House Price Crash Forum

Pmqs Are Ace This Week

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

I agree, I am watching it live right now.

Plenty of heckling going on this week.

I note how GB keeps going back to "Lord Ashcroft", "Lord Ashcroft", whenever Cameron asks him a heated question about defence spending.

Don't think I have ever seen Cameron look as angry, as he did there.

HOLA445

PMQ's always seem so bland to me and mostly scripted. The odd occasion when a real challenging question is raised, it is just ignored and instead brown brings up Lord Ashcroft

And example:

1225 Labour's David Winnick says Michael Foot was one of the "greatest patriots" the UK has had. He asks about the government's policy on torture - Mr Brown says it opposes the practice.

whats the point?

HOLA446

I note how GB keeps going back to "Lord Ashcroft", "Lord Ashcroft", whenever Cameron asks him a heated question about defence spending.

the horribe fat freak is nearly panting when he sits down, this election campaign might see him off. :)

HOLA447
HOLA448

1220 Mr Clegg says nine out 10 young men given short prison sentences re-offend within two years of release. The PM says that, if the Lib Dems supported the government on CCTV and DNA, it would help cut crime.

WTF does this mean?

Things that don't make sense:

• The question is about re-offending, not levels of crime

• There is no evidence that CCTV cuts crime

• Why should the lib-dems support every attack on our privacy - especially when such attacks have no obvious benefit?

Plonker...

HOLA449

I've been a lifelong LibDem voter. I live in a LibDem constituency, but it's marginal to the the Conservatives. For the first time ever I will be voting Conservative, tactically. Why? The over-riding need is to get Brown out of office, so if we can get a Conservative MP in my constituency that will help.

noticed today how huge the hanging rolls of fat from his belly were, when he sat down.
It's called middle-age spread and it happens to most of us. Edited by blankster

HOLA4410

WTF does this mean?

• Why should the lib-dems support every attack on our privacy - especially when such attacks have no obvious benefit?

Plonker...

Gordon Brown never answers a question

HOLA4411

AKA "The Toff Factor". NuLab ain't going to let this go, they do so enjoy class warfare!

HOLA4412

WTF does this mean?

Plonker...

thats how he answers every question

Questioner: "Gordon, what is your first name"

Gordon: "I'm more concerned about David Cameron's first name"

Questioner: "but surely you know your own name"

Gordon: My knowledge of my own name is increasing, and besides if the conservatives hadn't done more 15 years ago I would know my own name"

1/2 of it is staged and the other half goes round in a circle.

HOLA4413

thats how he answers every question

Questioner: "Gordon, what is your first name"

Gordon: "I'm more concerned about David Cameron's first name"

Questioner: "but surely you know your own name"

Gordon: My knowledge of my own name is increasing, and besides if the conservatives hadn't done more 15 years ago I would know my own name"

1/2 of it is staged and the other half goes round in a circle.

Yep, a political punch and judy show of the worst contrivance.

HOLA4414

Yep, a political punch and judy show of the worst contrivance.

It also makes you realize what an intentional distraction the afghan war is. It's like the wars in 1984 (the book not the year)

At least 1/2 the questions seemed to be about this war which has little effect and basically no positive benefit to the lives of people hear. Nothing about making life better for UK citizens, increasing employment prospects or bringing the cost of living to an achievable level. Lots of questions about how much armor our land rovers have.

Edited by The Edge

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

It also makes you realize what an intentional distraction the afghan war is. It's like the was in 1984 (the book not the year)

At least 1/2 the questions seemed to be about this war which has little effect and basically no positive benefit to the lives of people hear. Nothing about making life better for UK citizens, increasing employment prospects or bringing the cost of living to an achievable level. Lots of questions about how much armor our land rovers have.

Indeed, Brown boasting of spending £9bn on the Afghan War, and the Tories blithely supportive of our "war aims".

If a fraction of the monies that have been squandered on the public sector, wars etc had actually been invested into the productive economy, we wouldn't be so totally fekked as we are now! :(

HOLA4417

Indeed, Brown boasting of spending £9bn on the Afghan War, and the Tories blithely supportive of our "war aims".

If a fraction of the monies that have been squandered on the public sector, wars etc had actually been invested into the productive economy, we wouldn't be so totally fekked as we are now! :(

...when did we vote for war in Afghanistan..... <_<

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

I thought the whole thing was awful, we'll be lucky to have a hung Parliament let alone see the back of Brown:

See it on YouTube if you have no iplayer access: PMQs 10th March

What with the planted questions and lack of answers it just highlights how disgusting and out of touch with public opinion they really are.

Who they heck do they think they are representing

HOLA4422

It seemed quite a good PMQs for Brown and he ended up looking rather smug. As for Cameron despite a couple of heated moments he performed as if he would much rather have been elsewhere - like working in a bank and getting a guaranteed taxpayer funded non-performance related bonus of a few £millions a throw.

This isn't a comment in favour of or in support of NuLabour in any way. I'm really just trying to make an objective assessment on how PMQs seemed. I don't think much of any of the main parties these days.

Edited by billybong

HOLA4423

It seemed quite a good PMQs for Brown and he ended up looking rather smug. As for Cameron despite a couple of heated moments he performed as if he would much rather have been elsewhere - like working in a bank and getting a guaranteed taxpayer funded non-performance related bonus of a few £millions a throw.

This isn't a comment in favour of or in support of NuLabour in any way. I'm really just trying to make an objective assessment on how PMQs seemed. I don't think much of any of the main parties these days.

I agree, GB won it, Cameron had his moment which was great, there was almost a fight as people got very worked up.... but then it went into the normal puppet show and Gordon talked crap and everyone else gave up, which wasnt helped by the speaker. GB goes on and on and never answers ANY question.

Its Prime Minister by numbers, gordon doesnt think he just runs through a forumla and follows the same simple steps over and over again, it is mind numbing.

Edited by AteMoose

HOLA4424

If a fraction of the monies squandered on the public sector had actually been invested into wars we would be ruling the world again <_<

HOLA4425

The odd occasion when a real challenging question is raised, it is just ignored and instead brown brings up Lord Ashcroft

Apart from the few planted labour loyalist questions almost every answer seems to come back to Lord Ashcroft.

Pathetic isn't it. After 13 years of government they've nothing left to offer other than "but they have a donor who's taking full advantage of the tax laws we put in place". :(