House Price Crash Forum

Cornish Tales

vwphil

HOLA441

Mornin all Greetings from Cornwall.

A couple of things today first a property which firstly is a joke its an old shutdown cafe being sold as a 1 bed bungalow lol. But it was up for 220,000 just spotted today its been slashed to 150,000

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property/4613462

Also speaking to a local estate agent in the pub casually mentioned that i'd not seen many sold signs, but alot of houses sold stc then back on the market again??

His answer "it'll be ok people from London and the South East will come and buy them"lol i nearly choked on my pint!!!

You gotta laugh really

Phil

HOLA442

LOL Good find VWPhil.

Definately lots more on the market of late, and lots to rent. It won't be long before landlords are forced to either reduce the asking rent so they can find a tennant or put the property on the market.

In our area I can see 3 beds to let at 750-800pcm sitting there for months and recently otheres at 500-600pcm not being snapped up exactly but being let out eventually.

The village I'm in has been a real hot spot in this district, and especially the road I'm on is in a conservation area, nicest part, next to woods, short stroll to the beach. Properties for sale have suddenly stopped selling and they are building up in number.

Its a slow and painful process but I'll sit it out at 360pcm rent in a house 'worth' 130K LOL.

Cheers

CP

HOLA443

Mornin CP Yes things certainly arn't selling in North Cornwall well the odd large place.

(lenny hery and dawn french just purchased in my village) waiting for net house price on that one lol

Wer'll have to have a cornish HPC get together for a couple of ciders lol

Phil

HOLA444
HOLA445

A couple of things today first a property which firstly is a joke its an old shutdown cafe being sold as a 1 bed bungalow lol. But it was up for 220,000 just spotted today its been slashed to 150,000

You gotta laugh really

Phil

What's up with the sellers? Don't they know how to shift a piece of crap like that? Call up the 'homes under the hammer' team, get it into an aution, hey presto the bidding soars to silly levels :ph34r:

HOLA446

Lets hope they drop by at least 80%!

I spent a large part of my twenties in Newlyn/Penzance and can honestly say I was shocked and angry the last time I visited Penzance at Xmas two years ago. The atmosphere of the place had completely changed. It used to be such a wonderful, happy, vibrant place to visit, but it felt like all the life and uniqueness had been sucked out of it. I hardly heard a local Cornish accent. Instead the place seemed to full of identikit middle class tossers with very loud voices - the type who talks loudly in art galleries because he's insecure, but wants you to think he's educated ...know what I mean?

I noticed that house prices seemed to creep up just after the eclipse. My brothers one bed studio in Newlyn went from 32K to about 60k almost overnight

I truly hope Cornwall gets a massive hammering. The way local people have been 'bought out' of their communities is a national disgrace, but of course nobody really cares anymore do they?

HOLA447
Instead the place seemed to full of identikit middle class tossers with very loud voices - the type who talks loudly in art galleries because he's insecure, but wants you to think he's educated ...know what I mean?

I know exactly what you mean. I live in Clapham / Wandsworth and have to suffer these chinless public school cretins everywhere. I'm sure they are educated to the concept that who shouts loudest is right. The classic is a Mr Public School Chinless in the restaurant; it's not arrogance, it's just a total lack of respect for anyone who's not involved with them.

They also all seem to wear rugby shirts that have never seen a pitch; what's with that ? Maybe to try an impress the braying Emmas that for some reason follow these twats round.

HOLA448

I know exactly what you mean. I live in Clapham / Wandsworth and have to suffer these chinless public school cretins everywhere. I'm sure they are educated to the concept that who shouts loudest is right. The classic is a Mr Public School Chinless in the restaurant; it's not arrogance, it's just a total lack of respect for anyone who's not involved with them.

They also all seem to wear rugby shirts that have never seen a pitch; what's with that ? Maybe to try an impress the braying Emmas that for some reason follow these twats round.

Hah hah, Clapham is bursting with 'bright young things'...i.e. braying f**kchops with no brains and jobs in the city sorted out for them by daddy (or they are trustafarians). Or the other type that is so beautifully caricatured by Nathan Barley (C.*nt...on tvgohome.com, not the TV series I have never seen). I wouldn't let these c0cks get to you...they are brainless yes, they are loud I agree...they are overprivileged..this much is obvious. They sit about in 'gastropubs' (!?!?!?) eating £12 bangers and mash, loudly passing judgement on current affairs, unwittingly revealing a shocking level of arrogance, overexpectation, sense-of-entitlement and ignorance........yes, this is what they do.

But are you jealous of them? Do you want to BE them? No, of course not. Ignore them (difficult I know when they are so loud!)..they are an irrelevance.

If you are really fed up with them I suggest a trip to Stevenage to hang out with the Chavs...you'll be screaming 'take me back Crispin!' before you know it.

HOLA449

Also speaking to a local estate agent in the pub casually mentioned that i'd not seen many sold signs, but alot of houses sold stc then back on the market again??

His answer "it'll be ok people from London and the South East will come and buy them"lol i nearly choked on my pint!!!

You gotta laugh really

Phil

Somebody thoguht they could flog this for £220,000?!?!?

£150k is still obscene

HOLA4410

Maybe we should dedicated an entire new topic to "Most annoying area for chinnless public school tossers" or something like that ....?

Hah hah, Clapham is bursting with 'bright young things'...i.e. braying f**kchops with no brains and jobs in the city sorted out for them by daddy (or they are trustafarians). Or the other type that is so beautifully caricatured by Nathan Barley (C.*nt...on tvgohome.com, not the TV series I have never seen). I wouldn't let these c0cks get to you...they are brainless yes, they are loud I agree...they are overprivileged..this much is obvious. They sit about in 'gastropubs' (!?!?!?) eating £12 bangers and mash, loudly passing judgement on current affairs, unwittingly revealing a shocking level of arrogance, overexpectation, sense-of-entitlement and ignorance........yes, this is what they do.

But are you jealous of them? Do you want to BE them? No, of course not. Ignore them (difficult I know when they are so loud!)..they are an irrelevance.

If you are really fed up with them I suggest a trip to Stevenage to hang out with the Chavs...you'll be screaming 'take me back Crispin!' before you know it.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

LOL Good find VWPhil.

Definately lots more on the market of late, and lots to rent. It won't be long before landlords are forced to either reduce the asking rent so they can find a tennant or put the property on the market.

In our area I can see 3 beds to let at 750-800pcm sitting there for months and recently otheres at 500-600pcm not being snapped up exactly but being let out eventually.

The village I'm in has been a real hot spot in this district, and especially the road I'm on is in a conservation area, nicest part, next to woods, short stroll to the beach. Properties for sale have suddenly stopped selling and they are building up in number.

Its a slow and painful process but I'll sit it out at 360pcm rent in a house 'worth' 130K LOL.

Cheers

CP

TIMBER!!!!!!