HOLA441
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

court record found through Google said:

For Application under the Police and Criminal Evidence Act - Hearing finished - 11:59 24-06-2011 Isleworth 13 T20110552

rubia hamid

For Sentence - Hearing finished for XXXXXX - 12:40 24-06-2011 Isleworth 10 T20101415

======================================

I edited her name out of the above because for some reason this is being kept hush, can't find any press link to it online.

HOLA445
HOLA446

Yes, saw this on pistonheads.

People saying no news reports seem suspect, might be a clever photoshop jobby?

If it is im impressed!

Who are profusion customs to go round as motoring vigilantes? Were they not speeding and driving dangerously to keep up with her. Very weird.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

My thought exactly. Who are the people chasing this driver, and what legal authority do they have?

So if they'd recorded someone who had flattened one of your relatives you'd want them held to account for their heinous crimes?

HOLA4410

Who are profusion customs to go round as motoring vigilantes? Were they not speeding and driving dangerously to keep up with her. Very weird.

Given the circumstances, I would have thought that in the "spirit" of the law, a blind eye could be turned to their own slightly dangerous driving while chasing the lady.

It was obvious that they were experienced drivers.. in contrast to the lady.

What a silly, silly person.

HOLA4411

In the 10 years i have been driving . I have seen the standards drop massivly. People dont give a shit about other people. Drives like her should be banned for life. And every time caught driving whilst banned be put in jail for minimum 1 year.

Driving is not a right its a privilidge and a luxury.

HOLA4412

In the 10 years i have been driving . I have seen the standards drop massivly. People dont give a shit about other people. Drives like her should be banned for life. And every time caught driving whilst banned be put in jail for minimum 1 year.

I'm afraid driving in many parts of Britain have become dangerous, from guys who deliberately brake in front of you, to people actually wanting to fight at the roadside, i used to love driving, now i tend to drive when i have to and walk and cycle whenever convenient.

HOLA4413

Nasty Nasty Nasty

I follow this guy (friend of a work colleague), he cycles into London everyday and has two cameras on his bike to name and shame bad drivers by posting there number plates on youtube (and to give him legal protection in court cases), he had another bad accident a couples of weeks ago. His videos are an interesting watch...

http://croydoncyclist.wordpress.com/

http://www.youtube.com/gaz545

We are heading towards a day where every vehicle will have CCTV fitted as standard

HOLA4414

I have this installed on my android phone which I use to record my journey, has gps, speed, g meter and most importantly audio visual recording.

Its free as well!

http://www.androidzoom.com/android_applications/tools/alaprecorder-hd_wxwn_screenshots.html

Wow that looks great. I really need to get a smartphone....

After some bad experiences driving round Slough, I always mount a small cam on the dash and record for peace of mind. Video for personal use will just grow and grow.

What sort of mount do you use for your phone?

Interesting hit and run video btw. There are some cold people around, that's for sure.

HOLA4415

In the 10 years i have been driving . I have seen the standards drop massivly. People dont give a shit about other people.

I can't decide whether I agree with that.

I think there is a lot more selfish driving now, a sort of one upmanship often creating extra stress around rush hour. Then there's just the usual people who want to drive fast who aren't patient with people who drive slowly / nervously, and people who drive slowly who won't move over for people who want to drive faster.

Having said that.. people weren't saints 10 years ago either so there's probably some rose tinted driving glasses involved somewhere.

HOLA4416

As the boomers retire we will see more slower drivers as their faculties diminish, like the one who caused a hold up on the M11 doing 50mph in the dark. Dangerous as its already hard to gauge distance in the dark but this driver would stick their lights on main beam when ever a car came towards them becuase I suspect their eyesight was failing and couldnt adust to the light and dark quickly enough.

Wonder how they'll cope with stuff like this?

I wonder how people of today will cope with this what with all the looking into cell phones doing make up and laptops being used while on the road.

HOLA4417

So if they'd recorded someone who had flattened one of your relatives you'd want them held to account for their heinous crimes?

Yes, but I'd want them held accountable by properly qualified and authorised law enforcement personnel, not a bunch of vigilantes.

DIY law enforcement is not a good idea, and has shown to cause a lot more miscarriages of justice even than our flawed police forces. For one thing, trial by YouTube risks compromising a proper one. The fact that this video has been all over the Internet prompted comments such as the one immediately below your post:

Given the circumstances, I would have thought that in the "spirit" of the law, a blind eye could be turned to their own slightly dangerous driving while chasing the lady.

It was obvious that they were experienced drivers.. in contrast to the lady.

What a silly, silly person.

