House Price Crash Forum

Tesco Clubcard Qe

R K

HOLA441

I'm sure we've had a thread on this before but can't just find it

The interesting point is Tescos claim to be 'reprinting' previously unused vouchers.

(Anecdotal) I've had a couple of these this week. Anyone else?

It's essentially 'cash' though I suppose technically it's 'discounting'.

http://www.talkingretail.com/news/industry-news/tesco%E2%80%99s-clubcard-exchange-scheme-returns-for-christmas-trade

Crook said: “For the first time, we’re also reprinting unspent vouchers for 2.5 million customers to make sure they can take full advantage of Christmas Exchange. We really don’t want people to miss out so we’re making it even easier for members to claim previously unspent vouchers.”

As their results worsen they're increasing the discounting in an attempt to increase t/o. At some point they're going to meet themselves coming the other way. Who doesn't like free cash?

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

How do you know it is a reprinted one?

They say 'REPRINTED' on them and appear to have the 'original' expiry date. e.g. Nov 2012 instead of the usual 2 years ahead expiry.

The other 2.5 million won't have my thumb on them, obviously.

1z307ed.jpg

Edited by Red Knight

HOLA446

I'm sure we've had a thread on this before but can't just find it

The interesting point is Tescos claim to be 'reprinting' previously unused vouchers.

(Anecdotal) I've had a couple of these this week. Anyone else?

It's essentially 'cash' though I suppose technically it's 'discounting'.

http://www.talkingretail.com/news/industry-news/tesco%E2%80%99s-clubcard-exchange-scheme-returns-for-christmas-trade

As their results worsen they're increasing the discounting in an attempt to increase t/o. At some point they're going to meet themselves coming the other way. Who doesn't like free cash?

Aren't they also doing a "government" selling stores to boost short term income? At the cost of future liabilities renting them back, or is it just a tax advantage? Like the government taking over the Royal Mail pension fund but taking on higher future liabilites.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

Ah, that is interesting isn't it. Nope, not had any of those.

In the past fortnight I have noticed Tesco aggressively discounting foodstuffs so much so that I have noticed my local main store to now be very busy. Back in the Summer, when Tesco prices went silly, the story became almost deserted.

My local mini Tesco is trying products at X price for a day or so and then if they don't sell at that price they reduce the price to Y.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

I should add that the "convert £5 of vouchers to £10" etc offer includes frozen food.

Anyone not buying frozen food this xmas?

So it does. Well spotted.

The 12 departments taking part in Christmas exchange are: toys and bikes, clothing, Finest wines and Finest Champagnes, Christmas trees, lights and decorations, domestic appliances and personal electrical goods, home and furniture, phones and accessories, books, skincare, cosmetics and fragrances, opticians, horticulture (flowers and plants) and frozen food

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

I have to admit I haven't been to a supermarket for 2 months.

I get my food delivered now and it is soooooooo much less hassle.

I coughed up the £60 for 6 months "free" delivery - delivery-up-front. (As many deliveries as you like provided order is over £40.)

My delivery spot is friday night. Normally, I would have to pay £5.50 per delivery as it's a "peak" slot. With the delivery saver is costs about £2 a pop. On average, at least 1 items gets refunded by the driver (but I get to keep it) because it's short-dated... mostly stuff I was going to put in the freezer anyway. Getting food delivered is cheaper as a result, and that's before you allow for me not being tempted by the special offers.

HOLA4417

I have to admit I haven't been to a supermarket for 2 months.

I get my food delivered now and it is soooooooo much less hassle.

I coughed up the £60 for 6 months "free" delivery - delivery-up-front. (As many deliveries as you like provided order is over £40.)

My delivery spot is friday night. Normally, I would have to pay £5.50 per delivery as it's a "peak" slot. With the delivery saver is costs about £2 a pop. On average, at least 1 items gets refunded by the driver (but I get to keep it) because it's short-dated... mostly stuff I was going to put in the freezer anyway. Getting food delivered is cheaper as a result, and that's before you allow for me not being tempted by the special offers.

Unless you are a big user of the discount counter, usually about 80% off on bread (which is freezable) and fruit and vegetables (which seem to last about three weeks in the fridge after the sell by). Tend to shop at Tesco, because they are the only supermarket that seems to discount big mid-evening, leaving a trolley load for under a tenner.

HOLA4418

Unless you are a big user of the discount counter, usually about 80% off on bread (which is freezable) and fruit and vegetables (which seem to last about three weeks in the fridge after the sell by). Tend to shop at Tesco, because they are the only supermarket that seems to discount big mid-evening, leaving a trolley load for under a tenner.

90% off after 9 at the local extra.