There is a major campaign going on to encourage people to shop wrongdoers...its called See something, Say something.

http://www.dhs.gov/if-you-see-something-say-something-campaign.

What do people expect to happen when citizens are asked by Government to tattle on fellows....

HOLA4415

Will all the reactionary gun jumpers now apologise? The Stephen Lawrence foundation inviting over the Martin family to show 'solidarity'? Two black lads killed by wacist brutes? Except one wasnt...

Obama for saying if he had a son he could have been a brutal sadistic thug?

Thought not. All it took was a few months of waiting, but no. Emotions first, facts later (ideally never)

Im not a fan of the (to say the least) rather open to interpretation 'stand your ground' florida laws, but the law is the law, and it was clear that even if it is a stupid law, Zimmerman acted in accordance with it.

HOLA4416

I haven't really followed this case but what interested me from the start was the idea of these gated communities guarded by 'Neighborhood Watch' type organizations with guns. The fear these people much live with on a daily basis to be surrounded by a wall and protected by a bunch of adolescents with pistols.

Whats the alternative?

The whites literally live in fortresses in South Africa...not much of a life if you ask me, but than if the alternative is a machete attack...

That reminds me, what of pistorius...bet he's hoping theres a stand your ground law in SA!

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

Whats the alternative?

The whites literally live in fortresses in South Africa...not much of a life if you ask me, but than if the alternative is a machete attack...

That reminds me, what of pistorius...bet he's hoping theres a stand your ground law in SA!

He doesn't have a leg to stand on imho.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422

Wasn't there so i'm not going to argue the verdict was wrong in law.

It's the law itself that is wrong.

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2012/03/20/deaths-nearly-triple-since-stand-your-ground-enacted/

Indeed. If you want to kill someone in Florida, all you have to do is provoke them to attack you, and you are then legally entitled to shoot them dead. Utterly crazy. (IMO).

HOLA4423

I have followed this case. 'Gated community' always seems to imply to me significant wealth. The community GZ patrolled was just an American new build estate not dissimilar to their British equivalent. These were not wealthy people and this was not a wealthy community. Its just average punters with mortgages trying to get by. Take a look at the estate where the shooting happened:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX1sxARNq_c

Yes they live in fear. George Zimmerman was not an adolescent. He was a good man doing his best to be a good neighbour. You can see this in the testimony of Olivia Bertalan:

This young woman had to lock herself in a son's bedroom holding her son whilst two teenage burglars ransacked her home and tried to get into the bedroom she had locked her self in. Fast forward to about 15 minutes to see the appreciation she had for George Zimmerman's kindness and help.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Indeed. If you want to kill someone in Florida, all you have to do is provoke them to attack you, and you are then legally entitled to shoot them dead. Utterly crazy. (IMO).

Yeah, the provocation Trayvon Martin had to endure would have tested the resolve of the toughest SAS trooper. Any normal person would have leapt out of the bushes punched the provocateur to the ground, straddled his chest, pinning him down whilst beating his face and pummeling his head into the ground. Any reasonable person would do that when provoked in such a way.

What was the provocation again?

Oh, yeah, George got out of his car, on his own housing estate, to try and figure out what a youth acting suspiciously was doing on his estate which had suffered a number of burglaries and home invasions.

Yeah, anyone would have snapped when under such circumstances.

Archived