House Price Crash Forum

Chinese Men Find Mortgages A Prerequisite For Marriage

HOLA441

Anyway, in fairness to the Chinese, they are not the only group of people prone to stereotyping. And it should also be mentioned in mitigation they enjoy stereotyping people from different regions (effeminate Shanghai men, sly Sichuanese, money grubbing southerners, is it the Hunanese or Henanese who are all thieves? I forgot)

Sure sure, in such a small place as HK there is discrimination there as well, Hakka people hate the Cantonese (as they were very much the losers in the clan wars and lost 80% of their lands).

It's no different to the UK tbh, i.e. we see Essex as a region of slags and slappers. We see Liverpool as a chav dole town. Yorkshiremen as tight fisted. Cornish as inbred. Etc etc.

HOLA442

Yep, if you're in your late thirties and beyond and have tried the internet dating scene, you quickly realise it's all about the great personailty sense of humour sensitive good looks money.

And as you said it's not a criticism, just the way things are. Women want the best for themselves and their children, and money means security, power and status. Understandable really.

edited to add:

Hence my cynicism at shipbuilder's noble but anachronistic 'till death do us part' philosophy. Sadly it just doesn't work anymore, fall on hard times and it's off to greener financial pastures.

I have never found a rich man.....but have never felt richer. ;)

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

Sometimes women throw out those questions that men worry about like not having a car.. to test for weakness/confidence in a man. Weak guys try to impress her and defend or excuse weak spots in themselves.

Example conversation..

Girl: What type of car do you drive?

Guy: I ride a bike, if you are nice to me I might let you ride with me.

Girl: I only date guys with cars.

Guy: You must really like cars.

Girl: I like guys with money.

Guy: You seem like an attractive girl, why haven't you found a guy with money yet?

Girl: (has to defend why she hasn't met someone yet)

Fail conversation:

Girl: What type of car do you drive?

Guy: I don't have a car yet, but my career is really going up fast and soon I will get one. (fail, trying to impress her)

HOLA449
HOLA4410

Yep, if you're in your late thirties and beyond and have tried the internet dating scene, you quickly realise it's all about the great personailty sense of humour sensitive good looks money.

And as you said it's not a criticism, just the way things are. Women want the best for themselves and their children, and money means security, power and status. Understandable really.

I read some results from a brief study about dating ads in a book called Freakanomics whilch applied statistical analysis to a whole range of issues.

If I remember correctly, it concluded that, in dating ads, the most common aspects of themselves that men lead about was their height & their income.

For women, it was their age & weight.

It's probably as good a measure as any of what is important to both men & women who are looking for partners. It might also go some way to explain why it's unusual for western women be with an oriental man.