HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b014kjnr

Newsnight tonight on the impending currency war.... :lol::ph34r:

Impending?

China has been on a war footing for 20 years, Japan 40, and Germany 60. We joined in 3 years ago, as did the USA and the Eurozone. Now even neutral criminal Switzerland want a piece of the action in the race for the bottom.

And the gold (in its loosest sense) has already gone to Zimbabwe, proving central banks can create inflation. So desperate are the Swiss to get joint second place, they have welded themselves to the sinking Euro, echoing the Chinese policy of fixing their own notes to the much printed dollar.

Even gold miners are trying to dig more gold up.

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

If this currency war can be likened to WWII then we're at mid-1940. As Churchill said:

"The Battle of France is over. The Battle of Britain is about to begin. Upon this battle depends the survival of Christian civilization…"

In our case it's the survival of Western civilization/our Anglo-Saxon dominance. God Save the £ :o

Edited by Chuffy Chuffnell

HOLA4410

If this currency war can be likened to WWII then we're at mid-1940. As Churchill said:

"The Battle of France is over. The Battle of Britain is about to begin. Upon this battle depends the survival of Christian civilization…"

In our case it's the survival of Western civilization/our Anglo-Saxon dominance. God Save the £ :o

If they could see this country now, do you think our ancestors would have bothered in 1940?

HOLA4411

If they could see this country now, do you think our ancestors would have bothered in 1940?

Well, let's be honest about this - would you really have wanted the Nazis and fascist Japanese nutcases to be in charge of the world right now?

It was unfortunate that the war was won by the good people, but the peace was won by the greedy elite.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Oh yes The Battle of Britain, I remember it as if it was yesterday. Well, it was only in 1969....

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Just think: the Michael Caine of the future will be playing the heroic figure in a fine portrayal of the finest hour of the Global Currency War - the Battle of Sterling! Major currencies have collapsed - the Dollar, the Euro... the Eurozone is utterly f*cked with the countries attempting to re-establish their own currencies, etc, whilst plucky Britain soldiers on, borders closed etc... :lol::lol::lol::lol:

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

Gillian Tett is a fascist-corporatist - said that europe minus the euro would be bloody

no justification for this - imho she has a standard FT agenda of corptocratic control of the masses, I am siding with _w_'s opinion here...

HOLA4422

On now.

Robert Peston... saying it as it is.

The Eurozone is fecked. Badly.

Basically the "race to the bottom" won't work as everyone is doing it. The world is heading for a Massive Depression, which will make the 30s look rosey.

Wouldn't want to be in southern Europe right now!!

At least they'll be getting a sunrise in the morning.

The race to the bottom is speeding up!!

Edited by spp

HOLA4423

Those ancesters had low expectations, a few jam sandwiches, a bit of meat on a Sunday and a sing-song round the piano.

Yes, and a 4 bed detached house with land for £600 cash, in my grandfather's case.

I could live with jam sandwiches and sing-songs if I could get a house like that for £600 (or about £20k now adjusted for inflation)

HOLA4424

Yes, and a 4 bed detached house with land for £600 cash, in my grandfather's case.

I could live with jam sandwiches and sing-songs if I could get a house like that for £600 (or about £20k now adjusted for inflation)

Well yes, I did think of mentioning their/our housing situation but thought better of it.

Housing. What a **** up.

HOLA4425