HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
Guest Bart of Darkness
It could be you next time, if you dont learn the right lessons from this

Indeed. A failure to learn the lessons of that 1989-94 crash has been a defining characteristic of this present bubble. Who would bet against this happening again in the next bubble (whatever it is).

HOLA4411
Dear All, I must say that a lot of you should look at your behaviour and smugness over the past few weeks.  While I have come to admire a lot of what has been said over the past 6 months, the current attitude which has been seen is most distasteful.

I know what I find distasteful.

I find it distatseful when people with a huge portfolio of property, bought with MY money, lent at stupid rates, multiplied by fractional reserve banking, have the nerve to come to this site and accuse the good members here of being:

1 . lazy, when they themselves brag about how much free time they have as a landlord,

2 . gutless, when they merely don't understand the risks and, at a mere mention of the word "equity" they fight shy, claiming "too risky".

3 . stupid, when they were merely fortunate enough to be of that particular house-buying age in 1996

4 . scum

5 . scaremongers intent on causing a crash that will ruin lives, when they themselves stop at nothing to keep prices moving ever higher and ever further out of reach of anyone sensible enough not to want to sign their financial future away before they even had one.

To see attitudes such as "F*** em, they are stupid" is distasteful.  To mock someone for ignorance is frankly terrible.  I myself earn around 3 times the National average wage, maybe more than what a lot on here earn.  Am I to say "F*** you all, I'm better off because I'm more intelligent"? 

For your information studies have shown an inverse correlation between earnings and intelligence. Think about it: how much does the head of research earn compared to the head of sales? How much does Steven Hawkins earn compared to David Beckham? I remeber a "Test the Nation" where the highest earners had the lowest IQ and the highest IQ was found to belong to some unemployed chap. Get real: in general salary is to do with who you know, not what you know.

If you really think you are all that, try working for yourself in a job that doesn't rely on the experience of others. BTLers have been doing that for a while now and are about to find out how much of it was down to them, and how much was down to market dynamics they cared little for: ie luck. But go to singing pig and you'll still see some of the old brashness. There was even one guy with a signature that said : "Success is all down to luck: just ask a loser!"

Smug? These guys here? You've lived a sheltered life m8

Edited by Sledgehead

HOLA4412

Think about it: how much does the head of research earn compared to the head of sales? How much does Steven Hawkins earn compared to David Beckham? I remeber a "Test the Nation" where the highest earners had the lowest IQ and the highest IQ was found to belong to some unemployed chap. Get real: in general salary is to do with who you know, not what you know.

ahhh... yes... test the nation... the most truly scientific piece of social / psychological research ever conducted.

All benefit claimants are actually demonstrating IQ's of 150+. All CEO's are dimmer than a glue-sniffing sloth.

Get real, while SOME people's salary is due to nepotism, the vast majority actually have worked for it, not being in the OST network in our society, which believe it or not, is actually relatively socially mobile.

edited to change "teat the nation" to "test the nation".

Perhaps there would be more comers for the former though? :lol:

Edited by xian

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
ahhh... yes... test the nation... the most truly scientific piece of social / psychological research ever conducted.

All benefit claimants are actually demonstrating IQ's of 150+. All CEO's are dimmer than a glue-sniffing sloth.

Get real, while SOME people's salary is due to nepotism, the vast majority actually have worked for it, not being in the OST network in our society, which believe it or not, is actually relatively socially mobile.

edited to change "teat the nation" to "test the nation".

Perhaps there would be more comers for the former though?  :lol:

Don't be fooling yourself. Tell me what it is you think most people do at work. Solve schrodinger equations all day long?

Don't be daft. Do you think the sales figures get increased by upping your IQ? Hardly! It's all about licking ****. What else would you call asking after a clients wife "Doreen" or whatever, or getting him tickets for the test match? Hmmm?

Admin? No wthere's rocket science for you.

Marketing? Oooh, get under the skin of clients , ooh, real tricky. Purlease.

Human resources. waste of space. Most admit they'd do better throwing darts at application forms.

Planning? It's called common sense where I come from...

Accounts? The only thing that makes accountancy in any way tricky is the plethora of stupid wheezes people employ to muddy waht is essentially a logical trail of mathematics that never ventures beyond multiplication.

