House Price Crash Forum
The Masked Tulip

Chinese Men Find Mortgages A Prerequisite For Marriage

Old old news. Older than time itself tbh...

Chinese marriages are generally NOT about love, they have for the past 5000 years been about money and a business pact. The wedding rituals for the past 1000 years (which go above and beyond dowry) whereby you go and negotiate the 'cost' with the sons family. It has been distilled to an absolute form of ruthlessness in modern Chinese cities. HK is known as a marriage grave yard for instance and men are pulled aside in school and told not to ever marry as well it is such a cynical place.

Dating in China and much of Asia is horrible these days, not all but A LOT of women will say they are not materialistic but the first questions out of their mouths is so whats your job do you own a house what car do you drive?

Hence the three words men get to hear in Mandarin are:

fangzi, chezi, piaozi

However men are more and more frequently finding out that not having children isn't the end of the universe... they are also learning from Felix Denis as well. If it flies floats or fornicates.... it always works out cheaper to rent in the long term.

Chinese marriages are generally NOT about love, they have for the past 5000 years been about money and a business pact. The wedding rituals for the past 1000 years (which go above and beyond dowry) whereby you go and negotiate the 'cost' with the sons family. It has been distilled to an absolute form of ruthlessness in modern Chinese cities. HK is known as a marriage grave yard for instance and men are pulled aside in school and told not to ever marry as well it is such a cynical place.

Dating in China and much of Asia is horrible these days, not all but A LOT of women will say they are not materialistic but the first questions out of their mouths is so whats your job do you own a house what car do you drive?

fangzi, chezi, piaozi

However men are more and more frequently finding out that not having children isn't the end of the universe... they are also learning from Felix Denis as well. If it flies floats or fornicates.... it always works out cheaper to rent in the long term.

Thoroughly recommend Felix Dennis's book, 'How to Get Rich' to all you HPC readers. A frank, funny and very interesting account of his life and work. Was bought for me as a present, glad I got round to reading it.

He does claim that if you want to get filthy rich, that in general you have to start before you are 35 and work bloody hard and have luck on your side. Of course, his expertise is in business and he wrote it before the idea of global financial Armageddon was really considered a possibility, and therefore before a freeride to riches on the coat tails of the ascent of precious metals was on the cards ;)

Anecdotal but I've observed that Chinese men love prosies. Recent business trip to Eindhoven, stopped in Amsterdam and had a stroll through the Red Light District. It was like revolving doors with short stout Chinese men in and out. I've worked with a few Chinese men in Europe and been on business do's and functions and ****ing a tall Russian is regarded as their hight of success. So they are spending something somewhere.

Chinese marriages are generally NOT about love, they have for the past 5000 years been about money and a business pact.

fangzi, chezi, piaozi

Thank GOD for Japanese women! ;)

Here in Singapore the locals like to warn against getting involved with Chinese women from China (as distinct from the Singaporean variety).

Ask their opinion about the Indonesians and their eyes do a roll.

Guest The Relaxation Suite

fangzi, chezi, piaozi

Yes I know an English bloke who married a Chinese woman for money so she could set him up in business. He had to put on a hell of a show to her family to prove he was worthy - buying a Merc he couldn't afford and lying about his income, etc. The investment worked though because they allowed the marriage and bought him a business. They are an intensely materialistic culture.

However men are more and more frequently finding out that not having children isn't the end of the universe...

Good , 1.4 billion Chinese people is more than enough.

No wonder they put pressure on the children. They have to go through all that trouble and then they are only allowed 1 kid.

If they want to have the 1 grandchild then the kid will have to achieve a house also.

I think you'll find that applies to every woman, not just the asian continent.

Sure, when they're young and in their teens, they just want the guy with the motorbike etc. but once the party is over and it's time to settle down, it's the nesting instinct to feather their bed with as many pound notes as possible. In the same way that men look for the best looking partner. Can't argue with nature.

I think you'll find that applies to every woman, not just the asian continent.

