House Price Crash Forum

Spanish Nightmare

88Crash

HOLA441

Aren't those people winning though?

I've got money in the bank and feel like I've been mugged.

Nothing wrong in having some money in the bank....why are they winning? Some people have got themselves into so much debt but have no recollection of what they spent it on or how they got there. :blink:

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

Suicide isn't nice, but I guess being paramedics, they will know how to do it cleanly

Combination of losing house, debt etc, can have that effect - happened to a friend of mine 2 weeks ago!

Anyone taking this route, beause they owe money, is a fool.

But I guess, stressed people act oddly.

HOLA443

Aren't those people winning though?

I've got money in the bank and feel like I've been mugged.

And if these beggers who are "winning" are anything like my Sibling they will have other debt too. You need a lot of inflation to pay off several hundred thousand of debt when you currently earn (say) 50k between you and you only have another 15 years of work left.

I know we are forecasting inflation and I think its busting through the roof. But the level needed to make that debt go away would mean the assets I would be buying would be farm land, seed potatoes and a gun to protect it - and I don't think we'll get to that.

No, they will leave the world with less than they arrived with and the last 20 odd years of life in misery. A bit like the grasshopper.

HOLA444

Very sorry to hear that.

It is very unnerving to think that some of our friends and family have bought into this madness so thoroughly that it can utterly destroy them before our eyes.

Thanks as well - unnerving and very sad and sadly not much you can do once somebody has made up their mind

HOLA445

Anyone taking this route, beause they owe money, is a fool.

But I guess, stressed people act oddly.

Not a fool.

the stress unpayable debt doesnt happen today, kill myself tomoz.

It starts off, oo, I have no money, or I cant pay the credit cards my usual 10%...thats OK, ill cut back to minimum payment...this month.

Next month, its a Birthday some parties, extra money you dont want to spend, but hey, dont want people thinking Im worried, what the hell.

Next month, you hear of job cuts, not yours, but someone else near you....

Next month, no overtime, the car needs a new clutch...the debt mounts.

this goes on for months....eventually, you wont answer the phone, letters from creditors, you clutch at straws...borrow from a friend, extra on the cards....it just builds up.

no, this type of thing builds up....and those on mortgage releif for months....and no job in sight....add in the other debts...you go mentally unstable.

HOLA446

Nothing wrong in having some money in the bank....why are they winning? Some people have got themselves into so much debt but have no recollection of what they spent it on or how they got there. :blink:

Except your bank may have loads of counter party risk with the banks that are underwater to somewhere in the region of at least £100,000 to these two dead beats.

The problem is insulating yourself from these dipsticks folly. I dont care if they go down but indiectly they are likely to take the rest of us with them.

Personally I am in favour of Gulags where these idiots and the bank employees who lent them the money can work off the liabilty over the next 20 years

Never thought I would find myself agreeing with Stalin.

Edited by realcrookswearsuits

HOLA447

Except your bank may have loads of counter party risk with the banks that are underwater to somewhere in the region of at least £100,000 to these two dead beats.

The problem is insulating yourself from these dipsticks folly. I dont care if they go down but indiectly they are likely to take the rest of us with them.

Personally I am in favour of Gulags where these idiots and the bank employees who lent them the money can work off the liabilty over the next 20 years

Never thought I would find myself agreeing with Stalin.

When I say money in the bank I mean to have a balance in the black not the red. ;)

HOLA448

I have to listen to all sorts of whining from my sibling that is caused by financial stress just like the Mail's examples. I say nothing in the interests of my aging parents. I am working up a speech for my sibling that I am going to give them, both barrels, after my parents pass away if they say one word more. Just one and they'll get my real view and then they can p!ss off. If I never seen them again I won't lose a moments sleep over it.

That is considerate and quite right and it sounds like its very frustrating, although rather than 'both barrels' maybe just a reasonable response MAY??? have more effect - when the time is right?

HOLA449
HOLA4410
Wiltshire MEP Ashley Fox said: ‘To me this is against the laws of natural justice. I shall be writing to the Commission to ask that they investigate.’

No moron, they are not paying back a loan. It's not free cash, unlike an MEP's expenses.

The couple – who are both NHS paramedics and have two daughters aged 12 and 14

What on earth made these people think they could afford to bring up two children and continue to pay 400k in debts?

I can see the suicide rate going up as a result.

This is very emotive language from someone who is supposed to be a lifesaver. This woman is spineless. She doesn't think before opening her gob, in the same way she didn't think about the consequences of debt. I wonder what her poor kids will feel if they read this? They might think their mother is going to kill herself or perhaps they'll just find out they mother is a stupid selfish c**t.

