OnlyMe

HOLA441

What a difference a decade makes.

http://www.autoindustry.co.uk/articles/01-03-99_12

Delphi Automotive Systems

Author: DTI/SMMT

Source: Autoindustry

Publication Date: 1st March 1999

"In overall costs per man hour to produce a product with a high technology content, there are only one or two countries in Europe that can beat the UK, but those countries cannot beat it on the ability to support customers locally or to provide the whole infrastructure for supporting manufacturing."

He says these attributes create big potential opportunities for British suppliers that match up to the demands of the market. Within Delphi UK, he cites electronic products, chassis modules and steering systems as examples of manufacturing the company carries out with great success.

Delphi has four UK manufacturing facilities. Chassis modules are made at Luton, Bedfordshire; steering columns in Southampton, Hampshire; a Sequenced In-Line Supply (SILS) operation at Ellesmere Port, Cheshire, co-ordinates products from 73 European locations and makes modules; and engine management components and instrument clusters are produced at Liverpool, Mersyside, which is also a Delco Electronics engineering centre. There is also a customer service centre in Coventry.

Job cuts feared at car parts firm

(UKPA) – 7 hours ago

Car parts manufacturer Delphi plans to close a UK plant with the loss of more than 180 jobs, a union has claimed.

The US multi-national has begun talks with trade union Unite over the future of an electronics factory in Kirkby, Merseyside.

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

I often return in thought to the 1960s, a time of hope after the austerity of the 1950s.

A time when anyone who was prudent could afford to buy a property according to their means.

A time when a murder made the front pages of the National Press.

But best of all when 21 years of age I bought a brand new Mini Van for £349 tax free with fully comp insurance at £31 and a gallon of petrol for 25p. ;)

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

I often return in thought to the 1960s, a time of hope after the austerity of the 1950s.

A time when anyone who was prudent could afford to buy a property according to their means.

A time when a murder made the front pages of the National Press.

But best of all when 21 years of age I bought a brand new Mini Van for £349 tax free with fully comp insurance at £31 and a gallon of petrol for 25p. ;)

Charlie-You made my day. Somebody older than me. McMillan was spot on really-"you never had it so good". I remember taking my evening papers and the last hanging took place at Strangeways. Happy days.

Cant remember five bob a gallon but certainly 3 gallon for a quid.

Edited by tomwatkins

HOLA4412

What a difference a decade makes.

Delphi Automotive Systems

Author: DTI/SMMT

Source: Autoindustry

Publication Date: 1st March 1999

"In overall costs per man hour to produce a product with a high technology content, there are only one or two countries in Europe that can beat the UK, but those countries cannot beat it on the ability to support customers locally or to provide the whole infrastructure for supporting manufacturing."

He says these attributes create big potential opportunities for British suppliers that match up to the demands of the market. Within Delphi UK, he cites electronic products, chassis modules and steering systems as examples of manufacturing the company carries out with great success.

Delphi has four UK manufacturing facilities. Chassis modules are made at Luton, Bedfordshire; steering columns in Southampton, Hampshire; a Sequenced In-Line Supply (SILS) operation at Ellesmere Port, Cheshire, co-ordinates products from 73 European locations and makes modules; and engine management components and instrument clusters are produced at Liverpool, Mersyside, which is also a Delco Electronics engineering centre. There is also a customer service centre in Coventry.

Job cuts feared at car parts firm

(UKPA) – 7 hours ago

Car parts manufacturer Delphi plans to close a UK plant with the loss of more than 180 jobs, a union has claimed.

The US multi-national has begun talks with trade union Unite over the future of an electronics factory in Kirkby, Merseyside.

Well, that's what you get when you inflate an economy out of all proportions.

HOLA4413

1999 ?

there was nothing wrong with much until 11th september 2001. 8.45am

think about it.

Did you miss the giant dot.com boom and epic bust?

Well, we all missed the epic bust as we blew an even bigger bubble in housing, but there was plenty rotten before 9/11

HOLA4414

sany0081.gif

Remember the good days? So much hope, so much promise, so much spin, so many lies...

That picture really makes me feel physically sick. Even at a ripe age of 29 at the time and in my last year of university, deep down I knew that New Labour would royally fvck things up....... and 13 years down the line, I'm truly vindicated. What a waste! mad.gif

HOLA4415