House Price Crash Forum

Is Everything To Do With Government The Opposite Of What It Claims?

Optobear

HOLA441

Okay,

so we've always known that many of entities in government are the opposite of what they claim

Ministry of defence is really Ministry of war

National Health Service is really National Illness Service

Department of Work and Pensions is really Department of Unemployment

But increasingly I'm starting to view most of government spending as the opposite of what it claims too.

So £20bn on housing benefit is really £20bn given to landlords from taxpayers.

£2bn of legal aid is really a way of giving £2bn to lawyers to enjoy a very comfortable standard of living (btw, I was surprised that the news media didn't point out that lots of lawyers will be having a lean christmas with cuts announced).

£169bn Income support and £22bn family tax credit are huge subsidies to Tesco, Sainsbury, Asda, and Morrisons.

Mortgage Support is for bankers, etc.

If you stop and think about where the money goes you see that most of these benefits are in fact subsidies of people who don't really need it. So the biggest beneficiaries of housing benefits are the biggest landlords, the biggest winner from Income support is Lord Sainsbury... etc. you get the idea.

Is it only me that is thinking this way? I've found it quite a startling revelation, and makes me look very differently at the media reports on cuts and public spending. Also, the ones I highlight above are all the super successful areas of the UK economy. Engineering, technology, computing etc that have all struggled don't get any part of those billions. No wonder they struggle.

Optobear

HOLA442
HOLA443
Okay,

so we've always known that many of entities in government are the opposite of what they claim

But increasingly I'm starting to view most of government spending as the opposite of what it claims too.

£2bn of legal aid is really a way of giving £2bn to lawyers to enjoy a very comfortable standard of living (btw, I was surprised that the news media didn't point out that lots of lawyers will be having a lean christmas with cuts announced).

£169bn Income support and £22bn family tax credit are huge subsidies to Tesco, Sainsbury, Asda, and Morrisons.

If you stop and think about where the money goes you see that most of these benefits are in fact subsidies of people who don't really need it. So the biggest beneficiaries of housing benefits are the biggest landlords, the biggest winner from Income support is Lord Sainsbury... etc. you get the idea.

Is it only me that is thinking this way? I've found it quite a startling revelation, and makes me look very differently at the media reports on cuts and public spending. Also, the ones I highlight above are all the super successful areas of the UK economy. Engineering, technology, computing etc that have all struggled don't get any part of those billions. No wonder they struggle.

Optobear

Citizen Optobear please report to your local reprogramming facility immediately, we have reason to suspect a fault with your world view that requires immediate correction. As a temporary measure please repeat the following phrase twice each quarter hour: " Poor people are responsible for the current emergency"

NOTE: This phrase is generic and a can be safely applied to all contingent circumstances.

Thank you for your attention.

HOLA444

If you stop and think about where the money goes you see that most of these benefits are in fact subsidies of people who don't really need it. ....

They do need it - that's how they get rich and got rich in the first place - taking your money.

HOLA445

Your right to a degree.

Just look at transport.

Subsidy after subsidy after subsidy.

The only thing not subsidised is the collecting of fares from people whom work, a growing proportion whom are priced out of car ownership by insurance and the very heaving policing of it (by state subsidised police offers).

Right to a degree?

What degree? - I'll have an honourary doctorate in stating the bleedin obvious.

HOLA446

Citizen Optobear please report to your local reprogramming facility immediately, we have reason to suspect a fault with your world view that requires immediate correction. As a temporary measure please repeat the following phrase twice each quarter hour: " Poor people are responsible for the current emergency"

NOTE: This phrase is generic and a can be safely applied to all contingent circumstances.

:D:D:D:D

Funny as soon as I saw this thread I thought how much we're getting into Orwell land

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

citizen optobear, we normally only send jewish banker conspiracy theorist types here.......but be careful what you think OK

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fixated_Threat_Assessment_Centre

remember at the centre we can "care for you" without access to your legal rep for an indefinite period - your a danger you just don't know it yet :ph34r:

HOLA4412

Not any more - I hadn't really thought about it like that, but you're absolutely right!

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

citizen optobear, we normally only send jewish banker conspiracy theorist types here.......but be careful what you think OK

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fixated_Threat_Assessment_Centre

remember at the centre we can "care for you" without access to your legal rep for an indefinite period - your a danger you just don't know it yet :ph34r:

Yes, clearly a concern, but isn't there a significant payout - no questions asked - if you are put away by the security services? Or is that only if you take the Cuban timeshare option?

HOLA4417

Sometimes I just get the urge to print out a post and waft it under my MP's nose saying: "this". It happens quite a lot with Optobear's threads.

Chef,

how very kind. I am flattered, but why not actually send it to your MP, pose it as a question, I'd love to know if you get a response.

Optobear

• 2 weeks later...
HOLA4418

Okay,

Just noticed another great example courtesy of interestrateripoff

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=155309&view=findpost&p=2803163

The Office for Budget Responsibility (OBR) - what is its opposite?

The Office of irresponsible budgeting and printing of cash (OIBPC)

<_<

HOLA4419

Your right to a degree.

Just look at transport.

Subsidy after subsidy after subsidy.

The only thing not subsidised is the collecting of fares from people whom work, a growing proportion whom are priced out of car ownership by insurance and the very heaving policing of it (by state subsidised police offers).

good point made

HOLA4420

how much in taxes do we pay ?

gross pay becomes net pay

and after that everything you buy with it is taxed again and again

even before the goods hit the shops they have been subjected to many

forms of taxation which are added on to the end price which is usually

subject to vat , even if you dont spend it they tax the interest on you saving it

stamp duty, council tax ,road tax, tv licence,fuel duty , NI contributions .........................

one way or another they'll shaft you

HOLA4421

how much in taxes do we pay ?

gross pay becomes net pay

and after that everything you buy with it is taxed again and again

even before the goods hit the shops they have been subjected to many

forms of taxation which are added on to the end price which is usually

subject to vat , even if you dont spend it they tax the interest on you saving it

stamp duty, council tax ,road tax, tv licence,fuel duty , NI contributions .........................

one way or another they'll shaft you

No tax if we are paid in expenses....I would love to hand an employer a list of the expense of living, cost of getting to work, food to keep me fit for working, a home and furniture to provide a base near to where I work.... ;)

HOLA4422

Okay,

Optobear

I see you have decided to take the blue pill.

HOLA4423

I see you have decided to take the blue pill.

Took the blue pill? I hope I didn't. I don't think I did, I didn't intend to take it, but maybe I did?

"the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe", or to take the red pill, where "you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes."

Unless the blue pill you mean is one of those triangular shaped ones?

HOLA4424

And the purpose of the Dept of Educatuon is to provide an army of trained

workers for private (and public) sector employers. Degrees increasingly only really matter if they arte vocational.

And prospective students are encouraged to work out the ROI of their courses.

Truancy officers, the school bell and set break times are simply there to train the workforce into clock-watchin subservience.

HOLA4425

Took the blue pill? I hope I didn't. I don't think I did, I didn't intend to take it, but maybe I did?

"the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe", or to take the red pill, where "you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes."

Unless the blue pill you mean is one of those triangular shaped ones?

Ah, I think i meant the red pill then....

I was always sh*t at remembering movies... :lol: