House Price Crash Forum

More Conspiracy Theory

large

HOLA441

If I were a conspiracy theorist I would suspect that David Cameron was an illuminati backed candidate for Tory Leader. It's weird how he's suddenly 'the only choice', and the clear 'front runner'. The telegraph published a 'grassroots poll', but only 600 Tory activists were contacted. Odd stories surface about Davies dropping out at the next stage. It all seems like there is a huge media/powers that be, attempt to make us see him as the inevitable leader.

No wonder people are dissillusioned with our democracy.

Edited by large

HOLA442
HOLA443

I think you are a conspiracy theorist, but don't get too paranoid!

How many more people need to be polled for you to be satisfied? 1000, 5,000 etc?

I assume that you will say that they only polled those that they thought were going to vote for him in the first place!

Was this the same fawning media that was trying to make him out to be a crazed druggie last week perchance? :rolleyes:;)

I really don't understand what point you are trying to get across. Are you a tory, peeved that you may not get achance to vote on the leader of the conservatives?

Or are you a Nu Lab stooge, in which case what do you care other than to try and discredit him?

HOLA444

If I were a conspiracy theorist I would suspect that David Cameron was an illuminati backed candidate for Tory Leader. It's weird how he's suddenly 'the only choice', and the clear 'front runner'. The telegraph published a 'grassroots poll', but only 600 Tory activists were contacted. Odd stories surface about Davies dropping out at the next stage. It all seems like there is a huge media/powers that be, attempt to make us see him as the inevitable leader.

No wonder people are dissillusioned with our democracy.

The truth is out there.

It is for the good of the country that the tories sort their leader out ASAP. Without one there is no one to even pretend to object to blair's laws.

Problem is, who is Cameron and what can he do. I've never seen him grill the PM or Brown in parliment, will he cut it? I hope so, after Ken Clarke's demise we need strong opposition. None of the remaining three are convincing IMO.

Edited by Golden Shower

HOLA445

TBH I cna't tell them apart... is cameron the one who might have smoked at uni, as opposed to clarke who makes smokes and DD well ... exactly I know nothing about them.

They need someone who can sleaze and smarm in the manner of TB - and of course also master the pause to good effect.

HOLA446

David Cameron will only be a "Stop-Gap" leader until one of his supporters BORIS JOHNSON is ready to lead the Conservatives to power.

The Old Etonians have got this one sown up.

The spirit of Alec Dougla-Home lives on ..............Hurrah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOLA447

Yeah, vote in a Tony clone so the Tory party can out-Tony Tony.

Then Iran pops up, the economy tanks and everyone finally accepts Tony is a liar.

Will the general public be so accepting of this type of politician by this point?

Where will Cameron be then?

He has said lots without saying anything at all and will perpetuate political apathy/disillusion in this country.

Style over substance.

HOLA448

Personally I think Micheal Howard is right, it does not actually matter who they vote for, they wont win without a seriouse recesion allong the lines of the one Mrs Thatcher engineered. Will it happen? I hope not. I would like to be able to move house without spending the rest of my life paying for it. If Mr Blair et. al. can sort that out, then I will vote for them. If not then I wont.

HOLA449

Yeah, vote in a Tony clone so the Tory party can out-Tony Tony.

Then Iran pops up, the economy tanks and everyone finally accepts Tony is a liar.

Will the general public be so accepting of this type of politician by this point?

Where will Cameron be then?

He has said lots without saying anything at all and will perpetuate political apathy/disillusion in this country.

Style over substance.

i think your last comment does sum up david cameron very well but only to those (and that is most of the population) myself included,who do not know him or his attributes.who knows maybe he does have the capability to frighten and concern nu labour i think they deffinetely would have been happier if davis or clarke made it to leader as they have plenty of ammo to shoot them down,cameron well he is the great unknown.i am so sick of the sycophantic tony and gordon and will welcome a breath of fresh air be it cameron or fox and it would be so nice to finally have an opposition with some prospect of exposing nu labour for what they really are,not what the brainwashed sheeple see them as

HOLA4410

Clarke was the only one who opposed the Iraq war but he did have dodgy links with the tobacco industry. Cameron has been widely portrayed in the media as a Blair clone - "Tory Blair" - and may be good at winning elections and an expert spinner but lacking in substance - like our Mr Blair.

Scaramanga - i have sent you a PM.

Edited by penbat1

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

I think David Cameron will win the contest.

Todays voters - rightly or wrongly - demand a leader with charisma, someone who they can relate and look up to, just like Tony Blair in 1997. Like Bliar, he is a natural politician and an eloquent speaker and i think there is no other match for the two of them in government today.

