House Price Crash Forum

Sky News' Kay Burley Shouts Down Protestor

1929crash

HOLA441
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

If somebody wins an election they win, accept it. PR is the minority trying to be the majority, were all can't have our way. If 51% of the people were crying out for PR I would happily accept it!

wish there was a dick head emoticion

so you would support a referendum on it? Seems the fairest way surely?

HOLA443
HOLA444

If somebody wins an election they win, accept it. PR is the minority trying to be the majority, were all can't have our way. If 51% of the people were crying out for PR I would happily accept it!

wish there was a dick head emoticion

Funny. Saddam Hussein was always winning elections.

And George W Bush won twice, but only with the help of the Supreme Court and diebold voting machines.

True dickheads always fail to see the wider context.

HOLA445

She's using cross exam technique - the interviewer lays down the narrative - something Paxman screwed up badly in the interview with the Welsh economist. The allegation that she's shrieking at the end is nonsense.

It's reasonable to criticise people marching on parliament in the fall out of an indecisive election. They do have a serious point, but that's not the way to put it across just after a national poll.

TBF I was surprised they got so much coverage... they were a very small group. The marchers estimated 1000. In my experiences of demos the marchers over estimate and police under estimate the attendance numbers, but 1000 is very small by any reckoning.

HOLA446

She is quite repulsively ambitious though... would climb over bodies to get a scoop on Sky - perhaps she should have gone into politics.

They all are...I'm sure there is footage of a John Sergent and some other dude having a tussle during the Major years.

They go for her because she's a MILF.

And with regards to the PR protesters, well they need a proper spokesman that can bitch slap a journo...not some bumbling idiot that will never live that interview down for the rest of his life!

That guy did more damage to PR than Gordo to the UK economy!

HOLA447

TBF I was surprised they got so much coverage... they were a very small group. The marchers estimated 1000. In my experiences of demos the marchers over estimate and police under estimate the attendance numbers, but 1000 is very small by any reckoning.

Yes, but what was newsworthy was the cause.

Whoever heard of a demo in favour of proportional representation before this? :lol:

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

so you would support a referendum on it? Seems the fairest way surely?

Sure I would support a referendum on a change, but I would first like to have a choice of a few systems. Also an analysis of those systems etc

This is more democratic than simply PR or not

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Sure I would support a referendum on a change, but I would first like to have a choice of a few systems. Also an analysis of those systems etc

This is more democratic than simply PR or not

There is nothing more democratic than voting for your MP. And there is nothing more democratic then being able to ID your MP and shout "****** you f*cking w*nker" to him just as I did in the 97 election (I think it was that one).

I go along to the polling station and I vote for him. In this case a Tory got in and he's spot on with local issues...the Lib and Lab c*nts never came round but the Tory did! he was very knowledgeble on the area and that impressed me...I liked him. So I voted for him. He's now the local MP and will fight for local issues. :D

HOLA4413

Funny. Saddam Hussein was always winning elections.

And George W Bush won twice, but only with the help of the Supreme Court and diebold voting machines.

True dickheads always fail to see the wider context.

Now we are having the amateur dramatics!

HOLA4414

There is nothing more democratic than voting for your MP. And there is nothing more democratic then being able to ID your MP and shout "****** you f*cking w*nker" to him just as I did in the 97 election (I think it was that one).

I go along to the polling station and I vote for him. In this case a Tory got in and he's spot on with local issues...the Lib and Lab c*nts never came round but the Tory did! he was very knowledgeble on the area and that impressed me...I liked him. So I voted for him. He's now the local MP and will fight for local issues. :D

On second thoughts do we have enough money to have a vote evey time a Lib dem throws a tantrum

HOLA4415

On second thoughts do we have enough money to have a vote evey time a Lib dem throws a tantrum

They have always thrown a tantrum...for as long as I can remember the LDs, Alliance, SDP etc have always bitched on about PR and all because they cannot be arsed to wait...yes wait! Labour became the 2nd party in politics WITHOUT a change to the system! They overtook the Liberals through the polls...nothing else!

I my opinion, Cameron has played a blinder! The Lib Dems have always been fence sitters...well...the fence is gone! They have to make a choice! One will lead them to overtake Labour or the other will lead them to complete destruction! But once they overtake Labour, you'll see PR dropped!

HOLA4416

She is quite repulsively ambitious though... would climb over bodies to get a scoop on Sky - perhaps she should have gone into politics.

Sounds to me like she believes in what she does. Old style journo.

People should be criticised, even when they're doing the right thing - but the repulsive thing is to accuse them of corruption when they're trying to expose corruption.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Yeah, really democratic when your representative was voted by perhaps 35% (sometimes more sometimes less) of the electorate and follows the party whip rather than the interest of their constituents. Shouting names at them might make you feel better, but it hardly helps your interests get represented. And parties that really represent your interests are squeezed out because they cant possibly field a candidate in every constituency.

HOLA4419

The MAJORITY of the British Electorate did not vote for PR. Correct? :P:P:P

Sorry, did I miss something? Was there a referendum on a single issue?

Or were people really just given their same old quinquennial tribal choice between red, yellow and blue?

HOLA4420

Yeah, really democratic when your representative was voted by perhaps 35% (sometimes more sometimes less) of the electorate and follows the party whip rather than the interest of their constituents. Shouting names at them might make you feel better, but it hardly helps your interests get represented. And parties that really represent your interests are squeezed out because they cant possibly field a candidate in every constituency.

In the four-cornered fights you get in Scotland and Wales, you only need 26% to win. :o

HOLA4421

Cameron didn't win 35% of the electorate (or 36% more accurately).

He won 36% of the 65% of those who voted.

That's 23.4% of the electorate.

76.6% did not express a preference for him.

I'm neither for nor against any party - I'm against representative democracy altogther.

HOLA4422

I like her. Didnt she make Peter Andre cry?

She just goes all out and doesnt care how she looks or if she comes off worst. We need a more confrontational media.

Her combative attitude certainly makes a change from the usual raft of sugary sweet presenters.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

Her combative attitude certainly makes a change from the usual raft of sugary sweet presenters.

I think the problem is that she is seen as Murdoch's mouthpiece. Paxman and others who are equally combative have a reputation for dishing it out to all parties. Burley will always be seen as expressing the views and wishes of her lord and master.

HOLA4425

I think the problem is that she is seen as Murdoch's mouthpiece. Paxman and others who are equally combative have a reputation for dishing it out to all parties. Burley will always be seen as expressing the views and wishes of her lord and master.

Paxman at least has the nouse to know when to pick his fights.

When he interviewed dizzee rascal, he had kid gloves on.

When he interviewed nick griffin he just let him hang himself, no shouting or aggression.

This was just panicky attack dog on an untrained non-combatant. Do that to Mandelson when he is spinning you a line fair enough, but you don't interview normal humans like that.

Archived