House Price Crash Forum

Europes Tallest Building On Fire And In Danger Of Collapsing

HOLA441

Not always

Europe was everything west of the German Empire - with Russia to the East and the Ottoman Empire to the south east. The divide being a line from the German Baltic to the Black sea

[pic]http://upload.wikime...ces_1914-en.svg[/pic]

Some history being re-written there

all this debate...just proves to me Injin is correct...Countries are a figment of the imagination.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443

all this debate...just proves to me Injin is correct...Countries are a figment of the imagination.

To a solipsist everything other than 'self' is a figment of the imagination.

We each demarcate between self and non-self, subjective and objective, illusion and reality, etc. in a continuous, dynamic, idiosyncratic, error-prone attempt to make sense of the world. There is scope for much ambiguity and uncertainty.

It can be a lot of fun. :lol:

HOLA444
HOLA445

compare images of damage done to building 6 vs damage done to building 7

Compare brain of conspiracy theorist and brain of politician

(this doesn't actually show you anything, but you get to remove two useless brains, so there's that...)

HOLA446
HOLA447

Compare brain of conspiracy theorist and brain of politician

The official narrative for 9/11 is a conspiracy theory - 19 young Arabs conspired ... etc.

Almost all politicians publicly support this theory.

Most 9/11 sceptics support no particular theory, they simply question the official narrative and point out its contradictions, anomalies, omissions etc.

HOLA448

The official narrative for 9/11 is a conspiracy theory - 19 young Arabs conspired ... etc.

Almost all politicians publicly support this theory.

Most 9/11 sceptics support no particular theory, they simply question the official narrative and point out its contradictions, anomalies, omissions etc.

People will be inconclusively arguing the toss over the technical minutiae of the WTC collapses for years to come. Scrutiny of the Zapruder film is still going strong four decades after it was made publicly available. Conclusive results so far? Approximately nada

HOLA449

Indeed. Is is very surprising that an unprecedented and (publicly) surprise attack on multiple buildings, with fires, multiple collapses, and thousands of deaths would leave any inconsistencies in the record..

(The above statement is sarcasm, by the way. Try and remember the Tom Clancy novels are in the fiction section)

The whole 'questioning the official story (or a preferred version of the official story)' line is classic crankery/denialism. You see it everywhere - from Creationists, global warming deniers, holocaust deniers, abiotic-oil freaks, anti-vax freaks, AIDS deniers, whatever.. It's just especially pronounced with 9/11 CTers because their 'alternative' hypotheses are so obviously and trivially stupid.

HOLA4410

Indeed. Is is very surprising that an unprecedented and (publicly) surprise attack on multiple buildings, with fires, multiple collapses, and thousands of deaths would leave any inconsistencies in the record..

(The above statement is sarcasm, by the way. Try and remember the Tom Clancy novels are in the fiction section)

The whole 'questioning the official story (or a preferred version of the official story)' line is classic crankery/denialism. You see it everywhere - from Creationists, global warming deniers, holocaust deniers, abiotic-oil freaks, anti-vax freaks, AIDS deniers, whatever.. It's just especially pronounced with 9/11 CTers because their 'alternative' hypotheses are so obviously and trivially stupid.

My, you are naive. Your list of comparables at the end there, equating holocaust deniers with those who question the official narrative of that day is quite the nastiest piece of slander I've seen on this site.

The official 9/11 Commission's work and report were at best an incomplete exercise. Many people dismiss the findings of the Commission, and that includes its co-chairs [ Thomas Kean and Lee Hamilton ]

The words of Alan N. Sabrosky, PhD – Former Director of Studies, Strategic Studies Institute and holder of the General of the Army Douglas MacArthur Chair of Research, U.S. Army War College.

Go on, tell me he's another crank.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

equating holocaust deniers with those who question the official narrative of that day is quite the nastiest piece of slander I've seen on this site.

I think it's equating the techniques* rather than the underlying beliefs, which seems fair enough.

* which basically boil down to "have a gazillion questions and as soon as one is answered, move on to the next, and at no point accept that any question being answered in any way affects the strength of your argument."

HOLA4413

Right on script, well done!!