Sadly politics is much more than the above so we'd better hope there's substance to back up the style.

HOLA4413

this one will be very interesting.

camerons main asset is his lack of black marks as he is an unknown.

if he gets the job as seems likely we will find out whether he is up to it.

remember that thatcher came from nowhere and did a fanatstic job.

whoever gets the job will only prevail if he builds a team of 5 or 6 really good and loyal lieutenants arounnd him.

i would prefer hague to come back

i think hague will stand again if the tories lose the next election.

the economy is likely to head south, but may not go into full blooded recession.

when blair goes, the unholy alliance between the old labour stalwarts and the nu labour lie merchants will come apart.

HOLA4414

this one will be very interesting.

camerons main asset is his lack of black marks as he is an unknown.

if he gets the job as seems likely we will find out whether he is up to it.

remember that thatcher came from nowhere and did a fanatstic job.

whoever gets the job will only prevail if he builds a team of 5 or 6 really good and loyal lieutenants arounnd him.

i would prefer hague to come back

i think hague will stand again if the tories lose the next election.

the economy is likely to head south, but may not go into full blooded recession.

when blair goes, the unholy alliance between the old labour stalwarts and the nu labour lie merchants will come apart.

Whether Cameron is any good or not is difficult to assess until, if and when he has been a PM for while. He could be inspirational and good at winning elections then be all mouth and no substance like Blair.

HOLA4415

I dont really see the probvlem of Mr Blair being all mouth and no substance or all spin or any of those things he is accused of. Just the opposite. He, like Mrs T before him, allways gives me the impression of being somewhat of a zelot brooking no uncertainty and letting nothing stand in the way of achieving his aims. Like any other type of zelot they both make me nervouse. What's wrong with Mr Clark. It would just be like have my dad as PM.

HOLA4416

david Cameron has no chance of being the countries leader. he might make a tory leader, but with a cocaine link he has no chance. hes finished.

the kind of people i know who take cocaine are not very pleasant people who have a need to be more confident that they are. they are not to be trusted. i walk when i see regular coke users. they generally do my head in.

had he smoked a joint, maybe. but not cocaine.

cocaine sums up his character perfectly.

HOLA4417

I dont really see the probvlem of Mr Blair being all mouth and no substance or all spin or any of those things he is accused of. Just the opposite. He, like Mrs T before him, allways gives me the impression of being somewhat of a zelot brooking no uncertainty and letting nothing stand in the way of achieving his aims. Like any other type of zelot they both make me nervouse. What's wrong with Mr Clark. It would just be like have my dad as PM.

Blair keeps on changing his mind. Every 5 minutes he comes up with a new initiative to sort out education or crime then that doesnt work so he keeps trying something else. Then he wakes up at 3 in the morning and thinks of "brainwaves" like foundation hospitals, id cards, city academies and then foists the idea on everyone else and bullies fellow labour MPs into submission and forces it through the Commons. Also Iraq was a major mistake.

Blair really should have worked out his ideas properly from the start.

I would have picked Clarke as Tories leader.

Edited by penbat1

HOLA4418

I think you are a conspiracy theorist, but don't get too paranoid!

Was this the same fawning media that was trying to make him out to be a crazed druggie last week perchance? :rolleyes:;)

Are you a tory, peeved that you may not get achance to vote on the leader of the conservatives?

Or are you a Nu Lab stooge, in which case what do you care other than to try and discredit him?

Good point about the drugs thing, I'd forgotten about that. Week in politics and all that. I'm not a Tory and agree with the sentiments below:

Tories f*cked the country - who gives a damn about such self-centred people! Hopefully, their demise will continue.

I just want to see a viable, ethical alternative to labour who I now detest, I don't want to see a Blair Clone, which Cameron obviously is. I just feel that politics is getting to the point where we don't have a real choice any more and a middle right agenda that keeps the corporations happy is the only type of politics we are going to have from now. Yes, I sound a bit of a loon if I call it a conspiracy, it almost certainly is not a 'deliberate' conspiracy where people meet in forest glades and sacrifice goats, but I feel there is a removal of power and choice from the electorate to protect the interest of big business. I want it to end, the society we are creating is horrid.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

Well I'm quite surprised to check in today at HPC and find you all still talking about David Cameron. Especially the Tory haters.

And there was me thinking that we were not relevent anymore. :D:rolleyes:

The truth is out there.

Problem is, who is Cameron and what can he do. I've never seen him grill the PM or Brown in parliment, will he cut it?

Some of you have stated that you don't actually know what David Cameron stands for.