Actuarial? Getting a bit geeky now. No personality required. Miles more intelligent than sales, but which director earns more?

Public realtions dept? Spin, spin, spin. How clever is that? Sort of, until people find you out. Or else its a lot of power play and horse trading. Nothing a crafty idiot couldn't manage.

IT dept? A lot to learn and some of it unlearnable, but intelligence?

Legal dept? Mostly learnt, chance to show ingenuity if you are lucky.

Strategic biz dev dept? Most just copy somebody else or pay consultants to use acronyms.

CEOs? balls, front and more balls and plenty of advice from poorer paid brains.

Who are we really kidding here?

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
Guest Bart of Darkness
edited to change "teat the nation"

Now that sounds like my kind of TV (certainly would justify the licence fee on its own).

Just as long as they don't get Anne Robinson to host it! :(

HOLA4417
Don't be fooling yourself. Tell me what it is you think most people do at work. Solve schrodinger equations all day long?

Don't be daft. Do you think the sales figures get increased by upping your IQ? Hardly! It's all about licking ****. What else would you call asking after  a clients wife "Doreen" or whatever, or getting him tickets for the test match? Hmmm?

Admin? No wthere's rocket science for you.

Marketing? Oooh, get under the skin of clients , ooh, real tricky. Purlease.

Human resources. waste of space. Most admit they'd do better throwing darts at application forms.

Planning? It's called common sense where I come from...

Accounts? The only thing that makes accountancy in any way tricky is the plethora of stupid wheezes people employ to muddy waht is essentially a logical trail of mathematics that never ventures beyond multiplication.

Actuarial? Getting a bit geeky now. No personality required. Miles more intelligent than sales, but which director earns more?

Public realtions dept? Spin, spin, spin. How clever is that? Sort of, until people find you out. Or else its a lot of power play and horse trading. Nothing a crafty idiot couldn't manage.

IT dept? A lot to learn and some of it unlearnable, but intelligence?

Legal dept? Mostly learnt, chance to show ingenuity if you are lucky.

Strategic biz dev dept? Most just copy somebody else or pay consultants to use acronyms.

CEOs? balls, front and more balls and plenty of advice from poorer paid brains.

Who are we really kidding here?

sorry this is just naive wishful thinking.

Sales - yes - high salary but intelligence also incorporates ability to relate to people and understand their issues - that is really what generates sales and makes a good sales person.

Admin - don't think many have ever used nepotism to get into admin! Nor HR... no Accounts...in fact nearly all the areas you name are unlikely to be highly prized positions gifted through privileged networks. CEO's and immediate reports, or their immediate reports, yes perhaps so to some extent, but even then you are assuming established co's.

So which dept are you in?

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
For your information studies have shown an inverse correlation between earnings and intelligence. Think about it: how much does the head of research earn compared to the head of sales? How much does Steven Hawkins earn compared to David Beckham? I remeber a "Test the Nation" where the highest earners had the lowest IQ and the highest IQ was found to belong to some unemployed chap. Get real: in general salary is to do with who you know, not what you know.

Now I know it is in the wee hours where you are, but I must take exception to that. All the census statistics and studies I have seen show the opposite, at least if you use education as a guide. Perhaps you have anecdotal evidence to the contrary, but the statistics do not lie. More education = more money. (up to a point and in general).

Part of being intelligent is learning and using office politics to your advantage. If you wish to call that "who you know", then so be it.

HOLA4424
Pulling another allnighter, rfd?

i hope not. i gave up smoking in may, but have had a set back. im smoking a part pack of amber leaf and my minds turning like a like a bashful spar assistants face while ringing up a top shelf copy of 40+. and i can hear the intro to money for nothing next door. they keep repeating it.

if only i had some rohypnol or diazepam i could cope, but without it i keep imagining crude robot figures and cant sleep.

HOLA4425
i hope not. i gave up smoking in may, but have had a set back. im smoking a part pack of amber leaf and my minds turning like a like a bashful spar assistants face while ringing up a top shelf copy of 40+. and i can hear the intro to money for nothing next door. they keep repeating it.

if only i had some rohypnol or diazepam i could cope, but without it i keep imagining crude robot figures and cant sleep.

I want my, I want my, I want my MTV.....