House Price Crash Forum

Coup D'etat

switters

HOLA441

Mario Nobody, Greek guy that was a central banker and have no idea who he is called, referendums that "scare the market".

Has anyone else noticed that Europe is currently in the midst of a financial Coup D'Etat?

There are no tanks yet, but two regime changes with two puppets installed both of whom serve allegiance to Brussels. There has been no blood but the "Markets" have threatened bloodshed if their will is not obeyed.

The economy will tank if Europe is not saved? Really..... After all its in such great shape after 5 years of integration.

This looks like a decleration of war to me. Thankfully it is a war fought between foreign powers.

Give me power over a nations finances and I care not who makes the laws, for I will control them

Nathaniel Rothschild 1886

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

Mario Nobody, Greek guy that was a central banker and have no idea who he is called, referendums that "scare the market".

Has anyone else noticed that Europe is currently in the midst of a financial Coup D'Etat?

There are no tanks yet, but two regime changes with two puppets installed both of whom serve allegiance to Brussels. There has been no blood but the "Markets" have threatened bloodshed if their will is not obeyed.

The economy will tank if Europe is not saved? Really..... After all its in such great shape after 5 years of integration.

This looks like a decleration of war to me. Thankfully it is a war fought between foreign powers.

Give me power over a nations finances and I care not who makes the laws, for I will control them

Nathaniel Rothschild 1886

You are joking, right?

HOLA443

Yup.

I work for a bank. Like most other banks, post 2008 the Investment bankers took over all the senior board positions, which struck me at the time as a bit bare - faced to say the least.

Then the investment bankers started talking up the untenable nature of European democracy - again, bit bare faced given the promotion of globalism as the cure to our ills to turn around and say the proles have to compete with slavery. But hey!

Tony took a job with JP.

Now democracy itself is out the window in Italy.

Years back, they knew their eletist, Ultra right defence of privilege wouldn't get through a democracy, so they aggresively expanded their empire into American and UK politics

The victims were drugged to the eyeballs on cheap credit.

We are on the cusp of the full on takeover of western civilisation. Quietly and (almost) peacefully. It all sounds a bit David Icke, but it's staring us in the face.

HOLA444

Reply to first poster, not second!!!!

You are taking the piss, no? Of course I am not joking. Have u not even a cursory understanding of politics? Even the taxi driv today turned round and went

" that's right mate, I'm not making that mistake again, this time I control my money. My ex wife was a nightmare"

Once Europe is financially entwined then Political union is a given. You may as well have let Germany win the 2nd world war..... And no I am still not kidding.

Edited by switters

HOLA445

The sad thing is that I don't think you're too far from the truth.

We've had two, supposedly, democratic European countries recently change leaders and, in the course of, governments, without the electorate being given a say.

Is this the the next step in building the United States of Europe with central control lying with Germany/France?

I worry that this will only end one way, when that starts house prices will be the least of our concerns.

HOLA446
HOLA447

I was down at the gym earlier today and the Sky News monitor they insist on having on all the time was showing the spiel about Italy's new top man and how he "had a race to form a new government before the markets opened on Monday".

WTF! :ph34r: So he's just going to throw together any old rag tag bunch before Monday at 08:00 CET just to keep "the markets" happy.

How about keeping the Italian voters happy?

HOLA448
HOLA449

tis sadly true. no matter what written warnings were written as early as 02/03 no action to reverse this insane credit were taken. there was something else going on after the set up of 911. to me its obvious, to others its a mix of idiocy and a not wanting to know that causes the blindness in the eyes of the frightened people today. but you could walk down wooten bassett on any (past) given dead parade and no on. not one person could tell you the nature of the conflict which killed the body that they held their heads low for.

out of a clear blue sky....

no.

HOLA4410

This isn't the coup, the coup was decades ago.

This is the public showing of the coup because it's all gone pete tong. When you see industry insiders obviously being shoehorned in to keep the ponzi going in a very obvious (dangerously obvious) way like this, you know the end is nigh.

HOLA4411

This isn't the coup, the coup was decades ago.

This is the public showing of the coup because it's all gone pete tong. When you see industry insiders obviously being shoehorned in to keep the ponzi going in a very obvious (dangerously obvious) way like this, you know the end is nigh.

This cheers me up a bit (which says something about the options)

I really hope you are right.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Europe can be saved by those Countries in the Eurozone, they simply, the whole lot of them ditch the Euro and return to their historical currencies. It`s not Rocket Science. :rolleyes: They then need to deport Barroso, van Rumpoy, and Ashton to penal servitude. Problem sorted. ;)

HOLA4414

A few more news outlets are picking up on this being a coup by the bankers - all US based. Will be a test of what is left of journalstic integrity to see now many others do this side of the pond.

Got to lagh though - governments and ministers are now going to be on the receiving end of the imposition of policies from above from the same people they allowed to do via the back door through their chambers. They might not like it either.

Yet, until the moment he's sworn in, Monti's ascension is far from a done deal, and it didn't take long after the markets had closed for the weekend for it to start to come under fire. Though Monti, a former advisor to Goldman Sachs, is heavily championed by the country's respected president, many in parliament have spent the week whispering that Berlusconi's ouster amounts to a "banker's coup." "Yesterday, in the chamber of deputies we were bitterly joking that we were going to get a Goldman Sachs government," says a parliamentarian from Berlusconi's government, who asked to remain anonymous citing political sensitivity.