UK Ministry of Justice

I thought this was shut down years ago! :unsure:

These 2 chancers have (had) a nice 300K home and a couple of daughters. Most people would think they were blessed enough. That wasn't enough because they were greedy and will now lose the lot. Worse things happen in life: cancer, murder, rape and watching Hollyoaks. Grow a pair of balls and move on.

I should make a pathetic emotional appeal about how I've lost interest on my savings because of the artificially low interest rates. Boo hoo for me. I've had to cut back on my lattes. I barely touch the Mouton Rothschild these days, what we've the enforced poverty......I have 20 kids, do work for charity etc. etc. boo hoo.

Edited by Xurbia

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Talking of debt to the eye balls. Seen a house go SSTC within 1 day, done the research online like you do how much was paid and when out of interest. No record going back to 1996 unless you pay the £4 to search the land registry. So i thought there was a very small or no mortgage on the property. It appeared in the agents Friday with a 7 day notice from mortgagees.

So it appears they bought it pre 1996 and have remortgaged up to the hilt. :o

HOLA4413

Not a fool.

It starts off, oo, I have no money, or I cant pay the credit cards my usual 10%...thats OK, ill cut back to minimum payment...this month.

Next month, its a Birthday some parties, extra money you dont want to spend, but hey, dont want people thinking Im worried, what the hell.

this goes on for months....eventually, you wont answer the phone, letters from creditors, you clutch at straws...borrow from a friend, extra on the cards....it just builds up.

no, this type of thing builds up....and those on mortgage releif for months....and no job in sight....add in the other debts...you go mentally unstable.

I’m not religious, but I think there is some sort of saying in the bible – like “being or putting yourself in the other mans shoes”?

Something in that I reckon? Within reason most of us at some time in our life have probably said “I’d never do that” even on petty issues, however if the burden of debt builds up and other pressures in life, who knows?

Suicide is the most extreme reaction, but how many people do we ALL know that drink too much or smoke some dope or take prescription medicine

Then think about how many people we know that do the above BUT no one knows because they keep it quiet?

HOLA4414

These 2 chancers have (had) a nice 300K home and a couple of daughters. Most people would think they were blessed enough. That wasn't enough because they were greedy and will now lose the lot. Worse things happen in life: cancer, murder, rape and watching Hollyoaks. Grow a pair of balls and move on.

I should make a pathetic emotional appeal about how I've lost interest on my savings because of the artificially low interest rates. Boo hoo for me. I've had to cut back on my lattes. I barely touch the Mouton Rothschild these days, what we've the enforced poverty......I have 20 kids, do work for charity etc. etc. boo hoo.

I agree with your logic and if you can live your whole life by that standard - its good (I'm not being sarcastic BTW)

The couple have probably been both selfish and greedy and with two kids - sucicide should not be an option, but sadly so many people have been caught up in the HPI madness, logic doesn't seem to apply to them

Remember the guy that took out his daughter and wife a couple of years back, mansion, supercars etc,, for whatever reason and we will never know, one thing for sure....for a while his logic and his appreciation of life left him BIG TIME!

HOLA4415

Not a fool.

Bloo Loo, you speak that as if you've lived it. ;)

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Not a fool.

I didn't mean to sound so heartless.

It's just that, if you can somehow look at the Universe in it's true sense of wonderment, and then at our Planet in terms of teeming millions, resulting in movement, colour and sound, then one's current predicament of owing money seems pointless.

Does that make sense.....or am I going all cranky? :)

(But I also understand that sensitive people get depressed, and depression can result in death - really sad - and of course so many of us have been there)

HOLA4418

iirc bloo well understands impotence in the face of cashflow problems from the last one.I remember the last one and I've been telling people for years that this one will make the 90's look like a wlak in the park.most people laughed at me even suggesting that their hosue might drop in value.this ain't gonna be pretty.

I was there in the last one. Lost everything. Me, wife and kids in a homeless hostel for 6 months.

Never again

HOLA4419

I was there in the last one. Lost everything. Me, wife and kids in a homeless hostel for 6 months.

Never again

I was within about 3 months of being in the same situation in the last one.

Like you, I will do everything that I can to ensure that I am not in the same position again. The problem is that we cannot say "never again" with 100% certainty.

HOLA4420

I was within about 3 months of being in the same situation in the last one.

Like you, I will do everything that I can to ensure that I am not in the same position again. The problem is that we cannot say "never again" with 100% certainty.

