House Price Crash Forum

Interest-Only Mortgagees Are 'deluded'

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

De-Ann Julius (whatever), former MPC member, says base rates likely to be a percent or more higher in a year's time - and mortgage rates may be higher still

This is the clever/sneaky/crafty/dodgy things that banks have been doing recently.. while the BOE rate has dropped 5%, the average mortgage rate has only dropped 2-3%.. and you know that when the BOE rate goes up 1-2% so will the mortgages.

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

So, you want someone to listen to it to record the times (it's essentially an interview with two people) he speaks to save you listening to it? It is only seven minutes or so... :)

Not just that - I want someone to feed me wafer thin mints whilst someone else massages my feet.

HOLA449
HOLA4410

It was a 5 minute slot starting 0810-15.

Terry Smith was brilliant, got all the key points in.

DeAnne Julius was on the bear side of average too.

Yes, brilliant. A new HPC hero. Send Eric round to shout "Liar Loans" through his letter-box. Oops, I forgot that we save that particular accolade for the VIs.

:D

HOLA4411

Not just that - I want someone to feed me wafer thin mints whilst someone else massages my feet.

You're getting jealous of those Welsh public sector managers again aren't you...!

HOLA4412

De-Ann Julius (whatever), former MPC member, says base rates likely to be a percent or more higher in a year's time - and mortgage rates may be higher still

Notice the big lie. She said that infltion was caused by wages. Covering for her and her scumbag money priting, house inflating mates.

HOLA4413

Yep, he sounded very much in step with the majority view on this website..

More than that -- if this example is anything to go by, he also speaks well. His style tends towards the terse and punchy, e.g.:

Humphreys: So, you are both agreed that interest-only mortgages are not a good thing?

Smith: Well, I'm certainly there. [End of reply.]

HOLA4414

You're getting jealous of those Welsh public sector managers again aren't you...!

Yes, I am.

I was reading this morning about the Welsh Ambulance trust buying 42 new ambulances costing millions, only to discover that the ambulances were unable to carry the weight once you added minor things to them.... such as paramedics.... um, patients...

I sat there listening to the news on Radio Wales wondering just how many managers were involved in those decisions, just how much they are paid and how golden are their pensions.

Then I looked at a jobs 'skils matrix' for an NHS Wales IT contract that several IT agents sent to me last week - they sent the same thing a few months ago when the same contract was advertised.

I thought about, from what agents have told me, the numerous IT contractors who have been interviewed and turned down for the role not only in the last fortnight, but in the last few months also.

I also thought about the one IT contractor who used to work on such a project who allegedly, so one IT agent told me, had to leave allegedly due to stress and ill health... and I wondered just how many NHS managers are involved, how much they are earning, how big their pensions are and whether their jobs are stressful attending all those interviews and drawing up skills matrix documents for IT contractors to fill in.

Edited by The Masked Tulip

HOLA4415

Yes, I am.

I was reading this morning about the Welsh Ambulance trust buying 42 new ambulances costing millions, only to discover that the ambulances were unable to carry the weight once you added minor things to them.... such as paramedics.... um, patients...

I sat there listening to the news on Radio Wales wondering just how many managers were involved in those decisions, just how much they are paid and how golden are their pensions.

Then I looked at a jobs 'skils matrix' for an NHS Wales IT contract that several IT agents sent to me last week - they sent the same thing a few months ago when the same contract was advertised.

I thought about, from what agents have told me, the numerous IT contractors who have been interviewed and turned down for the role not only in the last fortnight, but in the last few months also.

I also thought about the one IT contractor who used to work on such a project who allegedly, so one IT agent told me, had to leave allegedly due to stress and ill health... and I wondered just how many NHS managers are involved, how much they are earning, how big their pensions are and whether their jobs are stressful attending all those interviews and drawing up skills matrix documents for IT contractors to fill in.

*wipes froth from TMT's chin*

Actually, I'd assumed Si1's question was rhetorical... :unsure:

HOLA4416

More than that -- if this example is anything to go by, he also speaks well. His style tends towards the terse and punchy, e.g.:

Humphreys: So, you are both agreed that interest-only mortgages are not a good thing?

Smith: Well, I'm certainly there. [End of reply.]

http://www.moneyobserver.com/issue/features/terry-smiths-fund-detox

Terry Smith - Warren buffett-style focussed value fund manager, works for himself

(TMT - sorry to hear this, Wales sounds like North Korea)

HOLA4417

Yes, brilliant. A new HPC hero. Send Eric round to shout "Liar Loans" through his letter-box. Oops, I forgot that we save that particular accolade for the VIs.

:D

Heard him - thought that he was good - what organisation is he from / why was he on? (Am sure that he wasn't introduced as member of the public / hpc nutter - so wondering where he was coming from)

Edit: Just seen above post - cheers...

Edited by Lennon

HOLA4418

Notice the big lie. She said that inflation was caused by wages. Covering for her and her scumbag money priting, house inflating mates.

Wage inflation has traditional been linked with general inflation, leading some to suggest that wage inflation is largely responsible for general inflation. The last few years have shown this is not true - she has obviously not been keeping up while semi-retired.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

Heard him - thought that he was good - what organisation is he from / why was he on? (Am sure that he wasn't introduced as member of the public / hpc nutter - so wondering where he was coming from)

I am leaning on him being a Time Traveller sent from the Future.

He comes from an Earth 50 years from now where houses are completely unaffordable and billions have to take out 99 year mortgages on 12 inch square bits of land.

Humanity has sent him back to do 2 things:

1. Warn us.

2. Do a Sarah Connor on property rampers.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

I just want to clear up a misconception about inetrest only mortgages.

I have an I/O mortgage. What I took out was an offset, repayment mortgage, that will be paid off in about 7 years. For some reason the bank class this mortgage as an I/O mortgage and send me statements in an I/O mortgage type format.

I do not know why but I suspect a lot of offset repayment mortgages (and there are quite a few attractive rates arround now are classed as I/O).

HOLA4423

He was advertised as boss of his firm fundsmith i.e. Fund manager.

https://www.fundsmit...uk/contact.aspx

but his main job is CEO of Tullet Prebon and former Collins Stewart CEO, you will have seen him on BBC and SKY business news many times.

http://www.tullettprebon.com/index.aspx

He also has his own blog:

http://www.terrysmithblog.com/

https://www.fundsmith.co.uk/contact.aspx' rel="external nofollow">

Edited by koala_bear

HOLA4424

I am leaning on him being a Time Traveller sent from the Future.

He comes from an Earth 50 years from now where houses are completely unaffordable and billions have to take out 99 year mortgages on 12 inch square bits of land.

Humanity has sent him back to do 2 things:

1. Warn us.

2. Do a Sarah Connor on property rampers.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Very funny.

HOLA4425