Now, let's speculate for argument's sake that the lady driver claims that she had her sick 90 year-old granny in the car, that granny had just had a stroke, she'd dialled 999, the ambulance couldn't come for 20 minutes and so she tried to drive her to hospital. In that scenario, any remotely competent defence solicitor would claim that the YT video's distribution has compromised any chance of her getting a fair trial (especially the comments on the soundtrack about her being late for work), and therefore that the case has to be dropped.

Also, the video could well 'inspire' other would-be vigilantes to harass innocent motorists. Not a good idea at all. If I found myself being followed by an unmarked car, I would assume that I was being pursued by a criminal or madman, and probably try to get away from them, thereby increasing the likelihood of an accident. Once again, this lady could use this defence, even if it's patently untrue; and the chances are high that a jury would give her the benefit of the doubt.

HOLA4418

Get a push bike, you'll then see how insane "driving" is. You miss most of the lunacy while surrounded by your own steel overcoat. Texting, using phones, being needlessly aggressive, all the little temper tantrums and revving engines up because a "very important driver" has been delayed by 1ms by a cyclist, or they can't get past you. I have in fact threatened to start "naming and shaming" local taxi drivers, white van me and HGV drivers who are texting at the wheel or who cut me up, by posting on the Facebook Wall of the local paper. These Android apps, and camera's which you can attach to your helmet will be ideal.

HOLA4419

Get a push bike, you'll then see how insane "driving" is. You miss most of the lunacy while surrounded by your own steel overcoat. Texting, using phones, being needlessly aggressive, all the little temper tantrums and revving engines up because a "very important driver" has been delayed by 1ms by a cyclist, or they can't get past you. I have in fact threatened to start "naming and shaming" local taxi drivers, white van me and HGV drivers who are texting at the wheel or who cut me up, by posting on the Facebook Wall of the local paper. These Android apps, and camera's which you can attach to your helmet will be ideal.

Try walking a lot, then you'll see how badly controlled a lot of wheeled vehicles are, including the pedalled variety.

Not even safe to walk around a supermarket these days due to the number of badly driven mobilty scotters.

HOLA4420

Try walking a lot, then you'll see how badly controlled a lot of wheeled vehicles are, including the pedalled variety.

Not even safe to walk around a supermarket these days due to the number of badly driven mobilty scotters.

It all went wrong after we left the primordial soup, legs, PAH, should've stuck with the fins.

HOLA4421

any remotely competent defence solicitor would claim that the YT video's distribution has compromised any chance of her getting a fair trial (especially the comments on the soundtrack about her being late for work), and therefore that the case has to be dropped.

Jurors can be asked if they have knowledge of the case and rejected.

It would be a short trial and the video could be shown without sound.

HOLA4422

Jurors can be asked if they have knowledge of the case and rejected.

It would be a short trial and the video could be shown without sound.

By 'short trial' do you mean show trial?

There are lots of things that video doesn't show us. The driver could have believed that she was being chased by someone intent on doing her harm (especially if the car with the camera in it was not a clearly marked police car) and she could have been taking a sick relative to hospital. That is the danger of trial by YouTube - it turns the administration of justice into a reality TV stunt, and encourages the public to play judge, jury and executioner. People who put that sort of stuff online before the conclusion of criminal proceedings should be prosecuted for perverting the course of justice, IMO.

HOLA4423

There are lots of things that video doesn't show us. The driver could have believed that she was being chased by someone intent on doing her harm (especially if the car with the camera in it was not a clearly marked police car) and she could have been taking a sick relative to hospital. That is the danger of trial by YouTube - it turns the administration of justice into a reality TV stunt, and encourages the public to play judge, jury and executioner. People who put that sort of stuff online before the conclusion of criminal proceedings should be prosecuted for perverting the course of justice, IMO.

No.

Ok the police could use the video privately to gather witness statements from other road users and pedestrians.

The defence would have to argue that her words when they stopped her were indicating she was in fear of her life from them. She wasn't.

You have a point perhaps about the timing of the video being released - I have not gone and checked the upload date to see if it was before or after the trial.

HOLA4424

You have a point perhaps about the timing of the video being released - I have not gone and checked the upload date to see if it was before or after the trial.

It happened in January, the trial was in June, she got 3 year ban £500 fine. Therefore the trial is over. They are uploading this as a viral to promote their business in addition to showing the horribleness of what goes on on UK roads.

HOLA4425

So that makes it A-OK then? And this absolves her from running away? from the video she only realised she was being followed when she pulled in at the end.

I've been hit and run and left for dead a couple of times, you think this is OK?

Archived