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that response #394 cut-n-paste to a CT thread, it's a very good one, seen it a few times.;)

Are there any official naratives that are not beyond reproach?

What about the people who questioned the existance of WMD in Iraq - do they fall in with the Jew haters as well?

You really are a tool, in every sense of the word. :P

HOLA4414

What about the people who questioned the existance of WMD in Iraq - do they fall in with the Jew haters as well?

But WMD is something of an own-goal - a conspiracy so lacking in plausibility that it fell apart even as it was being acted on. They couldn't even get one CIA agent to keep his mouth shut. (of course a TRUE truther would claim that it was made deliberately inept so as to make it seem impossible that 9/11 could have been organised by the same people).

BTW what's with the jew hater thing? Is there considered to be a correlation between anti-Semitism and Truthing? Genuinely curious...

HOLA4415

BTW what's with the jew hater thing? Is there considered to be a correlation between anti-Semitism and Truthing? Genuinely curious...

It's the subtle [sic] inference that Fluffster implies in his list of like-minded conspiriloons, or something along those lines.

Given a chance he'd have got paedophile in there somewhere as well. :lol:

HOLA4416

It's the subtle [sic] inference that Fluffster implies in his list of like-minded conspiriloons, or something along those lines.

Well, he also mentioned anti-vax (sic) freaks. You could always align yourself with those... hmmm, to identify with neo-Nazis or middle-class mums in Islington... hang on, I'm thinking...

HOLA4417

Thermodynamics doesn't work like that.

The amount of energy you would need to put in to heat the steel to softening point is immense.

Writing as a metallurgist who used to work in a rolling mill, I can state that you don't have to put 'immense' amounts of energy into steel to soften it for hot working. It's one of the main reasons why steel is so useful a material, and why it is so extremely popular.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

My, you are naive. Your list of comparables at the end there, equating holocaust deniers with those who question the official narrative of that day is quite the nastiest piece of slander I've seen on this site.

That's quite painfully bad logic.

'Murderers use axes. Lumberjacks use axes. Therefore all Murderers are Lumberjacks.'

Or:

Group X use discredited rhetorical technique A. Group Y use discredited rhetorical technique A. Morons think that this means Group X and Y hold the same beliefs.

The words of Alan N. Sabrosky, PhD – Former Director of Studies, Strategic Studies Institute and holder of the General of the Army Douglas MacArthur Chair of Research, U.S. Army War College.

Go on, tell me he's another crank.

The investigation was incomplete - depends on your definition of 'complete'.

Many people reject it - D'Oh.

HOLA4420

Well, he also mentioned anti-vax freaks. You could always align yourself with those... hmmm, to identify with neo-Nazis or middle-class mums in Islington... hang on, I'm thinking...

Sorry, if you don't accept the official narrative then it matters not that you're from Islington, a mum or middle class - you hate jews.

It does however get really wierd if you are a Jewish middle class mum from Islington, surely you can't be a Jew hater then. :blink:

HOLA4421

Right on script, well done!!

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that response #394 cut-n-paste to a CT thread, it's a very good one, seen it a few times.;)

It needs repeating. There are people who are extremely slow on the uptake.

Are there any official naratives that are not beyond reproach?

All historical narratives are provisional. Some are more provisional than others.

You really are a tool, in every sense of the word. :P

Let's hope your life never depends on the ability to use formal logic.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
Writing as a metallurgist who used to work in a rolling mill, I can state that you don't have to put 'immense' amounts of energy into steel to soften it for hot working. It's one of the main reasons why steel is so useful a material, and why it is so extremely popular.

No you would put a lot of heat into a very small area. My point is still valid, a building fire wouldn't concentrate the heat in a small enough area fast enough.

HOLA4425

It needs repeating. There are people who are extremely slow on the uptake.

Worrying ins't it?

All historical narratives are provisional. Some are more provisional than others.

So questioning them is not unreasonable?

Let's hope your life never depends on the ability to use formal logic.

Two people saw right through your 'smeer by association' trick, so don't start spouting about logic, logic has got nothing to do with it.

Let's look at it again..

What is IT that all these groups share? :)

Archived