Sure, when they're young and in their teens, they just want the guy with the motorbike etc. but once the party is over and it's time to settle down, it's the nesting instinct to feather their bed with as many pound notes as possible. In the same way that men look for the best looking partner. Can't argue with nature.

Agree its not just Asia.

Central London and the City especially is no different - first question is always what do you do for a job - required answer is Lawyer or Banker :rolleyes: most other jobs just dont cut it LOL

But in my experience outside London its far better except in Brighton where it can be hard to find straight women ;)

Agree its not just Asia.

Central London and the City especially is no different - first question is always what do you do for a job - required answer is Lawyer or Banker :rolleyes: most other jobs just dont cut it LOL

But in my experience outside London its far better except in Brighton where it can be hard to find straight women ;)

The thing is though, very young women 19 etc will even do the job interview thing on you.

Good, these tw4ts are welcome to each other.

and there's me thinking natural selection is ******.

It was remarkable that they had to fly 5000 miles around the world to China to do a documentary about young people finding it impossible to buy a reasonable place for marriage.

The shocked expression and the shocked tone of voice of the presenter as if these problems didn't exist anywhere else on the planet e.g the UK, was a total farce.

BBC escapism and denial.

Edited by billybong

Yep, if you're in your late thirties and beyond and have tried the internet dating scene, you quickly realise it's all about the great personailty sense of humour sensitive good looks money.

And as you said it's not a criticism, just the way things are. Women want the best for themselves and their children, and money means security, power and status. Understandable really.

edited to add:

Hence my cynicism at shipbuilder's noble but anachronistic 'till death do us part' philosophy. Sadly it just doesn't work anymore, fall on hard times and it's off to greener financial pastures.

Why so many white women with black men and so few white women with oriental men then?

Black men are, rightly or wrongly, stereotyped as financially poor, agressive/violent, stupid/having mental health problems, having fidelity problems, prone to criminality,being absent fathers etc etc.

Oriental men are stereotyped as being hardworking, having their own little business empire's being good husbands etc etc.

The answer is simple

Its all about the pen1s size.

White women go for black men because their willies are bigger than white mens

Asian women go for white men because their willies are bigger than asian mens

Black men are, rightly or wrongly, stereotyped as financially poor, agressive/violent, stupid/having mental health problems, having fidelity problems, prone to criminality,being absent fathers etc etc.

In the Orient almost all of the above is the white man stereotype.

Edited by FaFa!

In the Orient almost all of the above is the white man stereotype.

Why do so many of them want to move to western countries then?

They should just stay at home , save themself the bother.

You missed wife beating.... a very popular stereotype held by Chinese people.

Really? Never heard that one. Anyway, in my experience Orientals view white people either as Forrest Gump or Einstein with little in between.

Why do so many of them want to move to western countries then?

Money.

It is only really Orientals from developing countries who go abroad on an notable scale, and then, as far as China is concerned, it is generally people from specific regions of China (Fujian is particularly notorious). Chinese students want to return to the motherland in general. And anyway it is just a stereotype. Most Chinese people who have actually dealt with foreigners on a day to day basis obviously come to understand the realities. I don't think Orientals are really interested in the countries they live in, but they have no great desire to rock the boat.

Edited by FaFa!

Really? Never heard that one.

It was a while ago, almost a sort of meme developed when gazza beat up his wife..... it got generalised to ALL white men do this.

It was a while ago, almost a sort of meme developed when gazza beat up his wife..... it got generalised to ALL white men do this.

Yeah, that happens. I remember stuff being in the news and I'd get get asked whether I did this. I also remember one student seeking me out to ask some advice. He had two or three girls on the go and wanted to know how to keep each of them in the dark. Being a white man, he assumed I'd have expert knowledge and experience in this area <_< .

Anyway, in fairness to the Chinese, they are not the only group of people prone to stereotyping. And it should also be mentioned in mitigation they enjoy stereotyping people from different regions (effeminate Shanghai men, sly Sichuanese, money grubbing southerners, is it the Hunanese or Henanese who are all thieves? I forgot)