In his own words:

'The facts are stark. Our prison population has reached record levels, with 76,000 inmates, compared to 61,500 in 1997. Almost 70% of prisoners are illiterate. And all of the evidence shows that three elements do more than any other to prevent re-offending – secure relationships, employment and access to relevant skills and training.

So what should we do?

First – and this may sound odd – we need to build more prisons. Overcrowded jails are the sworn enemy of constructive prison regimes in general, and prison education in particular. If prisoners are locked in their cells for 23 hours a day – and many of them are – they cannot learn and are far less likely to mend their ways.'

and...

'There is no more serious step that a Government can take than to introduce detention without trial. Taking away the liberty of British citizens without first producing evidence, or having a proper process in front of a court, flies in the face of every notion of British justice. Yet this is what the Government is doing. Overstatement should be avoided – but this breaches the Magna Carta, Habeas Corpus and the Bill of Rights.'

and...

'Tony Blair is trying to push his anti-terrorism bill through Parliament. It includes proposals for detaining people without trial and "control orders" restricting their freedoms without first providing evidence or putting it in front of a court of law.

The Conservatives have real misgivings about this bill. We have improved as best we can in the House of Lords, but it is still deeply troubling. The right that no one should be able to take away our liberty without a trial goes to the heart of British justice.'

and...

'I am biased about the education chapter, because I helped to write it. But it contains a very clear and simple approach to improving standards in our schools. We will give parents more choice between schools. We will give heads more control over budgets, admissions and running their schools. We will have proper vocational alternatives for children who can be turned off by education. And, crucially, we will give them the final say about excluding pupils who disrupt the education of others. Discipline is one of the keys to a good education. After all, if the classroom is disrupted, no one can learn anything. I hope you will agree - that's not a bad start.'

and...

'At a recent surgery a young woman working just 21 hours a week told me how she was desperately worried about the revenue reclaiming money because of the shambles caused by the Chancellor’s hideously complex means tested family benefits. Everyone apart from the Chancellor realises that the system needs reform, but with paralysis at the heart of Government nothing will happen.

The same applies in other areas. Foundation Hospitals were turned from a good idea into a bureaucratic nightmare – by the Chancellor. The tax system becomes ever more complex – because of the Chancellor. The Police service and other public bodies are covered in red tape and targets – because of the Chancellor’s faith in centralisation. '

and finaly...

Interview with David Cameron in the Independent - 28/02/2005 (note the date)

David Cameron: 'Me as Tory leader? It's ridiculous; it's absurd. It's quite flattering. But it's just for the birds'

A week is a long time in politics. But maybe a defeat in a general election and many months of knowing that something and somebody needed to step up to the mark, changed all that.

HOLA4422

I think the Tory party are getting ahead of themselves on this one.

The fact he is a relative unknown is a double edged sword.

OK, he may not have any (many?) black marks at the moment but how many skeletons are just waiting to be rattled.

I reckon that if he becomes leader then the NuLab press are going to have a field day with the drugs issue.

Ever wonder why it has died down?? Just to be resurrected with more ammo in the future IMO.

I think Liam Fox is the ideal dark horse in this instance.

As for the above statements, Tory Blair is a very good orator and soundbite machine and look where that has got us.

Anybody watch Cameron's speech at the Tory conference? He said alot about nothing. There is something decidedly shifty about him.

HOLA4423
Guest The Dude

I think David Cameron will win the contest.

Todays voters - rightly or wrongly - demand a leader with charisma, someone who they can relate and look up to, just like Tony Blair in 1997. Like Bliar, he is a natural politician and an eloquent speaker and i think there is no other match for the two of them in government today.

Sadly politics is much more than the above so we'd better hope there's substance to back up the style.

"Todays voters - rightly or wrongly - demand a leader with charisma, someone who they can relate and look up to, just like Tony Blair in 1997."

Nope....you seem to think it was Tony Blair - the person - who won the election for Labour single handedly. Nope you are wrong....in 1977 I would have voted for John Smith, if he were alive, I never voted personally for Blair...he just happened to be the leader at the time. To be frank, a monkey could have won the election for Labour in '77. We were so sick of the Tories that anyone/anything would have been better. So, David, whatisname?, Cameron will probably be the next leader of the Tories.....big deal. Why don't Labour and the Tories just join together and make one big party. As far as I can see, there's no difference betwen the two. I hate 'em both.

HOLA4424

Why don't Labour and the Tories just join together and make one big party. As far as I can see, there's no difference betwen the two. I hate 'em both.

The Tories are not in the pocket of the Unions.

HOLA4425