House Price Crash Forum

Little Dutch Thread -- bubble burst -- merged

HOLA441

..the UK is 'escaping' because the previous and this government have inserted artificial props to support House Prices....Osborne is morphing into Brown to develop another bubble with his fancy mortgage scheme which uses taxpayers money!....how dim can you get..?..the sooner we have an election the better to vote for a party who is willing to face up to our issues ...not treat financial sewage with more financial sewage...what did they teach these people at Eton ...?....they are not exactly the team sporting type ....all we want is common sense as a starter ...the rest usually falls in place after that..... :rolleyes:

So who do you have in mind as 'a party who is willing to face up to our issues ...'? :)

HOLA442

No; RTCW (Return To Castle Wolfenstein) which only has a few 10s players left in the multiplayer, from its release in 2001. Was very popular for years, with many thousands of players from Europe and US playing the multiplayer maps. Loads of NL players especially. Was great fun with the headsets and on ventrilo for voice-comms in game to coordinate tactics on the battle field. Never did manage to beat one of the higher ranking German clans in the Alpha League which called our UK clan 'Island Monkeys' in the countdown to a match, before the game began to lose players to newer games.

That takes me back! RTCW was the only online game I've ever really seriously played and enjoyed. ("Kittycarnage" server in '03? No clans, just a good atmosphere). RTCW multiplayer was great fun, simple and clear. the master server is discontinued now tho :(

I give up with modern games, too involved and too complex. At least with RTCW it all resets in 15 mins or so :)

HOLA443
HOLA444
RTCW multiplayer was great fun, simple and clear. the master server is discontinued now tho :(

I give up with modern games, too involved and too complex. At least with RTCW it all resets in 15 mins or so :)

Cool you also played and enjoyed it. v51 (affirmative) to all the above; fully agree. Yeah I recall Kittycarnage and played on that public a few times. Activision did drop support for the master server list of available servers a year or so ago. There's a small program called Pathfinder you can download which shows the small number of servers running. Also there's a webpage which refreshes every minute or so listing servers that are running, where you can grab the IP and /connect directly after loading the MP or RtCW. There a couple of public low-pinging UK still up and running. Mad4Wolf server still running but many times passworded. And a few OSP modded ones. There's not many players though compared to the old days.

BTW re house prices and home-owners;

v15 (Fire in the hole)

v53 (The enemy is weakened)

v55 (Bye).

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

"Michel Scheepens is familiar with risk. The 41-year-old oversees the energy market for the Dutch bank ING, and it's his job to determine whether his employer should finance such projects as a wind farm in Cyprus or a gas-fired power plant in Turkey."

Nice job. Into the office at 9, a "no" and a "yes" and then off to the pub?

The Michael Sheep Pens gives the article away as a wind up?

HOLA448

Shameless bump but it seems the topic is still running.

Could it be that if Holland really does go roots up then it will be the catalyst for a northern European implosion similar to what has happened in southern europe? ( I am moving Ireland to the Med momentarily here). Is financial integration between the northern european countries deeper than between the north and south? Or indeed between the countries of the south themselves?

Could Holland be the Cyprus of the north? Will we soon all be refering to a new set of post netherland financial vapourization countries, still swimming but only with the help of astonishingly large bubble shaped waterwings, all in severe difficulty and known as the Baffled (Belgium, Austria, Finland, France, Luxembourg and, the dutch)? I think they will be baffled, as, just like most in the UK, they sure aint expecting that north sea surge!!

I'm sure you know the answers to these questions better than I do. So lets hear 'em.

Muggers.

• 2 weeks later...
HOLA449

Dutch Delusion: Europe's Core, She Rots Some More

http://theautomaticearth.com/Finance/dutch-delusion-europes-core-she-rots-some-more.html

A report published Thursday by the real estate industry in the Netherlands states that the average home price is now 18% lower than it was at the peak in 2008, while detached homes lost 20%-25% (March 2013 YoY prices fell 6.8%, says Eurostat). A separate, earlier, report estimated that 20% of homes, or over 1 million, are now underwater.

Today's report comes hot on the heels of a study issued Wednesday by a government commission, which took a full year to prepare and 121 pages to explain what went wrong in the Dutch housing bubble, and what should be done now to correct it.

The core problem is simple: from 1995 to 2008 home prices more than tripled (rose 200%+). Hence, if we round off to a 20% drop from peak levels, or 60% from 1995 levels when prices were a third of what they were in 2008, there's still an increase of about 150% from the starting levels that needs to be dealt with. We can discount for, and let's be generous, perhaps 50% for overall price inflation, but that still leaves us with a 100% increase, which is quite a bit more than the 60% absorbed so far.

HOLA4410
  • 1 month later...
HOLA4411

It look as though house prices in the Netherlands remain under severe pressure. I am surprised it is not mentioned on here more!

So if we review the credit fueled boom in the housing markets of the Netherlands we see that the last thing it needs is what it is getting as shown below.

Prices of existing owner-occupied dwellings were on average 7.6 percent lower in April 2013 than in April 2012. The price drop is larger than in the previous month when house prices dropped by 7.0 percent.

As we note the acceleration we can also gain perspective from this part of the report.

Prices of existing owner-occupied dwellings were at the same level in April 2013 as in the spring 2003. They were 19.5 percent down from August 2008, when house prices reached a record high.

Putting it another way the index (2010=100) peaked at 106.9 in August 2008 and as of April was at 86.

http://www.mindfulmoney.co.uk/wp/shaun-richards/the-netherlands-looks-as-if-a-second-credit-crunch-is-tightening-its-grip-on-it/

Also it seems to have been done in a very risky fashion

Statistics Netherlands has taken a look at the mortgage market.

More than half of Dutch households have interest-only mortgages

What could go wrong?