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,2099350,00.html#ixzz1dcps3mko

Edited by OnlyMe

HOLA4415

Injin has it right.

And before we get too self-righteous, who elected Gordon Brown? (Or

Camerom or Clegg for that matter.)

Brown, Cameron and Clegg all got elected by their constituents. They've all faced an election.

Monti and the greek guy have never faced an election, they just got appointed as people who are acceptable to "the markets" and Merkozy. Like the Eastern Europe governments used to appoint people acceptable to Moscow.

HOLA4416

A few more nes outlets are picking up on this being a coup by the bankers - all US based. Will be a test of what is left of journalstic integrity to see now many others do this side of the pond.

Got to lagh though - governments and ministers are now going to be on the receiving end of the imposition of policies from above from the same people they allowed to do via the back door through their chambers. They might not like it either.

Yet, until the moment he's sworn in, Monti's ascension is far from a done deal, and it didn't take long after the markets had closed for the weekend for it to start to come under fire. Though Monti, a former advisor to Goldman Sachs, is heavily championed by the country's respected president, many in parliament have spent the week whispering that Berlusconi's ouster amounts to a "banker's coup." "Yesterday, in the chamber of deputies we were bitterly joking that we were going to get a Goldman Sachs government," says a parliamentarian from Berlusconi's government, who asked to remain anonymous citing political sensitivity.

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,2099350,00.html#ixzz1dcps3mko

We've already seen the response to the growing realisation bankers run everything, the OWS movement.

As that's not going anywhere, the next stage is the Tom Joad's of the modern world will come out to play. Let's see how much fun being in charge of everything is when it's no longer secret and therefore no longer unaccountable. Bankers can have a surgery like Mp's do!

HOLA4417

Europe can be saved by those Countries in the Eurozone, they simply, the whole lot of them ditch the Euro and return to their historical currencies. It`s not Rocket Science. :rolleyes: They then need to deport Barroso, van Rumpoy, and Ashton to penal servitude. Problem sorted. ;)

People can escape from prisons.

HOLA4418

Reply to first poster, not second!!!!

You are taking the piss, no? Of course I am not joking. Have u not even a cursory understanding of politics? Even the taxi driv today turned round and went

" that's right mate, I'm not making that mistake again, this time I control my money. My ex wife was a nightmare"

Once Europe is financially entwined then Political union is a given. You may as well have let Germany win the 2nd world war..... And no I am still not kidding.

I think you missed that I highlighted a bit in bold...

HOLA4419

I work for a bank. Like most other banks, post 2008 the Investment bankers took over all the senior board positions, which struck me at the time as a bit bare - faced to say the least.

Please will you run that bit by me in a bit more detail. I'm extremely interested in what happens to senior bankers and politicians at the end of their tenure. I'm also very interested in bankers who have concurrent non-banking directorships. Information is difficult to collate - but it sounds as if you have specific examples in mind. Care to share?

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

It looks suspiciously like coups to me.

Imagine if this were Britain, and we had a bureaucrat PM imposed on us. There is something very wrong going on here.

Problem, reaction, solution.

we joke on here about the UK being a plc, but now i can really see Greece amd Italy genuinly being Ltd working on behalf of its share holders.

HOLA4422

Isn't the unknown, how well the Greek and Italian public accept their fate. Both nations have been anaesthetized by credit. I wonder how the patient is going to react when they awake to find their new economic reality. My bets are that one or other is going to thrown teddy from their pram's. The public of Greece have for years been able to avoid reality but have a proven recent history of protest. What will be a deal clincher for Italy is if the new government are seen to pursue the draconian cuts to the political classes that the public believe that they deserve. The legendary state funded lifestyle of their politician is universally despised. If Italians don't see that curtained they they might surpass the Greeks.

This is going to knock the spots off X factor.

HOLA4423

It looks suspiciously like coups to me.

Imagine if this were Britain, and we had a bureaucrat PM imposed on us. There is something very wrong going on here.

I'm very curious about quite how this has happened... Part of me shares your concerns - and part of me thinks that there must be another perspective that is less conspiratorial.

When are the next elections due in Greece and Italy?

HOLA4424

Isn't the unknown, how well the Greek and Italian public accept their fate. Both nations have been anaesthetized by credit. I wonder how the patient is going to react when they awake to find their new economic reality. My bets are that one or other is going to thrown teddy from their pram's. The public of Greece have for years been able to avoid reality but have a proven recent history of protest. What will be a deal clincher for Italy is if the new government are seen to pursue the draconian cuts to the political classes that the public believe that they deserve. The legendary state funded lifestyle of their politician is universally despised. If Italians don't see that curtained they they might surpass the Greeks.

This is going to knock the spots off X factor.

Haven't the heads of the greek army, navy and airforce already been deposed? I say deposed becuase I can't think of any other way of interpreting the combined sacking of all the heads of the forces of a country outside of a situation where a country has falling to a foreign power during military operations. Add those three to the pot!

Edited by OnlyMe

HOLA4425