Please Leave Our Company

OnlyMe

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

It sure is. I once got invited to a dinner held by a couple of IBM workers. It turned into, IMPO, a Moonie style brainwashing session. FUD in action is sure a bizarre experience to undergo.

It's something that I've used in my work as well - it's amazing the speed of response you can acheive when you remove the supporting pillars from peoples irrational beliefs.

Not sure I'd find it necessary at a dinner party however..."are you sure you should be eating the seafood"??? :blink:

HOLA447

Thats sad news

Being a skeptic - is it a PR exercise so people dont get angry with IBM?? Or are they really serious about training them properly. I dont know if past experience and training with IBM makes you an ideal type of person for teaching...(and I know you;ve got to have the right communicational skills!) I suppose we are short of teachers and if they all get a job then that benefits us all.

However its cheaper to send everyone a memo - YOUR'E FIRED!

Edited by trev

HOLA448

Our new economy is unreal.

http://www.personneltoday.com/Articles/200...me+teachers.htm

IBM to help staff leave and train to become teachers

IBM is planning to launch a scheme that encourages its employees to leave the business and pursue a career in teaching.

Funnily enough, a friend of a friend worked at IBM and has quit to become a teacher. I didn't think the two were connected though until your post. :o

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Our new economy is unreal.

http://www.personneltoday.com/Articles/200...me+teachers.htm

IBM to help staff leave and train to become teachers

IBM is planning to launch a scheme that encourages its employees to leave the business and pursue a career in teaching.

A friend did a teacher training course last year, he's not going into teaching now though! He couldn't believe how bad things really are in schools today. Apparently the kids could swear freely but teachers would be reported by the kids for swearing.

HOLA4412
He couldn't believe how bad things really are in schools today. Apparently the kids could swear freely but teachers would be reported by the kids for swearing.

In any case, a man would have to be mad to take a job as a teacher when some teenage chav slapper could destroy his life just be claiming that he groped her.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

It sure is. I once got invited to a dinner held by a couple of IBM workers. It turned into, IMPO, a Moonie style brainwashing session. FUD in action is sure a bizarre experience to undergo.

I've been working with IBM's own 'consultants' for the last 5 years, and it seems you have to be a brainwashed moonie before they will employ you. Think about it: you can earn 3 times as much money working as an independent consultant than you can working for IBM, so what sort of fool does it take to work for IBM? - especially as they'll let you go at the drop of a hat anyway. The days of 'a job at IBM is a job for life' are long since gone.

Nomadd

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

In any case, a man would have to be mad to take a job as a teacher when some teenage chav slapper could destroy his life just be claiming that he groped her.

Got to agree with that, had a flatmate doing a teacher training course with young teenagers, the experience nearly gave them a breakdown.

Wheres it going to end though ? robo-teachers & tasar stun guns or 'you can't sue me for any reason disclaimers / contracts (if such a thing is possible )

HOLA4420

Even teachers are dodgey

On the news the other day I think in Leeds, a 24 female teacher was alledgely have been acting in appropriately. She had been calling all her boys nick names like, my little sausage, or cherub, and had been kissing a 15 old boy with tongues and everything. She had also been alledged to have been flashing her cleavage and wearing low cut tops....

Not in my day - we had the cane! (no I am not into that....) :lol:

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

I know a few people who have left HP (computers, not sauce)

They were offered a retraining instead of redundancy, ie you want to become a teacher instead of learning to speak Hindi, we'll pay for a part of the training.

Quite a nice idea I think, but the cynical part of me would suspect that it was probably cheaper for the company.

Actually teaching people to speak Hindi just might be the ticket! :P

Edited by BandWagon