House Price Crash Forum

Labour = No Cap

HOLA441
HOLA442

We need to start increasing the immigration numbers by a significant margin if we hope to keep the current system afloat.

Why is this a bad thing? How is this news? There are simply not enough people paying in to the system.

Or, we learn to live with a lot less comfort in life. Tons less.

HOLA443

We need to start increasing the immigration numbers by a significant margin if we hope to keep the current system afloat.

Why is this a bad thing? How is this news? There are simply not enough people paying in to the system.

Worked a treat the last ten years, not.

HOLA444
HOLA445

Ponzinomics laid bare.

Apart from it's not that simple. Immigration does not create jobs. It may surpress wages but adds strain to already creaking infrastructure as well asfundamentally undermining the culture of the nation.

The immigration is all good argument is bunk. Inviting the third world to live here won't make us richer in the long term, quite the opposite. We need to innovate, retool and begin to live within our means. Adding 20 million more people to the uk population won't in my view improve anything.

HOLA446
HOLA447

Actually it did.

Gubmint reckons that immigrants paid about 10% more in tax than they received in services and social welfare.

LOL.

What about the millions on unemployment benefit and long term "sickness" benefit as a result.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

LOL.

What about the millions on unemployment benefit and long term "sickness" benefit as a result.

There were millions on the dole in the early 80's. What were the immigration numbers like back then?

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

There were millions on the dole in the early 80's. What were the immigration numbers like back then?

Given that there are 8-9 million economically inactive at the moment, the highest recorded level of unemployment in the 18-24 age range ever, I wonder what the true current unemployment figure is ? I'm sure it will improve when the public sector cuts really take effect :lol:

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Given that there are 8-9 million economically inactive at the moment, the highest recorded level of unemployment in the 18-24 age range ever, I wonder what the true current unemployment figure is ? I'm sure it will improve when the public sector cuts really take effect :lol:

I would guess that 2 million have been directly or indirectly displaced from the jobs market, could be a lot more as the migrant labour numbers are effectively unknown.

Edited by OnlyMe

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

That's pathetic even for a troll :lol:

Uh-huh...

Hardly, I have family that do social work there, and most of the West Coast, lucky for them (not). Have you been to Maryhill Glasgow recently?

Or my least favourite Scottish towns; Saltcoats, Stevenson, Ardrosson, Irvine. Teeming with junkies and they are all pasty, and white.

The 'immigrants' run the corner shops, petrol stations, news agents, off licences, chippies, etc... I don't see that as a bad thing.

HOLA4417

Frankly, I think that rational argument about immigration is a waste of time. We are in the EU and have no control over it. Sooner or later the people will rebel and violence will sort it all out.

HOLA4418

You cant cap whilst we are in the EU. And no party other than ukip is calling for withdrawal. So the influx continues.

The pressure on housing will grow and grow. You cannot have cheap housing when there are so many trying to acquire so few properties. As more people come in, more and more people become dehoused. That figure of 80% growth in hidden homeless in uk households stated in tonight's council house program, shows the real affect of uncontrolled immigration. It is a terrible tragedy, an no one in power cares, they don't feel the pain the people feel.

HOLA4419

Uh-huh...

Hardly, I have family that do social work there, and most of the West Coast, lucky for them (not). Have you been to Maryhill Glasgow recently?

Or my least favourite Scottish towns; Saltcoats, Stevenson, Ardrosson, Irvine. Teeming with junkies and they are all pasty, and white.

The 'immigrants' run the corner shops, petrol stations, news agents, off licences, chippies, etc... I don't see that as a bad thing.

A well formed argument and a basis for a national policy:

1 junkie (white & pasty) = 1 hard working immigrant

QED

HOLA4420

You cant cap whilst we are in the EU. And no party other than ukip is calling for withdrawal. So the influx continues.

The pressure on housing will grow and grow. You cannot have cheap housing when there are so many trying to acquire so few properties. As more people come in, more and more people become dehoused. That figure of 80% growth in hidden homeless in uk households stated in tonight's council house program, shows the real affect of uncontrolled immigration. It is a terrible tragedy, an no one in power cares, they don't feel the pain the people feel.

Are you saying the homeless are hiding in peoples houses now? Is that why we can`t see them? As for the rest, try telling it to the mug punters trying to shift property round me in Edinburgh.

Edited by dances with sheeple

HOLA4421

A well formed argument and a basis for a national policy:

1 junkie (white & pasty) = 1 hard working immigrant

QED

What do you have to contribute to the discussion other than being critical and provocative?

I say immigration is good, because we need more people perform menial labour and to tax.

Not much we can do about the social welfare system here. Abuses must cease from the top.

As long as you have politicians and corporations running amok with the public purse in the region of 100's of billions, it seems rather pointless to berate the population of multi-generational benefit seekers, who draw say £20 billion from the taxpayer, innit?

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

Whatever you think about immigration, you've got to admit that was a stupendously dumb move. One thing the British public does now seem to be broadly in agreement on is that there should be less immigration.

the opening the doors of Rome was one of the factors of its decline.

HOLA4424

Actually it did.

Gubmint reckons that immigrants paid about 10% more in tax than they received in services and social welfare.

Course they do! They're predominantly at productive times of life!

A generation on, immigrants grow old, too. But by then they're no longer new immigrants.

HOLA4425

You cant cap whilst we are in the EU. And no party other than ukip is calling for withdrawal.

Actually the BNP would also kill immigration stone dead, leave the EU, and deport a lot of the immigrants we already have.

Immigration has been dire for the UK, certainly not advantageous. There was a House of Lords report on the subject back in 2008. Details here...

http://britishnationalist.blogspot.com/2008/04/mass-immigration-is-bad-for-uk.html