Sold my house 2007 (currently renting). Money outside of banking system and, if necessry, I can exchange it for something tangible at short notice.

I'm as "never again" as I can be. But yes, you're right, there is no such thing as 100% certainty.

Edited by tallguy

HOLA4421

iirc bloo well understands impotence in the face of cashflow problems from the last one.I remember the last one and I've been telling people for years that this one will make the 90's look like a wlak in the park.most people laughed at me even suggesting that their hosue might drop in value.this ain't gonna be pretty.

From my experience some will be able to cope better than others....many many will find that the standard of living they have become accustomed to will fall, this doesn't always turn out to be a bad thing, live and learn. ;)

No success without failure.

No failure without success.

HOLA4422

I didn't mean to sound so heartless.

It's just that, if you can somehow look at the Universe in it's true sense of wonderment, and then at our Planet in terms of teeming millions, resulting in movement, colour and sound, then one's current predicament of owing money seems pointless.

Does that make sense.....or am I going all cranky? :)

(But I also understand that sensitive people get depressed, and depression can result in death - really sad - and of course so many of us have been there)

When you are cold and hungry and have the responsibility of putting food on the tables for a family, for a parent, for your kids then it is not so easy to look at the 'wonders of the Universe'.

HOLA4423

I agree with your logic and if you can live your whole life by that standard - its good (I'm not being sarcastic BTW)

The couple have probably been both selfish and greedy and with two kids - sucicide should not be an option, but sadly so many people have been caught up in the HPI madness, logic doesn't seem to apply to them

Remember the guy that took out his daughter and wife a couple of years back, mansion, supercars etc,, for whatever reason and we will never know, one thing for sure....for a while his logic and his appreciation of life left him BIG TIME!

Most people, me included, learn from their mistakes and from first-hand experience. These people are old enough to have witnessed the last property crash and the destruction it caused. People were moping around my office in 1991 saying they would hand the keys back in if the interest rate went any higher. These people deserve all they get. They are the new breed of selfish Brit. I believe a little debt can be a good thing but debt works both ways. Why should the bank (and its savers) take a loss?

They are responsible for 2 children and for 2 mortgages. They should have decided when to stop gambling. There is a distinct lack of honour in Britain. Are they going to decide to put their children in a care-home because they cannot keep up the repayments? They also have a duty of care to the British public, given their important role in society. A paramedic should not be talking about suicide. It is melodramtic and reckless.

There are brave soldiers fighting a war that most could care less about. They have a right to talk about suicide when have their limbs are blown off. It just sickens me that people are such pussies. Nobody is going to reimburse people on this forum that decided to STR. They made a choice. Some will lose and some will gain.

I feel sorry for the kids. They have feckless parents. Let's hope they live and learn. I expect we will be hearing many tales of woe as unemployment trends higher. As the Yanks say "Suck it up".

Edited by Xurbia

HOLA4424

When you are cold and hungry and have the responsibility of putting food on the tables for a family, for a parent, for your kids then it is not so easy to look at the 'wonders of the Universe'.

thats true, but it is exaclty the time when you really need to try and step back and look around...gather your resources, family and seek help.

Your fairweather friends will have dumped you, your dreams are gone...you are a failure...

Of course, while the debt is real, the main problem is not the debt, its the helplessness of the situation, all built up with the shame of failure, and everyone else is still coping, why cant you??...and that mind becomes tired and paranoid, and you will see other people looking at you as if they KNOW what a failure you are, so strong is the feeling...they MUST see right through you...but you must act strong, you must be "yourself"...that being the "yourself" you created in the boomtime.

Sorry guys, this one is a bit close...lost several acquaintances in GC1, one close to taking me out......

HOLA4425

thats true, but it is exaclty the time when you really need to try and step back and look around...gather your resources, family and seek help.

Your fairweather friends will have dumped you, your dreams are gone...you are a failure...

Of course, while the debt is real, the main problem is not the debt, its the helplessness of the situation, all built up with the shame of failure, and everyone else is still coping, why cant you??...and that mind becomes tired and paranoid, and you will see other people looking at you as if they KNOW what a failure you are, so strong is the feeling...they MUST see right through you...but you must act strong, you must be "yourself"...that being the "yourself" you created in the boomtime.

Sorry guys, this one is a bit close...lost several acquaintances in GC1, one close to taking me out......

Reminds me of this..

It's good to see you're broken

But I'm not glad you're hurt

I'm just glad you're back

And that your bubble burst

The dreams that you were chasing

Have left you in the dirt

Things are getting better

Now that things are getting worse

And all the easy money

Is flyng out the door

It's back to basics now